Windows Game Bar Starts Muted and doesn't Record; by default, it is always muted unless I...

Discus and support Windows Game Bar Starts Muted and doesn't Record; by default, it is always muted unless I... in XBoX on Windows to solve the problem; Many times I forget to unmute at start-up of recording; the result is that I have to squander my recording. For more details check out this thread on... Discussion in 'XBoX on Windows' started by Rahul Ludhani, Jul 31, 2020.

1. Windows Game Bar Starts Muted and doesn't Record; by default, it is always muted unless I...

Many times I forget to unmute at start-up of recording; the result is that I have to squander my recording.

For more details check out this thread on Reddit -

https://www.reddit.com/r/xboxinsiders/comments/dly0qh/xbox_game_bar_bug_microphone_is_always_muted/

:)

Rahul Ludhani, Jul 31, 2020
  2. MasterMc1 Win User

Windows Game Bar Starts Muted and Doesn't Record All Computer Sounds

Click on sound and remain in the playback tab click on speaker and open its properties by clicking below. Navigate to the levels tab and turn off the muted button it's active and use the slider to turn on the microphone to at least 75.
  3. schnurren Win User

4. SwissxPiplup Win User

Hi there,

Thank you for responding, and I'm sorry for the late reply. I'm not quite following your instructions as there's no starting point, where would I find sound? Would I go to settings first? Or can I find it through the game bar overlay?
    [​IMG]
  5. SwissxPiplup Win User

Hello there Schnurren,

That appears to be the root cause of my problem, but my actual problem is their solution.

I understand that Xbox Game Bar isn't recording all audio with the setting checked, and that it isn't unmuting my microphone by default with that setting checked too, but I'm trying to avoid the monotonous workaround of unmuting it myself when I start recording.

I find accepting a workaround is accepting failure on one's ability to find a solution or to achieve a fix; I believe a bug should not exist in a piece of software for as long as this one has (over a year according to that thread you linked), I understand
    that issues could be caused by something on the users client but the more people that have this problem, the less likely that is to be the case.

I absolutely love Xbox Game Bar, I love how accessible it is, I love how easy it is to use, and I love the link it has with my Xbox Live account; when Halo: Reach released on Steam, it gave me a reason to start using the Xbox Companion app, which I actually
    downloaded on my phone too because I didn't want to keep minimising my game to use it.

But with no solutions to look back on, and no patch in sight, it might be time to find new software to record with.

I'd like to keep an eye out for any other solutions people may reply with though, I'll probably shift back if one of them works.

I very much appreciate your help though, thank you very much.
  6. MerceNineRY Win User

Getting shot in the back a lot. Help?

muting all the mics would help as this would make you paranoid when ever you hear footsteps, i always mute all the mics by default
Thema:

Windows Game Bar Starts Muted and doesn't Record; by default, it is always muted unless I...

1. Windows Game Bar Starts Muted and doesn't Record; by default, it is always muted unless I... - Similar Threads - Windows Game Bar

2. Question regarding pinned widgets with Xbox Game Bar on Windows 10

in XboX Insiders
    Question regarding pinned widgets with Xbox Game Bar on Windows 10: I really want to make use of this feature, especially being able to pin the performance widget so that it always displays my fps. However, whenever I have any widget pinned I drop ~20-40 fps....
  3. Windows Game Bar detects when I'm speaking on my microphone, but doesn't transmit my voice.

in XBoX on Windows
    Windows Game Bar detects when I'm speaking on my microphone, but doesn't transmit my voice.: My microphone used to work, but then I couldn't hear others. After changing my inputs and outputs in the settings, I can hear others but cannot be heard. My icon goes white whenever I speak, but...
  4. How do I turn off background recording for SPECIFIC apps/games in Windows 10 Xbox Game bar?

in XBoX on Windows
    How do I turn off background recording for SPECIFIC apps/games in Windows 10 Xbox Game bar?: I use the "Record That"/"Record Last 30 Seconds" feature in the Xbox Game Bar for specific games. However, I accidentally enabled it to background-record in Chrome, which I do not want to spare...
  5. Both XBOX botton and "A" botton can open Xbox game bar on windows 10

in XBoX on Windows
    Both XBOX botton and "A" botton can open Xbox game bar on windows 10: Hey I bought an XBOX Elite series 2 controller and both "XBOX" and "A" bottons on the controller can open XBOX game bar. I only want XBOX botton can active that. Are there any solutions? Many...
  6. Xbox Live Party Chat (Game Bar) Windows 10 Pro Not connecting!

in XBoX on Windows
    Xbox Live Party Chat (Game Bar) Windows 10 Pro Not connecting!: As the title says..... I've opened all XBL ports on my router and have an OPEN NAT. I run XBL services in windows settings and everything comes back great! But when I try to join or open a party...
  7. Windows 10 Game Bar does not recognise my Elite Controller (Windows detects it and games...

in XBoX on Windows
    Windows 10 Game Bar does not recognise my Elite Controller (Windows detects it and games...: This is infuriating. Something is wonky with the Game Bar; usually on a fresh restart I can press the guide button on my Elite Controller 2 and the game bar opens just as its supposed to. After...
  8. Xbox Elite controller game bar windows 10

in XBoX on Windows
    Xbox Elite controller game bar windows 10: Hi By default in the xbox game bar settings on windows 10 i have my game bar button set to the centre button however when i have my controller connected via bluetooth pressing the A button also...
  9. Minecraft Windows 10: I can't move in the game when I open the chat or XBox game bar

in XBoX on Windows
    Minecraft Windows 10: I can't move in the game when I open the chat or XBox game bar: When I open the chat and type anything there's a loading next to my mouse and after entering my Message i can't close the chat using Back button I can only close the chat using Alt + tab and after...
  10. X Box Game Bar for Windows

in XBoX on Windows
    X Box Game Bar for Windows: I am having trouble opening the xbox game overlay with the keyboard shortcuts. (they have never worked for any game). After the latest windows feature update, I cannot open the overlay with my...