Windows 10 HDR gaming screen blanking issues

Discus and support Windows 10 HDR gaming screen blanking issues in XBoX on Windows to solve the problem; Since the "Achievements issue while in HDR" thread was locked without addressing the issue, I'm starting another thread. I have the same issue with... Discussion in 'XBoX on Windows' started by Nailed98, Apr 7, 2020.

1. Nailed98
    Nailed98 Guest

Since the "Achievements issue while in HDR" thread was locked without addressing the issue, I'm starting another thread.

I have the same issue with Windows 10 HDR gaming. Nvidia 1080 (latest drivers) with 2019 Samsung HDTV in HDR. When non-HDR content, e.g. an achievement, is show, the screen temporarily goes black, switches HDR off to display the non-HDR content, goes black
    again and returns to HDR.

This interrupts gameplay and makes HDR unbearable to use.

Any known fixes for this (other than disabling HDR, of course)?

:)

Nailed98, Apr 7, 2020
  2. B1gdeano Win User

I have been having this since day one - there is like zero support from MS on this - they close the thread without ever doing anything about it.

Made numerous posts about it and never gets sorted - submitted feedback, no joy.

This is immersion breaking and incredibly annoying. It really needs addressing.#

Annoying thing is it is so easily replicated - just play a game on PC via Xbox app with HDR enabled, get an achievement or ask someone to invite you to party and you will see it - DEVS FIX THIS
  3. DeliriumBlades Win User

Same here...Asus PG27UQ...Anytime i get an achievement,message,xbox alert or open game bar (WIN+G) the screen goes black to show the pop up notification in SDR then when notification goes away screen goes black when going back into HDR. Does this when
    adjusting the volume too.. pretty annoying
  4. Raman4434 Win User

I've been having the same issue. Anytime I get a notification or achievement my screen goes black for a second or two then returns to the game and it usually does it twice every time while the monitor resets back to HDR mode. This not only happens with the
    game bar but anytime my fullscreen game is interrupted, like when adjusting volume from my keyboard and the Windows volume UI pops up. It kicks my monitor out of HDR and screen goes black, comes back on, goes black again, then comes back on until the next
    interruption. I'm assuming that's what is causing it at least. I am using the Dell S3220DGF monitor with HDR turned on.

Hopefully, they find a fix soon.

Very Respectfully,

Randall
  5. BwwwJ1st Win User

I am experiencing the same screen blanking and being kicked out of HDR mode then screen returning with HDR. I noticed this playing on Streets of Rage 4, on PC game pass beta (just in case a moderator is wanting to replicate), when game bar pops up an
    overlay for an achievement. Funny thing is i turned off Windows game mode and game bar and still had the screen blanking and loss of HDR. I am going to try disabling their services next. I hope this gets fixed.
  6. Xolthor Win User

Same Problem here! Please fix this soon
Thema:

1. Windows 10 HDR gaming screen blanking issues - Similar Threads - Windows HDR gaming

2. Cannot sign in in games (Windows 10)

in XBoX on Windows
    Cannot sign in in games (Windows 10): Any new game I install from the Xbox App on Windows 10 will not let me log in after starting it. The Xbox app it self logs in to my Microsoft account automatically and signing out and back in...
  3. Can´t download (Minecraft for windows 10) if im not on the beta. When i try to download it...

in XboX Insiders
    Can´t download (Minecraft for windows 10) if im not on the beta. When i try to download it...: [IMG] submitted by /u/elzelboi [link] [comments]
  4. I cant reinstall minecraft windows 10 edition on my new computer

in XBoX on Windows
    I cant reinstall minecraft windows 10 edition on my new computer: As you can see I have Minecraft installed on my old computer [img] but when I go to the Microsoft Store installed tab it does not appear [img] To be clear I have purchased Minecraft...
  5. Windows 10 Game Bar Standalone Installer

in XBoX on Windows
    Windows 10 Game Bar Standalone Installer: I have a laptop that is on an isolated network. I need to have the Windows game bar installed. I cannot use the Microsoft Store (due to being on an isolated network with no exception to connect to...
  6. Uanble to install Games from the Windows 10 Xbox App

in XBoX on Windows
    Uanble to install Games from the Windows 10 Xbox App: For some reason i'm suddenly unable to install any game that is delivered by the Xbox Game Pass for PC. it worked weeks ago, but now i just get an error message "am unexpected error occured" with...
  7. Windows 10 Xbox App Beta Missing Features

in XboX Insiders
    Windows 10 Xbox App Beta Missing Features: If the New App is for some reason replacing the Xbox companion, it needs to have access to clubs, activity feeds, etc, its the main reason I use the Xbox companion, so why replace it with an app...
  8. Windows 10 Minecraft forces use of Xbox email (Microsoft Account) instead of personal...

in XBoX on Windows
    Windows 10 Minecraft forces use of Xbox email (Microsoft Account) instead of personal...: I have Minecraft for Java using my personal Gmail address as my login. I'm trying to use the same personal Gmail address to access Minecraft Windows 10 version. The problem is that whenever I go...
  9. Can I pay for Minecraft Bedrock Edition and play it on XBox and Windows 10?

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Can I pay for Minecraft Bedrock Edition and play it on XBox and Windows 10?: I want to buy Minecraft (plain Minecraft) in the Microsoft store. But, my question is, can I play it on Windows 10 and XBox? Because the System requirements say thet I can play it on both devices....
  10. HDR Screenshots by Windows Game Bar are too dark

in XBoX on Windows
    HDR Screenshots by Windows Game Bar are too dark: [img] When i take a screenshot of HDR game by Windows Game Bar, PNG screenshot is just too dark. Almost every dark areas become black and detail disappears. It seems like tone mapping is not...