"Windows cannot access the specified device, path, or file. You may not have the...

Discus and support "Windows cannot access the specified device, path, or file. You may not have the... in XBoX Games and Apps to solve the problem; This is obviously a huge bummer, as I've paid for the gamepass to not even be able to use it on my PC. The only things that really have changed since... Discussion in 'XBoX Games and Apps' started by MorganH118, May 30, 2022.

1. MorganH118
    MorganH118 Guest

"Windows cannot access the specified device, path, or file. You may not have the...

This is obviously a huge bummer, as I've paid for the gamepass to not even be able to use it on my PC.

The only things that really have changed since I've had the pass have been an update to Windows 11.

Attempting to fix the problem myself just kinda leads to tech jargon rabbit holes, and I just want to play Sniper Elite 5. I'd rather not cancel the subscription if it's solvable.

Error code is : 0x87e00023

:)

MorganH118, May 30, 2022
  2. Sinpi79 Win User

Problem with Microsoft Store and Xbox app from PC

Only "Cannot access the specified device, path or file. It is likely that you do not have permissions necessary"
  3. Kathy A. Win User

FORZA HORIZON 5 Load failed error

4. JosefLBohorquez Win User

Problem with Microsoft Store and Xbox app from PC

Thanks for the feedback, on Zombie Army 4 is this the error that appears?

0x000004c7 or "Cannot access the specified device, path or file. It is likely that you do not have permissions necessary"?
  5. Mythic Sandman Win User

Can't open games

6. andersonpassos Win User

Windows cannot access the specified device Error while trying to open games

Thema:

1. "Windows cannot access the specified device, path, or file. You may not have the... - Similar Threads - Windows cannot access

2. Can't run any PC Game Pass games at all anymore (Windows cannot access the specified device...

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Can't run any PC Game Pass games at all anymore (Windows cannot access the specified device...: Can't run any PC Game Pass games at all anymore (Windows cannot access the specified device error) As of about 3 months ago, I am no longer able to run any games on PC Game Pass. I have an active...
  3. Can't run any PC Game Pass games at all anymore (Windows cannot access the specified device...

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Can't run any PC Game Pass games at all anymore (Windows cannot access the specified device...: Can't run any PC Game Pass games at all anymore (Windows cannot access the specified device error) As of about 3 months ago, I am no longer able to run any games on PC Game Pass. I have an active...
  4. Error Code - 0x87e00023 or windows cannot access the specified device path or file you may...

in XBoX on Windows
    Error Code - 0x87e00023 or windows cannot access the specified device path or file you may...: Hey I switch to Windows 11 not too long ago and I've gotten this terrible error when trying to launch games from the XBOX App on my PC. "windows cannot access the specified device path or file...
  5. Windows cannot access the specified device Error while trying to open games

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Windows cannot access the specified device Error while trying to open games: Looks like I'm having an issue like a previous thread, unresolved but the thread is locked for some reason. I'm having issues opening up all pc games downloaded from the xbox app: "Windows...
  6. Updated to Windows 11 (cannot access previously installed gamepass games)

in XBoX on Windows
    Updated to Windows 11 (cannot access previously installed gamepass games): Hello, Would be great if somebody could help with this. A short while ago I had a messy upgrade to Win 11. TLDR: - During the update I got a BSOD - Had to format C drive and fresh install...
  7. Can't run any PC Game Pass games at all anymore (Windows cannot access the specified device...

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Can't run any PC Game Pass games at all anymore (Windows cannot access the specified device...: As of about 3 months ago, I am no longer able to run any games on PC Game Pass. I have an active subscription. I have installed and reinstalled several games. I have uninstalled and reinstalled...
  8. Cannot access my Minecraft Windows edition but have played since Beta.

in XBoX on Windows
    Cannot access my Minecraft Windows edition but have played since Beta.: This question is a two parter really. My first question is, I have been playing the game since 2010 (beta) on the same Mojang account. I recently migrated to Microsoft, but somehow lost the...
  9. Windows cannot access the specified device Error while trying to open games

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Windows cannot access the specified device Error while trying to open games: While i can download the games i have on the xbox app through xbox game pass, i cant open them. The full error i get is: Windows cannot access the specified device, path or file. You may not...
  10. Cannot Access/Change Xbox Windows 10 Online Safety Settings?

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Cannot Access/Change Xbox Windows 10 Online Safety Settings?: As the title, I cannot access the settings for Onine Safety If I go to the Privacy & Online safety page and try to access "Xbox Series X|S, Xbox One, and Windows 10 devices Online Safety" I get...