Windows 10 does not recognize my Xbox 360 gaming wireless receiver

Discus and support Windows 10 does not recognize my Xbox 360 gaming wireless receiver in XBoX on Windows to solve the problem; Hello, I have recently bought an Xbox 360 gaming wireless receiver in order to connect my wireless Xbox 360 gaming controller. I have tried to... Discussion in 'XBoX on Windows' started by R0ckyy, Aug 15, 2019.

1. R0ckyy
    R0ckyy Guest

Hello,

I have recently bought an Xbox 360 gaming wireless receiver in order to connect my wireless Xbox 360 gaming controller.

I have tried to connect my wireless receiver but my PC does not recognize the receiver.

I don't know what to do, please assist me as soon as possible.

Thanks!

:)

R0ckyy, Aug 15, 2019
  2. G v zauBerBerg Win User

Controller Xbox360 / PC / Windows 10 - Issues

Hi Sidney N Paula,

sorry to hear. First of all the 360 controller only works with USB-cable on Windows 10 computer. For the wireless mode you need a

speciall wireless adapter and a extra driver
    . And second as far as I know, sorry some XBOX ONE GAMES do not recognize the 360 Controller.

Hope this helps
  3. XBF Leonzo G Win User

Xbox 360 wireless controller please the step for w8.1

Hello Grondis,

Thank you for bringing this issue to our attention. The Xbox 360 wireless controller requires a gaming receiver in order to connect to a computer. The article entitled

Xbox 360 Wireless Gaming Receiver for Windows 10
    contains steps on how to set up the controller on a Windows 10, Windows 8 and Windows 7 computer. Be sure to let us know the results!
  4. XBF Ruben D Win User

Hello ,

Thank you for posting on the Xbox forums. We will be locking this thread due to it being revived by a new post. If there are any questions, discussions or issues that anyone would like to bring to our attention, please create a new thread.
    We will be more than happy to answer any questions or provide solutions for any issues on your own thread.

Thank you again for posting on Xbox Forums!
  5. TFH_0815 Win User

Hey,

I have tried it on a different PC and the issue still exists. PC just wouldn't recognize it.
    Same Problem here. Did you manage to get the wireless receiver working?
  6. Tarnend Win User

if you have tried it on a different pc and it didnt work on that one either then it sounds like a faulty receiver, i would recommend returning it to the retailer you got it from.....
Thema:

1. Windows 10 does not recognize my Xbox 360 gaming wireless receiver - Similar Threads - Windows does recognize

2. Sign in button does nothing xbox game pass windows 11

in XBoX Accessibility
    Sign in button does nothing xbox game pass windows 11: I bought game pass this morning on windows 11 and when trying to log in the sign in button doesn't do anything. i have tried other suggestions on forums including using the console companion to...
  3. Does Dual Booting Ubuntu alongside Windows affect window network drivers?

in XBoX on Consoles
    Does Dual Booting Ubuntu alongside Windows affect window network drivers?: I am dual booting ubuntu (for class) and windows 11 (for personal) on my computer. I usually am able to use xbox services on pc without a problem. However, I noticed every time I try to use xbox...
  4. Xbox app does not work on windows 11

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Xbox app does not work on windows 11: Xbox store app cannot install any game without an 0x800706b error. All my pre-existing games have an error symbol on them and clicking in error details they all have the same error code. I have...
  5. Xbox accessories app does not work on Windows 10

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox accessories app does not work on Windows 10: Hello all I'm trying to configure the Xbox Accessories app, but with no luck till now. The moment I launch it, it says that I need to upgrade my Windows version to a newer one, and nothing more....
  6. Xbox One Controller successfully connected to PC via bluetooth does not work with Windows apps.

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox One Controller successfully connected to PC via bluetooth does not work with Windows apps.: The controller successfully connects and shows up in my devices as an Xbox controller but it does not function in games or bring up the game bar using the controller shortcut. With regards to the...
  7. Bought Minecraft Windows Edition but can't install / does not show in library

in XBoX Accessibility
    Bought Minecraft Windows Edition but can't install / does not show in library: Tonight I decided to buy Windows edition Minecraft to play with my xbox friends on their realm. After I bought it using paypal, I didnt get any receipt, download link, or real instruction as to...
  8. Windows no reconoce mando Xbox one [Translation-Windows does not recognize Xbox one command]

in XBoX on Windows
    Windows no reconoce mando Xbox one [Translation-Windows does not recognize Xbox one command]: El problema es que mi PC no identifica mi mando Xbox one desde que lo actualice porque antes si funcionaba perfecta mente pero ahora no me lo reconoce lo conecto pero dice no se reconoce...
  9. windows 10 no reconoce controladores de xbox acc (Windows 10 does not recognize Xbox ACC ...

in XBoX on Windows
    windows 10 no reconoce controladores de xbox acc (Windows 10 does not recognize Xbox ACC ...: Estimados, compre un mando Xbox one wireless, pero al conectar el adaptador a mi pc de escritorio, windows 10 pro no reconoce controladores para el XBOX ACC. no los instala en forma automática,...
  10. GTAIV: Cannot start game, does not recognize windows live account any more

in XBoX Games and Apps
    GTAIV: Cannot start game, does not recognize windows live account any more: I have GTAIV on steam on my PC. I used to play it a lot, but haven't for a few months now. Suddenly I can't start the game anymore. In order t play the game I have to log in with my Windows Live...