windows 10 and xbox 360 not linking

Discus and support windows 10 and xbox 360 not linking in XBoX Accessibility to solve the problem; I am unable to start the PC software configuration on my Windows 10 for Xbox 360. The Xbox is giving a key that must be entered during the PC setup,... Discussion in 'XBoX Accessibility' started by ElizabethMcLean, Jul 4, 2019.

1. windows 10 and xbox 360 not linking

I am unable to start the PC software configuration on my Windows 10 for Xbox 360. The Xbox is giving a key that must be entered during the PC setup, but I am not even able to start this process on my pc. Where do I go to find the solution? Also, i cannot
    access any of my amazon prime items after trying to use explorer (you don't even allow us to download or use chrome!? i hate and never use explorer.) it pulls up the video cover page and then gives a message stating microsoft does not allow playing of streaming
    media? it's my console so i can't understand why you are exercising that kind of control. i already have 3 xboxes in this house, i am not buying another just to get back functionality on a microsoft item which microsoft has broken apps and controls for on
    their end. it has the latest update.

:)

ElizabethMcLean, Jul 4, 2019
  2. ElizabethMcLean Win User

yes there is the player, but that is not what it is looking for. it wants the now removed center which was stupid to remove in my opinion. the amazon app is now a broken app as well. so none of my computers can 'find' my console, which is connected to
    the internet. i can search the internet, use 'bing' which kinda sucks but cannot actually DO anything such as watch amazon or itunes videos.
  3. Ennileah ☆ Win User

Hi Elizabeth

There is another recent post here in the forums with a possible solution to your issue

https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us...ws-10-pc/9a22090e-dd4b-429e-8737-d943a3317f8d

If you follow the steps in the reply by
    @ArminaterX
    It can be done without the old Media Centre Version of windows by the looks.

Please try and let us know how you get on and if you run into any further issues.

Also regards your comments on the Chrome Browser. Chrome is a Google (Alphabet Inc) owned product and Google have not made apps available for Xbox consoles as yet. There are other browsers available for the Xbox one, but I believe the Xbox 360 still only
    has Microsoft Edge, which honestly I find faster and much more secure than Chrome once you get to used to the differences between the two. Edge also has a built in 'Smart Screen' safety feature, keeping you safe from malware and malicious websites, without
    having to add extra extensions.

Not many apps are made now for the 360 with many players now using Xbox One. The softwares on the 360 are far more limited than on the more recent consoles am afraid. You can still use Googles' website and search engine from inside another browser however,
    it doesnt not need to be the Chrome to use Google websites.

For Amazon Prime Video access, There is a standalone app for 360 for this, Not even the Xbox One browser will allow you to play your prime content from a console broswer sadly.. more on the Amazon Instant Video all for Xbox 360 is here

Amazon Instant Video for Xbox 360

I use my 360 in my bedroom for Netflix and Amazon Prime, last I checked 2 weeks ago, the Amazon Instant Video App was still working on my 360 without issue and I am able to access all my prime content.

Good luck in getting the sharing up and running!!
  4. ForzaDrift Girl Win User

Hi,

Do you have the media player app installed on the pc and xbox 360 as this is required to link the both together
  5. SilentParasite Win User

Can you connect this Xbox 360 controller to a PC?

I am not 100% sure about your controller but you can get a 360 controller to work, here is the link if you need it.

Xbox 360 controller on windows 10

Hope this helps.
  6. QuickMythril Win User

Xbox 360 SmartGlass App gone from Windows Store?

try this one. found it by searching "xbox 360 smart glass" with bing! :) also searching for this on my Windows Phone 10 gives me the same link. searching it using the Store app on my Windows 10 PC gives me no results.

www.microsoft.com/.../9wzdncrfhwm2

this linked posted by Mr Mascot says "available on PC". the one i linked to says for "mobile devices" and shows a tablet and phone.
Thema:

1. windows 10 and xbox 360 not linking - Similar Threads - windows 360 linking

2. xbox 360 wireless controller working on steam, but not working on windows games (started...

in XBoX on Consoles
    xbox 360 wireless controller working on steam, but not working on windows games (started...: Hello, I've got windows 10 with the latest update installed, I also have wireless xbox 360 controller. It works perfectly fine under Steam but I can't get it working with any of my games run...
  3. minecraft windows 10 Unable to fully keybind controller and cant override 360 controller...

in XBoX on Windows
    minecraft windows 10 Unable to fully keybind controller and cant override 360 controller...: so i have set up Minecraft win10 on the PC and use a wired 360 controller for when the boy wants to play. However you are unable to Fully customise the controller keys (main issue being 'F' to...
  4. Xbox 360 controller not functioning on Windows Store/Xbox (beta) only

in XboX Insiders
    Xbox 360 controller not functioning on Windows Store/Xbox (beta) only: Hi, I downloaded some of the Windows updates so that I could use the Game Pass for PC, and prior to this I had Forza Horizon 3 and it worked just fine through the Windows Store - however now with...
  5. Xbox 360 на Windows 10.[Xbox 360 on Windows 10.]

in XBoX on Windows
    Xbox 360 на Windows 10.[Xbox 360 on Windows 10.]: Всем доброго времени суток! Недавно столкнулся с такой проблемой: когда я подключаю свой проводной геймпад xbox 360 к ноутбуку и играю в игры, гейспад работает всего 5 минут и после пяти минут о...
  6. Xbox 360 Controller for Windows Issue

in XBoX on Windows
    Xbox 360 Controller for Windows Issue: So today I tried to use my controller and turns out it won't sync even after holding the pairing button with the receiver. Note that it work last time and now it doesn't. I am using Windows 10 So...
  7. WIreless Xbox 360 controller won't connect to Windows 10 PC

in XBoX on Windows
    WIreless Xbox 360 controller won't connect to Windows 10 PC: Title. I have the new adapter. The USB port is powered, and Settings recognizes that I have an Xbox wireless controller installed. I can remove but not update that, so I assume the driver is...
  8. Connecting an XBox 360 to a windows 10 PC

in XBoX on Windows
    Connecting an XBox 360 to a windows 10 PC: I'm trying to connect to my Windows 10 PC with an Xbox 360 but it obviously does not have the old media centre to link up How do I Link the xbox to my pc and watch videos I've purchased in Films...
  9. How can i connect my xbox 360 to my hp all in one computer (windows 10) using a HDMI cord?

in XBoX on Windows
    How can i connect my xbox 360 to my hp all in one computer (windows 10) using a HDMI cord?: I understand that this question has been asked before but all the answer said was Start - Settings - System - Display. that's not enough I need you to elaborate more on how to connect it please....
  10. D-Link: xbox 360 smart glass for lumia 730 support for windows 10

in XboX Networking Hardware
    D-Link: xbox 360 smart glass for lumia 730 support for windows 10: D-Link (Modems/Gateways): xbox 360 smart glass for lumia 730 support for windows 10 Hey there :) could you explain more about the problem?? 8e37c4c3-01f4-4c45-8a7e-1fc983e60cd2