Windows 10 shows my xbox 360 wireless adapter as "unknown device"

Discus and support Windows 10 shows my xbox 360 wireless adapter as "unknown device" in XBoX on Windows to solve the problem; Hey all, I have a 360 wireless xbox 360 controller, which works with my pc using a wireless adapter through usb. I've been using it for years daily,... Discussion in 'XBoX on Windows' started by avivb9, May 15, 2020.

1. avivb9
    avivb9 Guest

Hey all,

I have a 360 wireless xbox 360 controller, which works with my pc using a wireless adapter through usb.

I've been using it for years daily, using windows 7.

I recently updated to windows 10, and now it doesn't work.

Device manager shows it as "unknown decive".

I tried updating windows, plugging it to another usb port, restarting, updating driver using the "let me find" option on device manager, uninstalling xbox 360 accessories...nothing works Windows 10 shows my xbox 360 wireless adapter as "unknown device" :(

I got to this screen:

Windows 10 shows my xbox 360 wireless adapter as "unknown device" [​IMG]

But when I press ok - it still shows as an unknown device...

It works perfectly on my laptop using windows 10, Installed and tested today.

Any idea what else can be done?

:)

avivb9, May 15, 2020
  2. Sanana94 Win User

3. avivb9 Win User

Hey,

I read that it's included in Windows 10 as part of the windows update.

I had it installed originally, uninstalled, now tried installing again - no luck.
  4. Tarnend Win User

xbox 360 Wireless Adapter device driver for windows 10

i found this on another thread.... please try the following:

For a wireless adapter for your Xbox 360 controller, look under your device manager.

Then look under unknown peripherals or something that is unknown.

Click update driver / browse computer for driver software.

Select let me pick a list of available drivers.

Find Xbox 360 wireless receiver for windows (newest version).

That should get your controller to connect to the wireless adapter.

Regards
  5. DrifterX22 Win User

xbox one wireless adapter for windows 10

xbox wireless adapter troubleshooting

The adapter didn't auto-install

Because the drivers for the Xbox Wireless Adapter for Windows are embedded within the Windows 10 operating system, the adapter should auto-install. If it doesn't, try the following solutions:

• Make sure your Windows 10 device is connected to the Internet.
    • Make sure your Windows 10 device is up to date by going to Windows Update on your device and checking for available updates.
    • Reboot your device and try again.
    • Ensure your USB ports are not disabled in your Device Manager.
    • Try another USB 2.0 or 3.0 port.
    • Try reinstalling the drivers in case they have partially installed. To do so, you need to uninstall the drivers. Follow these steps to complete this process:
      1. Go to your Device Manager.
      2. Locate Xbox Wireless Adapter for Windows in the Network adapters section.
      3. Click Xbox Wireless Adapter for Windows to bring up the Properties window.
      4. Click on the Driver tab.
      5. On the Driver tab, click the Uninstall button.
      6. On the confirmation window, check Delete the driver software for this device.
      7. Unplug the Xbox Wireless Adapter for Windows and reboot your Windows 10 device. Once the device is back on, plug in the adapter.
      8. If the Xbox Wireless Adapter for Windows still does not install, follow all of the above steps thoroughly one more time. If this doesn't work, your adapter needs to be replaced. See How to get service for

your Xbox Wireless Adapter for Windows
  6. XBF Diego M Win User

joystick xbox one adapter (error xbox acc)

Hi Diego,

Because the drivers for the
    Xbox Wireless Adapter for Windows
    are embedded within the Windows 10 operating system, the adapter should auto-install. If it doesn't, try the following solutions:

• Make sure your Windows 10 device is connected to the Internet.
    • Make sure your Windows 10 device is up to date by going to Windows Update on your device and checking for available updates.
    • Reboot your device and try again.
    • Ensure your USB ports are not disabled in your Device Manager.
    • Try another USB 2.0 or 3.0 port.
    • Try reinstalling the drivers in case they have partially installed. To do so, you need to uninstall the drivers. Follow these steps to complete this process:
      1. Go to your Device Manager.
      2. Locate Xbox Wireless Adapter for Windows in the Network adapters section.
      3. Click Xbox Wireless Adapter for Windows to bring up the Properties window.
      4. Click on the Driver tab.
      5. On the Driver tab, click the Uninstall button.
      6. On the confirmation window, check Delete the driver software for this device.
      7. Unplug the Xbox Wireless Adapter for Windows and reboot your Windows 10 device. Once the device is back on, plug in the adapter.
      8. If the Xbox Wireless Adapter for Windows still does not install, follow all of the above steps thoroughly one more time. If this doesn't work, your adapter needs to be replaced. See How to get service for

your Xbox Wireless Adapter for Windows
Thema:

1. Windows 10 shows my xbox 360 wireless adapter as "unknown device" - Similar Threads - Windows shows 360

2. Xbox App on Windows 10 won't let me download games or even shows my install path in settings

in XBoX on Windows
    Xbox App on Windows 10 won't let me download games or even shows my install path in settings: So over the past few weeks being able to install any games off of Gamepass through the Xbox app. I went into the settings after clearing the cache and stuff to see if that would help, but now it...
  3. How do I make unistalled games stop showing up on the left bar on Xbox app for Windows 10...

in XBoX on Windows
    How do I make unistalled games stop showing up on the left bar on Xbox app for Windows 10...: Hello, it's the first time I'm using this forum, which means I might have made some mistakes choosing which category to post this call for help. English is not my native language, sorry for any...
  4. Issues with Microsoft Store Window "Show in Store" when updating/installing PSO2:NGS CBT...

in XboX Insiders
    Issues with Microsoft Store Window "Show in Store" when updating/installing PSO2:NGS CBT...: While trying to install a client update for the Phantasy Star Online 2: New Genesis Closed Beta Test via the XBOX Insiders App for PC, the Microsoft Store window that pops up when l click on "Show...
  5. minecraft for windows 10 wont show up in my games in xbox live

in XBoX on Windows
    minecraft for windows 10 wont show up in my games in xbox live: ive had and played minecraft for windows 10 multiple times before on pc. i got it when it came as a redeemable code along with java, recently my laptop that i played it on broke and im just now...
  6. Owned, digital versions of xbox games wont show up on Windows xbox app

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Owned, digital versions of xbox games wont show up on Windows xbox app: Hi, only one of my games that i own digitally on my microsoft accaount is showing up in my game library on pc, but all of them are shown on the xbox. Please help!...
  7. Bought Forza Horizon 4 and is not showing on my Windows Store

in XBoX on Windows
    Bought Forza Horizon 4 and is not showing on my Windows Store: Please i Need to reinstall my Forza Horizon 4 and is not showing at any instance of my windows accounts. I reedem a code a while ago directly at windows store. but now it says i have to buy it if...
  8. minecraft windows 10 is not showing up in my xbox library

in XBoX Games and Apps
    minecraft windows 10 is not showing up in my xbox library: It's the same account and I bought it in the windows store. It will not show up in my Xbox library. After i get that done can i share the game to my Xbox one? 02930d3b-bcaa-4074-b2b1-dd1ed04797ad
  9. RTX beta in Minecraft Windows 10 edition is not showing up for me.

in XboX Insiders
    RTX beta in Minecraft Windows 10 edition is not showing up for me.: I click on the windows 10 edition of minecraft and there is only one beta preview and no RTX. submitted by /u/BeldygaBoy [link] [comments]
  10. Child has redeemed Minecraft for Windows 10. Order history shows but can't install.

in XBoX on Windows
    Child has redeemed Minecraft for Windows 10. Order history shows but can't install.: Hi. Please can someone help? I purchased a license for Minecraft (Windows10) for my daughter this Christmas. Was purchased from a 3rd party to be redeemed through Microsoft. So, logged into her...