Windows 10 Laptop sleeping during download

Discus and support Windows 10 Laptop sleeping during download in XBoX on Windows to solve the problem; I have xbox beta. The download speed is very slow (typically 4 mb/sec). To make maters worse, the laptop goes to sleep before completing downloads. I... Discussion in 'XBoX on Windows' started by joenkim, Oct 8, 2019.

1. joenkim
    joenkim Guest

I have xbox beta. The download speed is very slow (typically 4 mb/sec). To make maters worse, the laptop goes to sleep before completing downloads. I don't want to stop sleep mode entirely. Is there a way to prevent sleep mode during downloads?

:)

joenkim, Oct 8, 2019
  2. XBF Diego M Win User

Hi joenkim,

Thank you for posting on the Xbox forums.

I don't believe there is an option to prevent sleep mode during downloads because the laptop should not enter sleep mode if a download is running in the background. It seems counterproductive that the device would go to sleep mode and stop a download when
    you are not using the device to allow the download to complete.

I think the best thing to do is to adjust your sleep settings so that your laptop takes longer to go into sleep mode but you are not disabling it completely. You can mange those settings from the following link: How
    to adjust power and sleep settings

I hope this helps!
  3. SkyBatch Win User

Xbox Console Companion

It will not let me download the app on my windows 10 laptop
  4. BlackWhiteKS Win User

Xbox Game Pass for PC (Beta) unable to download Sea of Thieves using Xbox (beta) App

Error code: 0x803FB107, i should also mention that before this i updated my window 10 to 19003 for Sea of thieves.

EDIT: this must be a joke, because when i tried it on my laptop, it is currently downloading the game without updated window 10. (my laptop also doesn't have the xbox app installed.)

Downloading SoT anniversary edition, city skyline and ACA NERO GEO metal slug right now on my laptop. (without updates on console companion, window store, window 10)

How do i rollback to test it on my PC to see if it work? Deleted old updated to make space for a window 10 clean install before realise i could just go back to previous build.
  5. PjMontgomery Win User

Groove music and onedrive

If only OneDrive worked the same way on Xbox running Windows 10 as it does on Windows 10 desktop/laptop/tablet and allowed you to select folders to download and sync for offline use. I have approx 9000 mp3......
  6. Chris PharmD Win User

A console by Apple? [Locked]

No, figures NOT grossly exaggerated... When I open up my PC laptop from sleep (hibernation), it says "Resuming Windows" for about 10-20 seconds. My Mac just opens right away. When you turn on the PC, it takes forever. It takes a Mac maybe 5 seconds to
    boot.
Thema:

1. Windows 10 Laptop sleeping during download - Similar Threads - Windows Laptop sleeping

2. Purchased Minecraft on Xbox One X, trying to download to Windows 10 laptop via Windows Store

in XBoX on Windows
    Purchased Minecraft on Xbox One X, trying to download to Windows 10 laptop via Windows Store: I purchased the full version of Minecraft on Xbox One X about 2 months ago. My daughter would like to play it on the laptop as well. The game shows as "owned" in the Windows Marketplace and I have...
  3. uninstalling A Plague xbox game from my windows 10 laptop

in XBoX Games and Apps
    uninstalling A Plague xbox game from my windows 10 laptop: I have an xbox one, but im new to online gaming. I downloaded A Plague Tale: Innocence on xbox on my new laptop. Its super lagging and unplayable. If there's a fix that'd be great, otherwise how...
  4. I bought minecraft for windows ten on my laptop can I play it on my xbox?

in XBoX Accessibility
    I bought minecraft for windows ten on my laptop can I play it on my xbox?: I Purchased Minecraft for windows 10 on my laptop I was wondering if to play it on my xbox I would need to be again on the xbox or if im able to link the two. Any help would be appreciated...
  5. Xbox One games on Windows 10 laptop

in XBoX on Windows
    Xbox One games on Windows 10 laptop: I'm having trouble trying to get Xbox Companion up and running. I downloaded the App from the Microsoft App Store but when I launch it I get the following error message: We can't sign you in...
  6. Instant error when attempting to stream my xbox screen to my windows 10 laptop

in XBoX on Windows
    Instant error when attempting to stream my xbox screen to my windows 10 laptop: My xbox settings have "Allow broadcast to other devices" enabled, and I have successfully connected it to my laptop via the Xbox Console Companion App. Through connect, I can see my active game or...
  7. Minecraft Windows 10 Freezes The Whole Laptop

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Minecraft Windows 10 Freezes The Whole Laptop: So I Had Minecraft Windows 10 In A Older Laptop And It Runned The Game Perfectly. But On This New LapTop (Has AMD A6 2.60 GHz, 8Gb Ram) The Game Wont Start And Then It Freezes The LapTop Leaving...
  8. Sharing Wifi to XBOX 360 on a Windows 10 Laptop

in XboX Networking Hardware
    Sharing Wifi to XBOX 360 on a Windows 10 Laptop: Sharing Wifi to XBOX 360 on a Windows 10 Laptop I have received an old xbox 360 as a gift to my kids for Christmas and am trying every which way to connect it to internet having lost the use of...
  9. no sound in XBOX video captures on PC or laptop windows 10 (up to date)

in XBoX on Consoles
    no sound in XBOX video captures on PC or laptop windows 10 (up to date): never used to be a problem until a few months ago - thought it was a problem with windows 10 updates but still cannot hear sound - video is fine. I use it for recording golf video (a lot of them...
  10. Can't connect Xbox One S to my Windows 10 laptop

in XBoX on Windows
    Can't connect Xbox One S to my Windows 10 laptop: I've been trying to stream games from my Xbox to my laptop, but whenever I go to add a device and click on it, it tells me that it can't connect. I've checked all internet and streaming settings...