Windows cannot access the specified device Error while trying to open games

Discus and support Windows cannot access the specified device Error while trying to open games in XBoX Games and Apps to solve the problem; While i can download the games i have on the xbox app through xbox game pass, i cant open them. The full error i get is: Windows cannot access the... Discussion in 'XBoX Games and Apps' started by AfamBoi, Dec 1, 2021.

1. AfamBoi
    AfamBoi Guest

While i can download the games i have on the xbox app through xbox game pass, i cant open them.

The full error i get is: Windows cannot access the specified device, path or file. You may not have the appropriate permissions to access the item.

i already getting all the permissions in the WindowsApps folder which changes nothing and i cant find any further solutions.

:)

AfamBoi, Dec 1, 2021
  2. andersonpassos Win User

Thank you for contact us! I'm Anderson, an Independent Consultant and a Microsoft user like you.

good afternoon

It is possible that your profile does not have the necessary permissions, check if your account is an administrator account.

also check if your account is logged not only on the xbox app, but also on the microsoft store.

and finally if everything is correct, try this:

Microsoft has released an update to correct this issue. To install the update, follow these steps:

Select the Start button in the lower left corner of the main screen and select Settings.

Select Update and Security > Check for Updates.

Select View optional updates, then select update KB5004476 from the list.

KB5004476

Select Download and Install.

When the update is complete, restart the device.

You should now be able to install, update and launch games.

Are you still in trouble?

Create a notepad file with the following name:

"RepairGamingServices.ps1"

inside the file paste this text (if quotes):

"

Get-AppxPackage *gamingservices* -allusers | remove-appxpackage -allusers

Remove-Item -Path "HKLM:\System\CurrentControlSet\Services\GamingServices" -recurse

Remove-Item -Path "HKLM:\System\CurrentControlSet\Services\GamingServicesNet" -recurse

"

Then, to run, right-click on the file, and run as administrator. then restart windows. then you need to open the Xbox app from Windows 10 that will be warning you that you need to install an extra component for the app, accept and wait for the installation. After that, Microsoft guarantees that you will be able to reopen and download Xbox Game Pass games on Windows 10.
  3. Mythic Sandman Win User

Can't open games

4. Jesse E' Win User

Gamepass games not launching on device

Hello, My name is Jesse. I'm an Independent Advisor and a member of the Microsoft community and I'd love to assist you today.

Here's a guide showing how to troubleshoot the "windows cannot access the specific path or folder because you do not have the right permissions" error https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/topic/-wind...

Hope this helps
  5. Jesse E' Win User

Xbox Game Pass PC

Hello, My name is Jesse. I'm an Independent Advisor and a member of the Microsoft community and I'd love to assist you today.

Please try the troubleshooting suggested in this article to resolve the issue https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/topic/-wind...

Hope this helps
  6. Mister Parks Win User

xbox video not show purchased Movies or TV shows in My Video

Hey Bloodshare8,

Can you specify what the other device is that you are using the Xbox Video app on? I'm going to assume that it is a Windows 8 device for now.

When you open the Video app on the other device while signed in to the account that purchased it, open the Charms Bar (on the right side of screen with search, share, start, etc) , then open Settings>Preferences. There you should see a heading for Purchases
    with a "Restore" button. Push that button to refresh your purchase history on that device, and then try the content again.

Let us know if that helps. Thanks.
Thema:

1. Windows cannot access the specified device Error while trying to open games - Similar Threads - Windows cannot access

2. Cannot access my Minecraft Windows edition but have played since Beta.

in XBoX on Windows
    Cannot access my Minecraft Windows edition but have played since Beta.: This question is a two parter really. My first question is, I have been playing the game since 2010 (beta) on the same Mojang account. I recently migrated to Microsoft, but somehow lost the...
  3. Cannot Access/Change Xbox Windows 10 Online Safety Settings?

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Cannot Access/Change Xbox Windows 10 Online Safety Settings?: As the title, I cannot access the settings for Onine Safety If I go to the Privacy & Online safety page and try to access "Xbox Series X|S, Xbox One, and Windows 10 devices Online Safety" I get...
  4. Cannot delete or access Xbox games on pc after Windows 10 reinstall

in XBoX on Consoles
    Cannot delete or access Xbox games on pc after Windows 10 reinstall: I recently had to reinstall Windows 10 on my pc after a blue screen. I chose the reinstall option which keeps my files which included all of my games. I now do not have any of the Xbox games which...
  5. I cannot access my console through windows console companion app

in XBoX Games and Apps
    I cannot access my console through windows console companion app: I'm attempting to set up a streaming hobby, and without a capture card, I am required to use the console companion app to access my gameplay footage. I am in a dorm room, and I have set my devices...
  6. Cannot log in to the Insider Hub on windows 10, getting access is denied error. I have...

in XboX Insiders
    Cannot log in to the Insider Hub on windows 10, getting access is denied error. I have...: The newest version of Windows 10. It was working a few months ago for the Minecraft RTX beta. But it has suddenly stopped letting me past the "sign in" splash screen. Any help would be greatly...
  7. XBOX won't open on my PC "windows cannot access the specified path"

in XBoX Games and Apps
    XBOX won't open on my PC "windows cannot access the specified path": Hello, I've been having an issue with my PC recently where windows just will not open the XBOX app, this has been since I reset my PC a couple of months back. When I reset my PC I copied almost...
  8. Can't remember my Windows Live ID from 8!!! years ago, so cannot access my Fable 3 DLC

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Can't remember my Windows Live ID from 8!!! years ago, so cannot access my Fable 3 DLC: Is there any possible way to get my Fable 3 DLC keys and just put them on another account? Whatever ID I had 8 years ago, I can't remember. So I can't access my DLC. I can play Fable 3 perfectly...
  9. Cannot access any games on Xbox on Windows 10.

in XBoX Accessibility
    Cannot access any games on Xbox on Windows 10.: When I choose one of my games on Xbox for Windows 10, it connects with the game but before it can load, it disconnects and goes back to the Xbox my games page.. I have not been able to play any...
  10. Cannot Access to "My Xbox" and cannot add friends on Games For Windows Live

in XBoX on Consoles
    Cannot Access to "My Xbox" and cannot add friends on Games For Windows Live: Hello, I can't access to "My Xbox" rubric on xbox.com, I've got this error page: the live.xbox.com page doesn't work, live.xbox.com redirect you in too many time, try to delet cookies ( I've...