Windows Defender detected a Trojan while instaling Forza Horizon 5 from Xbox App

Discus and support Windows Defender detected a Trojan while instaling Forza Horizon 5 from Xbox App in XBoX on Windows to solve the problem; [img] What should I do? 121a89b6-b5a7-49cf-a75f-a3f3fd6525b0 Discussion in 'XBoX on Windows' started by TezUshi, Sep 20, 2022.

1. TezUshi
    TezUshi Guest

Windows Defender detected a Trojan while instaling Forza Horizon 5 from Xbox App

Windows Defender detected a Trojan while instaling Forza Horizon 5 from Xbox App [​IMG]

What should I do?

:)

TezUshi, Sep 20, 2022
  2. JosefLBohorquez Win User

Hi and thanks for reaching Microsoft Xbox gamer's community. My name is Josef.
    I'm an Independent Advisor and a Microsoft Xbox user like you.

Hope you're doing great today despite this Tezushi

Exists the possibility that you already have a Virus in your PC and it tried to gain administrator privileges via Xbox app

Because all games and apps available on the Microsoft store are scanned to avoid malware and virus
    Try doing an offline scan for your device using Windows defender
    https://support.microsoft.com/windows/help-prot...
  3. DAMIANMYRDA Win User

Forza Horizon 5 Opening Gaming Services in the Microsoft Store

No. When you go to the Forza Horizon 5 page. It says "Install from Xbox App"
  4. DominicVollmer Win User

FH5 crashes on launch with the error code 0x800701b1

here the same, Fehlercode: (0x800701b1)

steps if tried,

reinstall xbox app,

reinstall forza horizon 5 completely

install all windows update

game still is not working.
  5. lvnleysoul69 Win User

Forza Horizon 5 gets stuck on preparing and then cancles - Windows 11

This is what helped me and got Forza to download.
    1. Go into the Microsoft Store and search Forza Horizon 5 Standard Edition.
    2. Next you want to click on Forza Horizon 5 Standard Edition and you want to click Install from the Xbox app.
    3. This will take you to the Xbox app and when it takes you to the Forza game scroll down and look at the tab named "Included in this bundle" And click Forza Horizon 5.
    4. This should take you to the regular Forza Horizon 5 game rather than the Standard Edition, And then you want to click install and this should download the game.

Hope this helps have a good day!
  6. xKomemamis. Win User

FH5 wont even start downloading on Xbox Game center on PC

If the last suggestions didn't help from Jesse here is mine that helped me.
    This is what helped me and got Forza to download.
    1. Go into the Microsoft Store and search Forza Horizon 5 Standard Edition.
    2. Next you want to click on Forza Horizon 5 Standard Edition and you want to click Install from the Xbox app.
    3. This will take you to the Xbox app and when it takes you to the Forza game scroll down and look at the tab named "Included in this bundle" And click Forza Horizon 5.
    4. This should take you to the regular Forza Horizon 5 game rather than the Standard Edition, And then you want to click install and this should download the game.
Thema:

1. Windows Defender detected a Trojan while instaling Forza Horizon 5 from Xbox App - Similar Threads - Windows Defender detected

2. Gaming computer with windows 11 pre-installed.

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Gaming computer with windows 11 pre-installed.: I bought a new computer (gaming computer) to use with my Oculus Quest 2. The computer came with windows 11. Apparently, windows 11 is not good for gaming and not compatible with Oculus. Oculus...
  3. Creating a guest account using the xbox app for Windows 10

in XBoX Accessibility
    Creating a guest account using the xbox app for Windows 10: I'm having trouble creating a guest account using the Xbox app for Windows 10. When I attempt to add a guest account by clicking on my account I'm only given the option to sign out, Instead of...
  4. Windows 10 XBOX App Sign-in Button Not Working

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Windows 10 XBOX App Sign-in Button Not Working: Hello, the sign in button on my XBOX app on my windows 10 laptop is not working. When I open the app, it briefly shows me as signed in to my account, and then signs me out. Attempting to click...
  5. Voice quality becomes undiscernible during party chat on XBox companion app on Windows 11

in XBoX Rewards & Social
    Voice quality becomes undiscernible during party chat on XBox companion app on Windows 11: Using the Xbox companion app on Windows 11, my voice quality in party chat becomes garbled. I tried three different headsets (wired and wireless) and I experienced the issue with all three of...
  6. XBOX app on Windows 11 Home PC issues

in XBoX Games and Apps
    XBOX app on Windows 11 Home PC issues: Has anyone else ran into the games not wanting to play on the XBOX app for PC? I have tried all the troubleshooting I can find: run all app updates, checking and installing windows updates,...
  7. Windows Defender blocking my save files

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Windows Defender blocking my save files: Hi, hoping someone can help me. Previously when Windows has blocked saved files from being created it has been easy to click the pop-up and permit access to the folder in Windows Security....
  8. Windows Defender no Xbox One

in XBoX on Consoles
    Windows Defender no Xbox One: Acessei um site com ameaça de vírus pelo meu console Xbox One, se abriram paginas aleatórias com conteúdos desconhecidos, tipico comportamento de quando se entra em um site não seguro, alguém pode...
  9. Why does Xbox on Windows 10 Party Chat REQUIRE Windows Firewall ON and Windows Defender OFF?

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Why does Xbox on Windows 10 Party Chat REQUIRE Windows Firewall ON and Windows Defender OFF?: So this is a common issue. Error code 0x807d0106 occurs if: 1) Windows Firewall is DISABLED. *AND* 2) Windows Defender is ENABLED. Windows Firewall is a bit deplorable and I hate having it...
  10. Windows Defender error code 0X800704EC Solution

in XBoX on Consoles
    Windows Defender error code 0X800704EC Solution: Sometimes while using Windows Defender to the system an error code 0X800704EC occurs. It mainly occurs due to corrupt or broken Registry files. It may stop during the scan or refuse the scan...