Windows 10 Xbox (Beta) App : How to pause the Downloads of games updates ?

Discus and support Windows 10 Xbox (Beta) App : How to pause the Downloads of games updates ? in XBoX on Windows to solve the problem; Hi everybody, In the Windows 10Xbox (Beta) App, it can automaticly downloads the updates of games : but where is it possible to put these downloads... Discussion in 'XBoX on Windows' started by Dan8K, Jul 1, 2019.

1. Dan8K
    Dan8K Guest

Hi everybody,

In the Windows 10Xbox (Beta) App, it can automaticly downloads the updates of games :

but where is it possible to put these downloads on PAUSE ?

(I can't find a Menu for this in the App)

I have just had a message button to launch the download of an update for a game, but I can't find the place where I can see and more important
    pause the downloads which are ongoing.

It is very important for me because games updates can be very high/important in Gb, and I have just a small internet connexion, so I will prefer to pause the downloads during the day, and let them run during the nightime...

Many thanks for your help...

:)

Dan8K, Jul 1, 2019
  2. Dan8K Win User

Hi tazmad2010,

Many thanks for your answer !

I will check during the next game upgrades that I may indeed pause the downloads in the
    Store App where the Xbox GPU App seems to refer about its downloads...
  3. tazmad2010 Win User

Hi, from what I see you can't pause the downloads from the app itself. However if you open the Microsoft Store app and look in Downloads and updates you should be able to pause game/app updates from there.
  4. Tip Drickle Win User

i cant downloaded Metro Exodus for Windows

Sounds to me like you need to download the Xbox beta app. If that's the case check to see if you are on windows 10 version 1903. If you are on anything below that, you can't download the Xbox beta app.

check your updates to see if it allows you to update to 1903. If not, go to this link https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/software-download/windows10 download
    the tool and update it manually.

Once the update is complete download the Xbox beta app. log in to your account and download metro exodus
  5. CrazY1985 Win User

I would like this profile as profile :)

Use the Xbox beta app on Windows 10 (download it in Store) to set this picture :)
  6. XBF Amber M Win User

Impossible de lancer des anciens jeux ou d'installer des nouveaux [Translation - It's impossible to launch old games or install new games ]

Hi Julien,

Thanks for reaching out to us in the forums with this issue. As you're having difficulty in getting older and newer games and DLC to completely install, you may wish to try some of the solutions available from our community post concerning the
    Xbox (Beta) app. It contains some solutions that may be super helpful for this issue specifically concerning updating the PC to Windows 10 version 1903.

Windows 10 Xbox (Beta) App FAQ

Additional resources from our support pages that you may also wish to use for troubleshooting are as follows:

Troubleshoot game installations on Windows 10

Troubleshooting downloadable content on Windows 10

Give these a try and let us know the results.

I hope that this helps out!
Thema:

1. Windows 10 Xbox (Beta) App : How to pause the Downloads of games updates ? - Similar Threads - Windows Beta App

2. Killer Instinct not available on Xbox App for Windows 10 (Beta)?

in XBoX on Windows
    Killer Instinct not available on Xbox App for Windows 10 (Beta)?: Hello. I've purchased Killer Instinct Definitive Edition today and a number of other Play Anywhere games. All the others have appeared in my app under games I own except for Killer Instinct. I...
  3. Error 0x87e10bc6 on starting Wolfenstein II via the Xbox Beta App on windows 10

in XBoX on Windows
    Error 0x87e10bc6 on starting Wolfenstein II via the Xbox Beta App on windows 10: Hi, so I recently got the gamepass and downloaded Gears of War and Wolfenstein II through the Xbox Beta App on Windows 10. Whenever I try to start Wolfenstein II I get the error 0x87e10bc6, which...
  4. Windows Xbox (Beta) App

in XBoX on Windows
    Windows Xbox (Beta) App: Several problems with this Application over the past couple days; Since a couple of days ago, the Xbox PC App whenever loaded, loads in a black screen, and I've tried force closing it via Task...
  5. Can't change default app installation drive on Windows 10 for the Xbox Beta

in XBoX on Windows
    Can't change default app installation drive on Windows 10 for the Xbox Beta: I was using this drive to install my games on a previous installation of the system, but I had to format it and now I cannot change the default drive back to this drive because windows finds the...
  6. Xbox App Beta on Windows 10 Resume Download problem

in XBoX on Windows
    Xbox App Beta on Windows 10 Resume Download problem: Hello, last night I was downloading Metro Exodus on my Pc, via Game Pass, then I stopped it, and a few minutes ago I tried to resume the download. It didn't work. I had to restart the whole...
  7. Cannot download games.. stuck on queued in Windows 10 Xbox app (beta)

in XBoX on Windows
    Cannot download games.. stuck on queued in Windows 10 Xbox app (beta): installed 2 games with no problems the first couple of days, since 3 or 4 days whenever i try and download something i get instatly stuck on queued even before download starts... is there anything...
  8. Cannot play games downloaded from the Windows 10 Xbox app (beta)

in XBoX on Windows
    Cannot play games downloaded from the Windows 10 Xbox app (beta): First i downloaded Bridge constructor portal which worked perfectly fine, but i then downloaded Metro exodus and did not get the same satisfaction. Unless i start the game in safe mode, it crashes...
  9. Can't download any games on the Windows 10 beta Xbox App

in XboX Insiders
    Can't download any games on the Windows 10 beta Xbox App: With every game i want to download i'm getting the same error message 0x8007177e. Is there a way to fix it? Or do i have to cancel my sub and be done with this bs? submitted by /u/FreakZone...
  10. Windows 10 Xbox (Beta) app, won't recognize my login

in XBoX on Windows
    Windows 10 Xbox (Beta) app, won't recognize my login: So I bought the game pass and want to login to the xbox app. When i open the app and get the login screen and enter my username and password, it enters the app, but I'm not logged in, and when I'm...