Windows 10 xbox app: turn off suggested friends. See attached

Discus and support Windows 10 xbox app: turn off suggested friends. See attached in XBoX Games and Apps to solve the problem; Every week or so I have to minus "-" 10-20 Suggested Friends under my Friends & Clubs tab of the app. All are "Hip Clip Creator" or something having... Discussion in 'XBoX Games and Apps' started by delmar93, Oct 7, 2019.

1. delmar93
    delmar93 Guest

Every week or so I have to minus "-" 10-20 Suggested Friends under my Friends & Clubs tab of the app.

All are "Hip Clip Creator" or something having to do with your new streaming service.

I don't want to see this anymore. There doesn't seem to be a way to hide/turn off suggested friends except clicking the minus sign on each and every one.

Is there a way to disable this "feature" i'm missing?

Plus i'm getting "Suggested for you" people in the activity feed.

Maybe i'm old and not "hip", but i don't want to see 10 teens posing in bikinis or dudes with blue hair every time I log on to see if Carl is playing sea of thieves... Screen Shot attached...

[Mod removed- personal information]

:)

delmar93, Oct 7, 2019
  2. delmar93 Win User

Thanks both of you for the response! Sorry I thought I was posting in some sort of official Microsoft forum, not that peer help isn't any more helpful than full tech support. Most solutions (very creative solutions) have been from non-employee help.

It's not really a complaint. I know MS is really pushing their social platform Mixer and with that you're going to get users who are selling their "image" rather than their talent, and i see that in my Suggested Friends tab. And good for MS for steaming,
    I hope someday they'll give youtube a run for their money since most of YT's creators are ready to jump ship.

If it were more "add this streamer as a friend because they had 3,000 viewers speed running dark souls" and not "I'm a teen in a bikini and I make clips" I wouldn't mind as much. Maybe the system is
    just showing top upward friend trend counts, like this person is a gaming god, or more likely it's because she's showing her knockers on the profile picture.

I know sex sells. But there are already platforms you can find that **** at. Here, you apparently can't turn it off
  3. G v zauBerBerg Win User

Hi delmar93,

sorry to hear that you are not a ;-) "satisfied customer".

No, joke aside this is a help forum and unfortunately we (usually users as you are) can't help here. There was a website for proposals but it is offline. Why. Yes Why.

But I hope this answer will help you: "You're not alone" but this isn't a complaints Department but MS listens, and they work on it.

On my XBOX (pre alpha circle) last week i got a new feature to block Information I do not want. So Keep on playing,
    (creepy for me) in the future the AI maybe will fix this.
  4. Lolusc0 Win User

I never had this problem and I didn't find an option to disable this "feature" :/
  5. T FUNK 1984 Win User

Showing as Offline

Hi thanks for the advice. I've tried setting myself to offline, turning off my Xbox then going online using the Windows 10 app on my laptop but I'm still showing offline to friends. Is there a particular way/order I need to do it?
  6. Andre for Directly Win User

XBOX Game bar recorded audio glitchy

Hi EYEcuDV

My name is Andre Da Costa; an Independent Consultant, Windows Insider MVP and Windows & Devices for IT MVP. I'm here to help you with your problem.

Microsoft is currently working on improvements for the Xbox Game bar. You might want to download and install the beta to see if it helps.

Here are some things you can try to see if it helps:

Turn the Game Bar on or off in Windows 10:

1. Navigate to the Xbox app within Windows 10.

2. Select Settings and then Game DVR.

3. Turn ëRecord game clips and screenshots using Game DVRí to off.

Turn the Game Bar on or off in Windows 10 using the registry:

1. Navigate to HKEY_CURRENT_USER\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\GameDVR.

2. Change the AppCaptureEnabled DWORD value to 0 to turn it off. Change it to 1 to turn it back on.

3. Navigate to HKEY_CURRENT_USER\System\GameConfigStore.

4. Change the GameDVR_Enabled DWORD value to 0 to turn it off. Change it to 1 to turn it back on.

To remove the Game Bar altogether:

If you would like to remove the Xbox app altogether, try this.

1. Open a Windows PowerShell as an administrator.

2. Type or paste ëGet-AppxPackage *xboxapp* | Remove-AppxPackageí

3. Let the process complete.

Let us know how it turns out.
Thema:

1. Windows 10 xbox app: turn off suggested friends. See attached - Similar Threads - Windows app turn

2. Xbox one x not turning on from Windows app

in XBoX on Windows
    Xbox one x not turning on from Windows app: Hey there. I have messed with this for awhile but havent figured much out. Everytime I go to turn on my xbox one x from my pc it says "We can't turn on your console. Make sure this device is on...
  3. Windows 10 Xbox App not turning on / finding my Xbox One X

in XBoX on Windows
    Windows 10 Xbox App not turning on / finding my Xbox One X: Even though Instant On is enabled on the Xbox One X and that the console is on the same network as my Alienware Windows 10 Laptop, the Xbox App is unable to turn on my Xbox One X. If I go to where...
  4. Xbox App on Windows 10 loses streaming sound when TV connected to Xbox One turns off

in XBoX on Windows
    Xbox App on Windows 10 loses streaming sound when TV connected to Xbox One turns off: Xbox App on Windows 10 loses streaming sound when TV connected to Xbox One turns off. Sound is restored when I turn the TV on. I was hoping to play my Xbox One game in another room from the TV....
  5. Xbox One X - Cannot find on network via Xbox app for Windows or Android until manually turned ...

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Xbox One X - Cannot find on network via Xbox app for Windows or Android until manually turned ...: As the title states my new Xbox One X cannot be found on the network via the Xbox App while in standby mode. After the Xbox X is manually powered on then I can use the app to stream and do other...
  6. Can't 'turn on' xbox one via app in Windows 10

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Can't 'turn on' xbox one via app in Windows 10: When attempting to 'turn on' the XBOX One from the app I get the following message: "We can't turn on your console. Make sure this device is on the same network as your console and your console...
  7. Can Turn on Xbox One S from Windows 10 App, but cannot Stream

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Can Turn on Xbox One S from Windows 10 App, but cannot Stream: I have been able to stream to my PC for awhile now, but after the most recent Windows up date, all I can seem to do with the xbox app is turn on my xbox and not actually do any streaming. After I...
  8. How to turn off parental controls on xbox app windows 10

in XBoX Games and Apps
    How to turn off parental controls on xbox app windows 10: Hey, Im have trouble finding out how you turn off the parental control setting on the xbox app on windows 10 because i''ve been playing Forza Horizon 3 on Windows 10, and some features are...
  9. Xbox streaming to windows works great but can't turn console on via app why?

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox streaming to windows works great but can't turn console on via app why?: Hi everyone hopefully someone can give me some ideas as to why I'm having this issue. Anyway my problem is if I go and turn the xbox on manually using the xbox controller or on the front of the...
  10. The games and apps window on the dashboard turns red?

in XBoX on Consoles
    The games and apps window on the dashboard turns red?: As you can see it turns red for less than a second multiple times. What is causing this?[View:[MEDIA]] 0f11df54-3efb-46d3-a9be-58221bd242ce