Windows Game Bar Starts Muted and doesn't Record; by default, it is always muted unless I...

Discus and support Windows Game Bar Starts Muted and doesn't Record; by default, it is always muted unless I... in XBoX on Windows to solve the problem; Many times I forget to unmute at start-up of recording; the result is that I have to squander my recording. For more details check out this thread on... Discussion in 'XBoX on Windows' started by Rahul Ludhani, Jul 31, 2020.

1. Windows Game Bar Starts Muted and doesn't Record; by default, it is always muted unless I...

Many times I forget to unmute at start-up of recording; the result is that I have to squander my recording.

For more details check out this thread on Reddit -

https://www.reddit.com/r/xboxinsiders/comments/dly0qh/xbox_game_bar_bug_microphone_is_always_muted/

:)

Rahul Ludhani, Jul 31, 2020
  2. MasterMc1 Win User

Windows Game Bar Starts Muted and Doesn't Record All Computer Sounds

Click on sound and remain in the playback tab click on speaker and open its properties by clicking below. Navigate to the levels tab and turn off the muted button it's active and use the slider to turn on the microphone to at least 75.
  3. schnurren Win User

4. SwissxPiplup Win User

Hi there,

Thank you for responding, and I'm sorry for the late reply. I'm not quite following your instructions as there's no starting point, where would I find sound? Would I go to settings first? Or can I find it through the game bar overlay?
    [​IMG]
  5. SwissxPiplup Win User

Hello there Schnurren,

That appears to be the root cause of my problem, but my actual problem is their solution.

I understand that Xbox Game Bar isn't recording all audio with the setting checked, and that it isn't unmuting my microphone by default with that setting checked too, but I'm trying to avoid the monotonous workaround of unmuting it myself when I start recording.

I find accepting a workaround is accepting failure on one's ability to find a solution or to achieve a fix; I believe a bug should not exist in a piece of software for as long as this one has (over a year according to that thread you linked), I understand
    that issues could be caused by something on the users client but the more people that have this problem, the less likely that is to be the case.

I absolutely love Xbox Game Bar, I love how accessible it is, I love how easy it is to use, and I love the link it has with my Xbox Live account; when Halo: Reach released on Steam, it gave me a reason to start using the Xbox Companion app, which I actually
    downloaded on my phone too because I didn't want to keep minimising my game to use it.

But with no solutions to look back on, and no patch in sight, it might be time to find new software to record with.

I'd like to keep an eye out for any other solutions people may reply with though, I'll probably shift back if one of them works.

I very much appreciate your help though, thank you very much.
  6. MerceNineRY Win User

Getting shot in the back a lot. Help?

muting all the mics would help as this would make you paranoid when ever you hear footsteps, i always mute all the mics by default
Thema:

Windows Game Bar Starts Muted and doesn't Record; by default, it is always muted unless I...

1. Windows Game Bar Starts Muted and doesn't Record; by default, it is always muted unless I... - Similar Threads - Windows Game Bar

2. X Box Game Bar for Windows

in XBoX on Windows
    X Box Game Bar for Windows: I am having trouble opening the xbox game overlay with the keyboard shortcuts. (they have never worked for any game). After the latest windows feature update, I cannot open the overlay with my...
  3. Windows 10 Xbox Game Bar - “Looking for group”

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Windows 10 Xbox Game Bar - “Looking for group”: Hi there! having an issue with Xbox Game Bar, using to join other groups in Sea of thieves, actually to join theres no problem, but if i would create a group, the gamebar itself like crashed and...
  4. Xbox Game Bar on Windows 10

in XBoX on Windows
    Xbox Game Bar on Windows 10: Hello, Me and my friends have been playing a game for a while now, and we use discord to communicate with Voice Chat, and I record with the Xbox Game Bar. When I go to re-watch my recording, I...
  5. window 10 Xbox game bar 无法录制视频

in XBoX Games and Apps
    window 10 Xbox game bar 无法录制视频: 已经在设置里打开游戏内录制了,一直是这句话:”后台录制出现问题,请稍后再试。“没有办法录制,按win+alt+G没有反应。 [img] bcae18dd-d3ca-4543-859b-09416a5f19e8
  6. Can't connect to Xbox Party through Game Bar on Windows 10... anyone else?

in XBoX on Windows
    Can't connect to Xbox Party through Game Bar on Windows 10... anyone else?: Hi! I hope someone else might have some experience with this issue... I have a desktop and a laptop on windows 10. With the desktop I can log onto xbox parties no problem. With my laptop I can...
  7. Unlink twitter account on game bar for windows 10?

in XboX Insiders
    Unlink twitter account on game bar for windows 10?: Hey guys, does anyone know how does one unlink his twitter account from the game bar app on Windows 10? I've accidentally linked one on mine a while ago and I'm not sure how to revert it back to...
  8. Windows Game Bar - Push to Talk keybind

in XBoX on Windows
    Windows Game Bar - Push to Talk keybind: Is it possible to clear the existing keybind for PTT in the Game Bar? Everything I do simply adds more keys to the existing bind. f3a117e2-1f6e-4a77-b182-9fc94272db0a
  9. Windows Game Bar incorpartivel com Intel HD 620?[Embedded Windows Game Bar with Intel HD 620?]

in XBoX on Windows
    Windows Game Bar incorpartivel com Intel HD 620?[Embedded Windows Game Bar with Intel HD 620?]: O Windows game bar não mostra o uso da Intel HD,sempre fica 0%,não sei se e normal ou não,mas o uso da cpu,ram,fps esta normal o único que não funciona e o uso da gpu ou igpu,e possível resolver...
  10. Can Not Get Party Chat to Work on Windows 10 or The xbox game bar

in XBoX on Windows
    Can Not Get Party Chat to Work on Windows 10 or The xbox game bar: So i have been dealing with this ever since i BUilt my pc and frankly im sick and tired of trouble shooting. i cannot get party caht to work at all in the xbox game bar and when i start a party...