WIndows 10, Microsoft Store, Downloads and Games

Discus and support WIndows 10, Microsoft Store, Downloads and Games in XBoX on Windows to solve the problem; Short version, been having an issue since the problems with the Xbox service last night, games on my pc downloaded from the Microsoft Store won't... Discussion in 'XBoX on Windows' started by Jammy1QK, Feb 7, 2019.

1. Jammy1QK
    Jammy1QK Guest

Short version, been having an issue since the problems with the Xbox service last night, games on my pc downloaded from the Microsoft Store won't launch.

Tried uninstalling state of decay 2 and re-installing it and it won't download, no apps from the store will download, tried a dozen different small apps to see if I get anything to download and it won't and it's always throwing up the same error code when
    any download is attempted, 0x80072F8F.

Tried seeing if there were any updates for the Windows that may be preventing this stuff working, but it can't even check for updates. Tweeted @microsofthelps but frankly that should be @microsoftdoesnthelp.
    They won't even act like there's a problem, in the 2 hours i spent waiting for a reply a dozen different people tweeted the same issue. Would really just like a straight answer on whether this is related to last nights outage.

I should add this is only affecting the Microsft store bought games and apps, steam, gog, origin etc all work fine.

:)

Jammy1QK, Feb 7, 2019
  2. ONEEYEDKILLAh Win User

Code redeem for MINECRAFT Win10

Hello. When you originally would have redeemed the Win 10 version, the game gets tied to your Microsoft account. Whatever Microsoft account was used to redeem the code. On windows 10, you would sign in to the Windows 10 Store, using
    that gamertag, and Minecraft would be able to be downloaded through the store, as it recognizes you have the licence for it. Instead of asking you to buy, it would prompt you to download. It would also appear in your games and apps in the store as well, once
    your signed in, allowing you to download it from there. Hope this helps.
  3. XBF Crystal P Win User

tải ứng dụng [Translation - Download Application]

Hi there!

I'm sorry to hear about any issues you may be having downloading an app to your computer. Please try using this troubleshooting

guide for Window 10

Microsoft Store on Windows 10 has thousands of apps and games, all verified by Microsoft. Many apps and games are free to download and play.

1. Select StartWindows logo Start button, then from the apps list select
      Microsoft StoreShopping bag-shaped Store icon.
    2. In Microsoft Store, select either Apps or Games.
    3. To see more of any category, select Show all at the other end of the row.
    4. If you have problems with a free game, go to
      Run the troubleshooter for Windows apps.
      If Microsoft Store on Windows 10 doesn't open, see Microsoft Store does not launch in
      Microsoft Support.
    Hope this helps. Let us know.
  4. choppyseize Win User

You should be good to go now. I love State of Decay. Especially that new game mode they added.
  5. Jammy1QK Win User

Thank you,

Now to wait until it's resolved
  6. XBF Jasmine Z Win User

Hi Jammy1QK,

Thank you for letting us know that the issue has been fixed. We'll be locking the thread as the issue has been resolved.
    If you ever require any help with any other issues please feel free to come back to the Xbox Forums for further assistance.

For those reading this thread, if the troubleshooting steps listed above didn't help resolve the issue, please feel
    free to create a new thread asking for assistance. When the new thread is created please copy and paste the URL to this thread showing that the troubleshooting steps listed above didn't fix the issue.

Thank you and have a great day!
Thema:

1. WIndows 10, Microsoft Store, Downloads and Games - Similar Threads - WIndows Microsoft Store

2. microsoft store on windows 10 game update

in XBoX on Windows
    microsoft store on windows 10 game update: me and my friends have been playing ark. i started a server on my pc (got the game through game pass on the microsoft store. the game on xbox received an update, however on the microsoft store on...
  3. Where can i find the gamefiles of a game downloaded from the Microsoft store Windows 10

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Where can i find the gamefiles of a game downloaded from the Microsoft store Windows 10: Hi, i want to know if i can find the gamefiles of gears of war 4 installed on my Windows 10 machine from the store, i have looked everywhere but it seems like i cannot find them...
  4. Minecraft Windows 10 sumiu dos meus aplicativos da Microsoft Store (Minecraft Windows 10...

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Minecraft Windows 10 sumiu dos meus aplicativos da Microsoft Store (Minecraft Windows 10...: Há uns anos atrás ganhei um código de ativação do Minecraft Windows 10 do próprio site da Mojang. Ativei o código, e funcionou normalmente, mas como eu tinha a versão Java nunca mais joguei....
  5. Windows 10 Microsoft Store

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Windows 10 Microsoft Store: I made an order for the game Forza Motorsport 7: Standard Edition. My problem has two parts. Part 1: After the first checkout with the subsequent payment, the transaction ended with an error...
  6. Two people games in the Microsoft store on the Xbox one console and Microsoft Windows 10 Home

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Two people games in the Microsoft store on the Xbox one console and Microsoft Windows 10 Home: Jestem początkujący na konsoli Microsoft Xbox one, jak na Microsoft Windows 10 sklep story, bezpłatne gry na dwóch graczy jak znalesc w sklepie store w Xbox one jak i sklepie store Microsoft...
  7. Two people games in the Microsoft store on the Xbox one console and Microsoft Windows 10 Home

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Two people games in the Microsoft store on the Xbox one console and Microsoft Windows 10 Home: I am a beginner on the Microsoft Xbox one console, as on Microsoft Windows 10 story store, free two-player games as found in the store store in Xbox one and the Microsoft Windows 10 Home store,...
  8. Windows store shopping transfer on a new Microsoft account ?

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Windows store shopping transfer on a new Microsoft account ?: Hello, I bought Minecraft a few years ago on a PC and received code for the Windows 10 version, but I want to transfer my Minecraft game to my new Microsoft account so I can play it on my new...
  9. Xbox one S does not show up in devices to install to in microsoft store on windows 10 or ...

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox one S does not show up in devices to install to in microsoft store on windows 10 or ...: Hey, I've got a problem that's been irritating me for a while... I can not seem to remotely install xbox games from my windows 10 pc to my xbox one s. Whenver i click the button to install on my...
  10. Can't redeem codes in Microsoft Store or on Xbox phone/Windows 10 app

in XBoX on Windows
    Can't redeem codes in Microsoft Store or on Xbox phone/Windows 10 app: I keep getting this message. Sorry, an unexpected error has occurred. The error has been recorded and we will investigate. Please try to redeem your code later. UnknownExternalError...