Windows 10 Laptop sleeping during download

Discus and support Windows 10 Laptop sleeping during download in XBoX on Windows to solve the problem; I have xbox beta. The download speed is very slow (typically 4 mb/sec). To make maters worse, the laptop goes to sleep before completing downloads. I... Discussion in 'XBoX on Windows' started by joenkim, Oct 8, 2019.

1. joenkim
    joenkim Guest

I have xbox beta. The download speed is very slow (typically 4 mb/sec). To make maters worse, the laptop goes to sleep before completing downloads. I don't want to stop sleep mode entirely. Is there a way to prevent sleep mode during downloads?

:)

joenkim, Oct 8, 2019
  2. XBF Diego M Win User

Hi joenkim,

Thank you for posting on the Xbox forums.

I don't believe there is an option to prevent sleep mode during downloads because the laptop should not enter sleep mode if a download is running in the background. It seems counterproductive that the device would go to sleep mode and stop a download when
    you are not using the device to allow the download to complete.

I think the best thing to do is to adjust your sleep settings so that your laptop takes longer to go into sleep mode but you are not disabling it completely. You can mange those settings from the following link: How
    to adjust power and sleep settings

I hope this helps!
  3. PjMontgomery Win User

Groove music and onedrive

If only OneDrive worked the same way on Xbox running Windows 10 as it does on Windows 10 desktop/laptop/tablet and allowed you to select folders to download and sync for offline use. I have approx 9000 mp3......
  4. Chris PharmD Win User

A console by Apple? [Locked]

No, figures NOT grossly exaggerated... When I open up my PC laptop from sleep (hibernation), it says "Resuming Windows" for about 10-20 seconds. My Mac just opens right away. When you turn on the PC, it takes forever. It takes a Mac maybe 5 seconds to
    boot.
  5. KushQueen2o4 Win User

Xbox one achievements issue?

Hello? Sorry for the inconvenience, There has been lots of on going issues with Xbox Live/Glitches (bugs) due to the new Windows 10 with everybody downloading it, because as you may not know Windows 10 offers a feature on a laptop or computer that connects
    to your Xbox via Xbox App, that comes with Windows 10 during Installation. so there is Millions of users/people doing so because Windows 10 is completely FREE, so even the Xbox Servers is very busy due to issues that customers call about regarding their Xbox
    Problems, & such. Please hold off on playing Xbox for awhile, since their is a lot of Glitches (bugs) going on due to Windows 10 etc. I'm sure Xbox will have the problems fixed. if the problems continues, please contact Microsoft (US): 1 (800) 642 7676 or
    Canada: 1 (877) 568 2495
  6. minecraftgamer1 Win User

pc game pass

I have a windows 7 laptop but upgraded its software to windows 10
Thema:

1. Windows 10 Laptop sleeping during download - Similar Threads - Windows Laptop sleeping

2. MineCraft Running on Windows 10 on Laptop- Cant change mode to see through character Eye

in XBoX on Windows
    MineCraft Running on Windows 10 on Laptop- Cant change mode to see through character Eye: CAnt change the mode...i can see character whole body which blocks the my vision to place building blocks. I want to see via "Characters" Eye means I want to be inside the charcater not outside,...
  3. Halo Wars 2: Ultimate Edition - Unable to install on Windows 10 laptop

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Halo Wars 2: Ultimate Edition - Unable to install on Windows 10 laptop: I purchased a Download Code for Halo Wars 2: Ultimate Edition in April 2017 from Amazon.co.uk. I redeemed the Product Key on my Xbox One S and the game is installed there. When I try to install...
  4. my xbox controler dosnt seem to connect to my windows 10 laptop

in XBoX on Consoles
    my xbox controler dosnt seem to connect to my windows 10 laptop: cant connect my controller to my new laptop 5b677e0c-83c1-4ff6-b5c1-078af2dcbf6c
  5. hooking up windows 10 laptop to xbox one x

in XBoX on Windows
    hooking up windows 10 laptop to xbox one x: I got it hooked up and working for a couple hours once and then it just stop working out of no were and know ever time I try and connect it says " to continue, sign in on ur consol with this...
  6. Forza Horizon from xbox to windows 10 laptop

in XBoX on Windows
    Forza Horizon from xbox to windows 10 laptop: Hello, I have bought Forza Horizon 4 standard version (on disc) for xbox one and I recently got a windows 10 laptop. What can I do to install/ play Forza Horizon on my laptop as well? Thank you....
  7. Why am I not seeing the same list of games in Xbox one as it shows in WIndows 10 laptop

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Why am I not seeing the same list of games in Xbox one as it shows in WIndows 10 laptop: Why am I not seeing the same list of games in Xbox one as it shows in WIndows 10 laptop? Example: Ping pong 3D shows in my microsoft store which is compatible with Xbox one but not showing up in...
  8. Xbox One controller doesn't work with Windows 7 laptop

in XBoX on Windows
    Xbox One controller doesn't work with Windows 7 laptop: I have an original Xbox One controller without bluetooth and I have plugged it into my android phone and it works fine wired, but if I use the same cable, without the OTG adapter, it doesn't do...
  9. USB mic not working when streaming Xbox to window 10 laptop

in XBoX on Windows
    USB mic not working when streaming Xbox to window 10 laptop: I’m trying to use my Turtle Beach usb mic on my win 10 laptop to use as mic when I stream my Xbox to my win 10 laptop. The mic is working and when I start a party normally on the windows 10 Xbox...
  10. Xbox cloud game saves on Windows 10 Laptop

in XBoX on Windows
    Xbox cloud game saves on Windows 10 Laptop: If I uninstall an Xbox game from my Windows 10 laptop to free up space, what happens to the gamesaves for that game? If I reinstall the game at a later date, do the gamesaves resync from the Cloud...