Windows 7 Device Manager has Xbox 360 under "Other Devices" with yellow triangle

Discus and support Windows 7 Device Manager has Xbox 360 under "Other Devices" with yellow triangle in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; i need to know this too. Having the same issue. Upgraded my PC to windows 7 and now my xbox connects to the network with a yellow triangle and windows... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by zanabites, Sep 1, 2014.

1. zanabites
    zanabites Guest

Windows 7 Device Manager has Xbox 360 under "Other Devices" with yellow triangle

i need to know this too. Having the same issue. Upgraded my PC to windows 7 and now my xbox connects to the network with a yellow triangle and windows refuses to acknowledge the device because "no driver for this device" How can we get past this?

:)

zanabites, Sep 1, 2014
  2. zogg
    zogg Guest

On my Windows 7 PC, my Xbox 360 shows up in Device Manager under "Other Devices" with the yellow triangle. When I try to reinstall the driver, I get a "no driver found" error. How do I get the driver, or should I disable the Xbox entry?

zogg, Sep 1, 2014
  3. AOS Puck
    AOS Puck Guest
    Gamepad detection problem

When the controller stops being recognized, have you tried re-syncing the controller & receiver? Also, has this happened with the receiver and a different controller?

You can check the Device Manager (right-click My Computer --> Manage --> Device Manager) on your computer and see if there are any yellow triangles with exclamation points next to the USB ports. That would indicate a problem with either the port or the driver
    for the port. Have you had any other issues with other USB devices on that computer?

AOS Puck, Sep 1, 2014
  4. AOS Puck Win User

Gamepad detection problem

When the controller stops being recognized, have you tried re-syncing the controller & receiver? Also, has this happened with the receiver and a different controller?

You can check the Device Manager (right-click My Computer --> Manage --> Device Manager) on your computer and see if there are any yellow triangles with exclamation points next to the USB ports. That would indicate a problem with either the port or the driver
    for the port. Have you had any other issues with other USB devices on that computer?
  5. Bazajaytee Win User

Wired Xbox 360 Controller isn't being detected by PC on Windows 8

This question actually belongs in the PC section which you can access at the top of these forums or by clicking here -
    forums.xbox.com/.../280.aspx

However, check your USB Controller in Device Manager (SEARCH > System > Device Manager)

Make sure your Universal Serial Bus controllers doesn't have a warning triangle next to it, if it does it suggests it has an issue usually resolved with driver updates from your motherboard manufacturer.

Also try installing the Windows 7 drivers for the Xbox 360 controller (select Windows 7 32 or 64 bit based on your Windows 8 version) -

www.microsoft.com/.../xbox-360-controller-for-windows
    that might kick start your controller into working again.
  6. Martin Jenkinss Win User

After Windows update, Xbox 360 controller stopped working

HI Teddy, if your Windows version is 1803 or older, you can run the inbuilt troubleshooter for hardware and devices.

1. Press Windows + I - Click on Update and Security - Select the Troubleshoot option

2. Then tap on Hardware and Devices and Run the troubleshooter.

If it doesn’t help, uninstall the Xbox device controller from the device manager. This option doesn’t depend on your version and build.

1. Type in devmgmt.msc in the Windows search bar.

2. Search for Xbox 360 controller under Sound, video and game controllers or under other devices

3. Right click on the Controller and choose Uninstall device

4. Restart your PC.

You might want to refer the support article with steps on how to troubleshoot your Xbox 360 controller

https://support.xbox.com/en-US/xbox-on-windows/...
  7. LegendDolby1986 Win User

Problems using Xbox 360 wireless receiver

make sure the device drivers are installed on windows search bar click control panel and hardware then click device manager and see if there is any yellow "!" by any device and make sure your receiver is on the list hope this helps :)
  8. WillOrtiz_788 Win User

Wired Xbox 360 controller not working on PC

Having same issue with Xbox 360 wired controller with latest driver update 2.1 on windows 8 Lenovo Y410P

The controller worked fine for a few months and stopped all the sudden, when I plug it into a usb port two lights flash for a second and thats it

things I have tried:

1. uninstall/ re install

2. Go to Device Manager

Right click on the device with the yellow exclamation point on it(assuming device is plugged in) and choose update driver software. If Option is not there, click properties, got to diver tab, then update driver.

Click browse my computer for driver software

Click let me pick from a list...

Scroll down to Microsoft common controller for window class and choose it

Choose version 2.1.0

3. Download the drivers from
    www.microsoft.com/.../download.aspx

Choose Gaming > Xbox 360 Controller for Windows > Windows 7 64 bit > English. Don’t run the drivers. Save them to a folder. (Or Xbox 360 Wireless Controller for Windows depending on your controller)

Right click the Xbox360_64Eng file in the folder you downloaded to and click "create shortcut"

Right click the shortcut you created. Select properties.

On the compatibility tab in properties, click "Run this program in compatibility mode" Choose Windows Server 2008 Service Pack 1 as the compatibility mode. Apply setting and click ok.

Right Click on the shortcut and select "Run as administrator"

With your controller plugged in go to Device Manager. You should see Microsoft Common Controller for Windows Class. It located under Mice and other pointing if you do, you have arrived.

The controller does not appear in device manager, devices and printers, or with RUN: joy.cpl

I've scoured the internet and have only found the same suggested fixes (apparently this has been going on for a few years) hopefully someone has a new fix to this problem
Thema:

1. Windows 7 Device Manager has Xbox 360 under "Other Devices" with yellow triangle - Similar Threads - Windows Device Manager

2. xbox 360 Wireless Adapter device driver for windows 10

in XBoX on Windows
    xbox 360 Wireless Adapter device driver for windows 10: Not sure why the moderator closed my previous posting! It wasn't that old and was never resolved. It's obvious that I'm not the only one having issues. Can Microsoft provide drivers to download...
  3. xbox 360 Wireless Adapter device driver for windows 10

in XBoX on Windows
    xbox 360 Wireless Adapter device driver for windows 10: Hello; Can someone provide me with a link to download the device driver for my xbox 360 wireless adapter for windows 10? e2777318-07b0-49c8-a3f0-e5097861e064
  4. "The other devices is taking a long time to sync to the cloud" - XBox (BETA) for Windows 10

in XBoX on Windows
    "The other devices is taking a long time to sync to the cloud" - XBox (BETA) for Windows 10: Hi, I have an issue with the XBox app for Windows 10 while playing games. It keeps opening a window that looks like this: [img] Now, that is Italian but it sort of says: "The other devices is...
  5. Windows Store Cart Errors across all devices - Xbox startup Error 0x87af000b

in XBoX on Consoles
    Windows Store Cart Errors across all devices - Xbox startup Error 0x87af000b: Evening everyone! I recently have run into issues with my Windows Store, every time I go to the "cart" I get Something happened on our end. Waiting a bit might help. (I've waited 3 days now)...
  6. Xbox one S does not show up in devices to install to in microsoft store on windows 10 or ...

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox one S does not show up in devices to install to in microsoft store on windows 10 or ...: Hey, I've got a problem that's been irritating me for a while... I can not seem to remotely install xbox games from my windows 10 pc to my xbox one s. Whenver i click the button to install on my...
  7. Xbox One wifi adapter driver does not show up anywhere in device manager after windows update

in XBoX on Windows
    Xbox One wifi adapter driver does not show up anywhere in device manager after windows update: I have two windows computers: my desktop which has a year old install of windows and recently updated, and my laptop which have multiple windows updating problems so it usually gets updated much...
  8. To see all apps and games, your device needs to be running Windows 10 Anniversary Edition

in XBoX Games and Apps
    To see all apps and games, your device needs to be running Windows 10 Anniversary Edition: Recently I wanted to buy a game from the Microsoft store ("Sea of Thieves", to be precise). But when I visited the games store page the "purchase" button was greyed and it reads "To see all apps...
  9. Resident Evil 7 Will Not Install on Windows 10 - "Does not work on this device" Error

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Resident Evil 7 Will Not Install on Windows 10 - "Does not work on this device" Error: Hello. I purchased Resident Evil 7 on the Windows 10 store, reading that is was under Play Anywhere, which means I comes on both PC and Xbox. But in my library there is a notice that 'Resident...
  10. Sync - Windows 10 devices

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Sync - Windows 10 devices: I don't have all day and to be honest, these forums are an absolute JOKE, The windows 10 companion app on PC AND Win10 devices - phones, tablets. (NOT THE OLD SMARTGLASS APP) does not sync...