Windows 11 Fresh install dont want to download 500gb worth of games again

Discus and support Windows 11 Fresh install dont want to download 500gb worth of games again in XboX Insiders to solve the problem; Hello I have 2 gaming pcs that I’ve just upgraded and I plan to fresh install windows 11 on them both I’ve been putting this off for a few weeks now... Discussion in 'XboX Insiders' started by /u/Sem-XL, Jan 13, 2022.

1. /u/Sem-XL
    /u/Sem-XL Guest

Hello I have 2 gaming pcs that I’ve just upgraded and I plan to fresh install windows 11 on them both

I’ve been putting this off for a few weeks now because of this issue I have enrolled in the Xbox insider and I have tried enabling the new management features to see if I could copy the files to a usb drive then copy them back

Forza 5 and halo are what I care about right now when copying the game folders the main exe file and a dumptool file never seem to be copied no matter what i try taking ownership etc so those files are missing but 99% of everything else copies you think doing a verify and repair will just download the exe but it just starts downloading the whole game again

The main games I play are

Forza 3 and 4 + expansions I know these don’t support the management features so I need to redownload 160gb x2…

Forza 5 + Halo 150gb x2 I can view the files and copy all except the exes

Mechwarrior 5 + back for blood 60gb x2 same problem

etc etc

sad state of affairs tbh steam, origin even the much maligned epic launcher doesn’t have these issues

anyone have any other ideas

thanks for any help

submitted by /u/Sem-XL
    [link] [comments]

/u/Sem-XL, Jan 13, 2022
  2. j1mmers Win User

Xbox Series X Stream to PC

Just did a fresh install of Windows 11 again and the first thing I tried to do was stream. Connected fine to my Xbox but froze again within minutes.
  3. Obsessive Power Win User

Loading game library from HDD after fresh installation of Windows 10 (Xbox Game Pass PC)

Does anyone have a solution for that? I don't want to format my hard drive and/or download all games again... thanks in advance!
    HI,

I'm afraid downloading your games again is the only solution available. The Universal Windows Platforms (UWP) apps system - which also includes Xbox Game Pass for Windows - uses an form of encryption for security.

I'm not sure exactly how the encryption works in Windows 10 Apps, but my guess is it is unique based on how or when you last installed Windows. Which means of course that you can't just add the folder back after a fresh install of Windows like you can with
    services such Steam or EA's origin. After a fresh re-install, Windows will see any old Windows Apps folders as foreign (from another PC).
  4. Obsessive Power Win User

How to get windows store to recognize games I have already downloaded

Hi,

If you copy data to a drive then install Windows 10, any data on that drive will be removed. Also bear in mind that Windows 10 Store games can't be transferred between two Windows installs (even on the same PC) or two different PC's.

If you buy an additional drive and move your games over, the titles transferred will continue to work, unless you want to play them on a fresh Windows installation or an additional computer. If you do, you'll have to download them again.

Hope that makes sense.
  5. Farscape247 Win User

XBOX GAMES FOR PC LOST AFTER DOWNLOADING MICROSOFT 11

did you upgrade or did you do a fresh install, if a fresh install then as the windows games are placed in an encrypted folder this breaks as it is tied to the one install of windows, you would need to re download the games if that is the case.

if upgraded then they should still work ok and are located under the xbox app in the library.
  6. Obsessive Power Win User

Xbox App on PC can't detect installed games?

Every game launcher has the detect installed games feature. Why not in the Xbox app?
    Hi,

Windows 10 games and apps does it differently. The games are encrypted and this encryption is unique to the Windows install. If you install Windows fresh again (even on the same PC) the games will be locked. You will to need to delete the WindowsApps folder to reclaim the space and install the games again.
Thema:

1. Windows 11 Fresh install dont want to download 500gb worth of games again - Similar Threads - Windows Fresh install

2. Getting someone elses notifcations in windows 10 xbox

in XBoX Accessibility
    Getting someone elses notifcations in windows 10 xbox: Hello, I was signed into my girlfriends brothers account on my pc so he could play forza horizon 5 while I wasn't using my computer. i signed his account out completely from settings he doesn't...
  3. Windows 11 fresh install is unable to download gamepass games that require admin permissions

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Windows 11 fresh install is unable to download gamepass games that require admin permissions: I reinstalled windows 11 from an iso downloaded with their official tool and am now unable to download gamepass games that require admin permissions (error 0x00000001), i have tried every possible...
  4. Games wont reinstall on gamepass for pc after fresh install of windows

in XBoX on Windows
    Games wont reinstall on gamepass for pc after fresh install of windows: I reinstalled windows now every game I had previously played I cant reinstall with gamepass for pc. new games I havnt previously played are fine and download. and games I have bought I can...
  5. Cannot install games on HDD with fresh install of windows(picture included)

in XBoX on Windows
    Cannot install games on HDD with fresh install of windows(picture included): So i just reinstalled windows and downloaded xbox app to play gamepass games. Now it seems i cant install games to the drives i want them to be installed and also the program do not reconize...
  6. Xbox companion app not working after fresh windows install

in XBoX on Windows
    Xbox companion app not working after fresh windows install: Hi, so I just upgrade the motherboard, cpu and Ram in my pc and restored my back up of my previous save files to my pc when I try to use the companion app now all that seems to happen is ill join...
  7. Xbox (Beta) not showing games after fresh Windows 10 install, but they're still installed.

in XboX Insiders
    Xbox (Beta) not showing games after fresh Windows 10 install, but they're still installed.: Title says it all. Is there a way to locate the game files? I can't open my WindowsApps folder because I don't have permission, but I know my games are on my HDD because they're still taking up...
  8. Loading game library from HDD after fresh installation of Windows 10 (Xbox Game Pass PC)

in XBoX on Windows
    Loading game library from HDD after fresh installation of Windows 10 (Xbox Game Pass PC): Hey everyone, after reinstalling Win10 on my SSD, I am trying to import my entire library (over 700 GB) from my HDD to the Game Pass. On Steam (or any other launcher for that matter) there is a...
  9. How to assign game pass games location after Fresh Windows Install

in XBoX Games and Apps
    How to assign game pass games location after Fresh Windows Install: As the title suggests, I'm trying to find out how to tell the Microsoft xbox games pass for windows beta app that all my games and (I think?) saves are installed on my e:/ I like to keep my (Os)...
  10. Xbox Wireless adapter for windows doesn't work without fresh Restart.

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox Wireless adapter for windows doesn't work without fresh Restart.: So after fresh restart my controller will connect fine, after i turn controller off it will connect again but disconnect instantly until i restart PC. So basically any time i want this to work i...