Windows 10 ... Windows Solitaire Preview Edition? Where is the premium release edition?

Discus and support Windows 10 ... Windows Solitaire Preview Edition? Where is the premium release edition? in XBoX Games and Apps to solve the problem; I'm having a big issue with the inability to download the Windows 10 version of the Microsoft Solitaire Collection. I'm only offered preview which... Discussion in 'XBoX Games and Apps' started by RaXeT, Nov 18, 2015.

1. RaXeT
    RaXeT Guest

Windows 10 ... Windows Solitaire Preview Edition? Where is the premium release edition?

I'm having a big issue with the inability to download the Windows 10 version of the Microsoft Solitaire Collection. I'm only offered preview which saves nothing.

Where is the Premium?

I have the Microsoft Mahjong version2.5.1508.1801 installed which offers Daily Challenges etc.

I see a link to download from the preview edition Solitaire but it fails to download and install?

Please advise on where to turn for support on this?

Thanks,

Frank

:)

RaXeT, Nov 18, 2015
  2. Congo2
    Congo2 Guest
    Lost my Premium subscription on Windows 10

Lost my Premium subscription to Windows Solitaire on Windows 10. Mahjong works, but not Solitaire.

Congo2, Nov 18, 2015
  3. DFa52
    DFa52 Guest
    Premium Edition of Solitaire Collection

Why does my payment of a Premium Edition of the Solitaire Collection in my account () doesn't work in the Windows 8.1 version of the Solitaire Collection - it only seems to work in my Windows 10 version. We have two computers and I would have thought
    my account payment would be in my account, not a Windows version. I don't want to have to pay twice to get the premium edition for my Windows 8.1 computer.

DFa52, Nov 18, 2015
  4. maxen
    maxen Guest

Hi Frank,

If you follow this link, there should be a button for "Get the Game":

www.microsoft.com/.../9wzdncrfhwd2

Could you try that and see if it installs the correct version of Solitaire for you?

Let us know how you get on.

maxen, Nov 18, 2015
  5. RaXeT
    RaXeT Guest
    This link doesn't work for me. When selecting the link, the link briefly opens but immediately terminates.

RaXeT, Nov 19, 2015
  6. RaXeT
    RaXeT Guest
    This link didn't work before the Windows 10 1511 update last night and continues to exhibit the same termination as described after the update to 1511.

RaXeT, Nov 19, 2015
  7. maxen
    maxen Guest
    maxen, Nov 19, 2015
  8. RaXeT
    RaXeT Guest

The US link you kindly posted terminates in the same manner.

RaXeT, Nov 19, 2015
  9. RaXeT
    RaXeT Guest
    When I go to all apps from the start menu I do see an entry for Microsoft Solitaire Collection but it fails to open as well. When I select that app for uninstall, the uninstall fails. This install I believe failed several days ago. It's just now that I noticed
    the listing Microsoft Solitaire Collection above the Microsoft Solitaire Collection Preview.

Any further thoughts? My first reaction would be to try a dirty uninstall via Regedit. Of course not preferred.

RaXeT, Nov 19, 2015
  10. maxen
    maxen Guest
    Can you uninstall the Preview, then the other listing, and then retry the installation of the full Solitaire Collection?

maxen, Nov 19, 2015
  11. RaXeT
    RaXeT Guest
    I can uninstall the preview however I can't uninstall the full Solitaire. Get this message:

"WE COULDN'T UNINSTALL MICROSOFT SOLITAIRE COLLECTION

The operation could not complete successfully. Try again in a bit.

The error code is 0x80073cf6, in case you need it.

RaXeT, Nov 19, 2015
  12. RaXeT
    RaXeT Guest
    When I try to use Windows 10 PowerShell I get no satisfaction either. Totally bugged.

PS C:\WINDOWS\system32> Get-AppxPackage *solitairecollection* | Remove-AppxPackage

Remove-AppxPackage : Deployment failed with HRESULT: 0x80073CF6, Package could not be registered.

error 0x80070003: Reading manifest from location: AppxManifest.xml failed with error: The system cannot find the path

specified.

NOTE: For additional information, look for [ActivityId] f37785bc-2323-0000-28b3-77f32323d101 in the Event Log or use

the command line Get-AppxLog -ActivityID f37785bc-2323-0000-28b3-77f32323d101

At line:1 char:41

+ Get-AppxPackage *solitairecollection* | Remove-AppxPackage

+ ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

+ CategoryInfo : WriteError: (Microsoft.Micro...__8wekyb3d8bbwe:String) [Remove-AppxPackage], IOException

+ FullyQualifiedErrorId : DeploymentError,Microsoft.Windows.Appx.PackageManager.Commands.RemoveAppxPackageCommand

Windows 10 ... Windows Solitaire Preview Edition? Where is the premium release edition? :(

RaXeT, Nov 19, 2015
  13. RaXeT
    RaXeT Guest

Now I'm really stuck. Tried deleting from registry everything Microsoft Solitaire Collection and get the infamous:

Cannot delete Microsoft.MicrosoftSolitaireCollection_3.5.11021.0_x64_8wekyb3d8bbwe: Error while deleting key.

RaXeT, Nov 1, 2018
  14. RaXeT Win User

Now I'm really stuck. Tried deleting from registry everything Microsoft Solitaire Collection and get the infamous:

Cannot delete Microsoft.MicrosoftSolitaireCollection_3.5.11021.0_x64_8wekyb3d8bbwe: Error while deleting key.
  15. RaXeT Win User

When I try to use Windows 10 PowerShell I get no satisfaction either. Totally bugged.

PS C:\WINDOWS\system32> Get-AppxPackage *solitairecollection* | Remove-AppxPackage

Remove-AppxPackage : Deployment failed with HRESULT: 0x80073CF6, Package could not be registered.

error 0x80070003: Reading manifest from location: AppxManifest.xml failed with error: The system cannot find the path

specified.

NOTE: For additional information, look for [ActivityId] f37785bc-2323-0000-28b3-77f32323d101 in the Event Log or use

the command line Get-AppxLog -ActivityID f37785bc-2323-0000-28b3-77f32323d101

At line:1 char:41

+ Get-AppxPackage *solitairecollection* | Remove-AppxPackage

+ ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

+ CategoryInfo : WriteError: (Microsoft.Micro...__8wekyb3d8bbwe:String) [Remove-AppxPackage], IOException

+ FullyQualifiedErrorId : DeploymentError,Microsoft.Windows.Appx.PackageManager.Commands.RemoveAppxPackageCommand

:(
  16. RaXeT Win User

When I go to all apps from the start menu I do see an entry for Microsoft Solitaire Collection but it fails to open as well. When I select that app for uninstall, the uninstall fails. This install I believe failed several days ago. It's just now that I noticed
    the listing Microsoft Solitaire Collection above the Microsoft Solitaire Collection Preview.

Any further thoughts? My first reaction would be to try a dirty uninstall via Regedit. Of course not preferred.
  17. RaXeT Win User

This link didn't work before the Windows 10 1511 update last night and continues to exhibit the same termination as described after the update to 1511.
  18. RaXeT Win User

I can uninstall the preview however I can't uninstall the full Solitaire. Get this message:

"WE COULDN'T UNINSTALL MICROSOFT SOLITAIRE COLLECTION

The operation could not complete successfully. Try again in a bit.

The error code is 0x80073cf6, in case you need it.
Thema:

1. Windows 10 ... Windows Solitaire Preview Edition? Where is the premium release edition? - Similar Threads - Windows Windows Solitaire

2. Windows updates affecting Solitaire Events.

in XBoX on Windows
    Windows updates affecting Solitaire Events.: Has anyone else experienced this problem. When a windows update is due it seems to affect my connection to the Microsoft Casual Games Events. When I finish a game, I either get a recurring...
  3. Windows 10 Solitaire subsciption.

in XBoX on Windows
    Windows 10 Solitaire subsciption.: I have a solitaire subscription on my desk top. Now they want to charge me an additional cost to use it on my lap top when I travel. This doesn't seem right. I thought the subscription was for any...
  4. How do I update my MS Solitaire Collection? (Windows 8.1)

in XBoX on Windows
    How do I update my MS Solitaire Collection? (Windows 8.1): Split from this thread. Hello BasicDuck319476, Thank you for posting on the Xbox forums. We understand that your account is having trouble syncing saved data to the cloud. We suggest making...
  5. Microsoft solitaire collection windows 10.Ежедневные задания.Достижения. -[Translation...

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Microsoft solitaire collection windows 10.Ежедневные задания.Достижения. -[Translation...: Ежедневные задания. Достижение "Марафон" Уже четвёртый месяц, каждое первое число начинается всё заново, хотя выполнено всё точно. Достижения "Цели Бронза-Серебро-Золото" Наверно уже год висят...
  6. Xbox Live error 121010 when opening Microsoft Solitaire Collection on Windows 10

in XBoX on Windows
    Xbox Live error 121010 when opening Microsoft Solitaire Collection on Windows 10: I keep getting this message Xbox Live error 121010 when opening Microsoft Solitaire Collection on Windows 10. When I click on the link in the message to go to https://aka.ms/mssolitairefaq, this...
  7. Unable to log on to Microsoft Solitaire Games on Windows 10 since June 8.

in XBoX on Windows
    Unable to log on to Microsoft Solitaire Games on Windows 10 since June 8.: I have played Microsoft Solitaire Games for months and starting June 8 2019 I can no longer log on. My husband can log on to his account on the same computer so the problem is not internet...
  8. Solitaire collection app for windows 10

in XBoX on Windows
    Solitaire collection app for windows 10: As advised when the same error kept occurring I reinstalled but this has made the situation worse as the error 12010 still persists and my game has been reset at the most basic level whereas I was...
  9. Windows 10 solitaire premium verse Android cersion

in XBoX on Mobile
    Windows 10 solitaire premium verse Android cersion: My computer shows that my subscription for Solitaire Premium will expire in January of 2020. My question if why did the Android version require me to pay today, when I tried to use the app. Are...
  10. Microsoft Solitaire Collection for Windows 10 - Event Time Errors

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Microsoft Solitaire Collection for Windows 10 - Event Time Errors: My SO and I like to compete with each other when playing the events that are available every couple of days. The problem is, the only way we can get accurate total times is if we both play...