Windows Microsoft Store Save Data

Discus and support Windows Microsoft Store Save Data in XBoX on Windows to solve the problem; If I un-install a game I downloaded from the Windows 10 Microsoft Store with GamePass (No Man's Sky), will I loose my save data... Discussion in 'XBoX on Windows' started by JakeLarson1, Oct 29, 2020.

1. JakeLarson1
    JakeLarson1 Guest

If I un-install a game I downloaded from the Windows 10 Microsoft Store with GamePass (No Man's Sky), will I loose my save data

:)

JakeLarson1, Oct 29, 2020
  2. StuartATrueRed Win User

No, you won't lose your save data. Your saves should be stored in the cloud, so the next time you play it, you can continue where you left off.
  3. Micro666 Win User

Forza Horizon 3 Disappeared from library

I'm not resetting my entire PC for this. I shouldn't have to. My install was a clean install of Windows 10 updated to the anniversary update. I', a developer and have literally hundreds of programs installed, and also over 114 Windows Store apps (both 8.1
    and 10 apps).

It would take me many days to re-install all of my many applications, and get my PC configured to be "just right" again.

Also another reason for not wanting to reset my PC is that Windows Store apps are crap at backing up data. My family and I have a number of Windows Store games, that when the PC is reset will lost the game save data, as the game save data is stored within
    the apps install dir.

No way I'm resetting.... Come on Microsoft, get it fixed
  4. MiszBauer Win User

Yakuza 0 Gamepass Saves

As for my knowledge at this point, microsoft somehow encrypts saves files in Windows Store games. I found some information how to transfer this files for another games but for Yakuza 0 it did not work. Also transfering data files in not possible.
  5. LuckyKous Win User

Ori The Will of the Wisps - Backup files location

6. mrSalty101 Win User

Shadow of War save data gone

I contacted support from WBGames and in the reply got "We recommend reaching out to Microsoft as you are playing the Windows Store version of Shadow of War to see if you are able to access any saved data that could be stored in the cloud. "

Though cloud saves are listed under the games capabilities, I can't find any options to manually use it or turn it on through the game or the Xbox beta app. Am I just looking in the wrong place or is there not actually cloud saves for it?
Thema:

1. Windows Microsoft Store Save Data - Similar Threads - Windows Microsoft Store

2. Microsoft Flight Simulator won't install from Windows Store

in XBoX on Windows
    Microsoft Flight Simulator won't install from Windows Store: I've been trying to install Flight Simulator Standard edition from the Windows Store for PC. I have Game Pass, but every time I attempt to install it I immediately get an error indicating that...
  3. Launching No Man's Sky redirects me to the microsoft store after windows 10 update

in XBoX on Windows
    Launching No Man's Sky redirects me to the microsoft store after windows 10 update: So i recently tried to launch NMS on my pc, but it immediatly redirects me to the microsoft store, where it asks me to download "Gaming Services." I downloaded Gaming Services, but yet it still...
  4. When I try joining the Windows 10 Minecraft beta it sends me to the Microsoft store even...

in XboX Insiders
    When I try joining the Windows 10 Minecraft beta it sends me to the Microsoft store even...: Basically as the title says. I bought the game through the Minecraft website. I have the Java edition. Do I need the version bought through the Microsoft store to be able to take part in the ray...
  5. Microsoft Flight Simulator 2020 not downloading correctly from Windows Store with Game Pass

in XBoX on Windows
    Microsoft Flight Simulator 2020 not downloading correctly from Windows Store with Game Pass: My game pass is active, the download starts asking if I got 120gb available (I got 170gb), so it starts downloading extremely fast and when it reaches around 900mb it says that the download is...
  6. Fix the issue between windows 10 store bought Minecraft and microsoft . com bought minecraft

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Fix the issue between windows 10 store bought Minecraft and microsoft . com bought minecraft: If you buy it off the windows 10 store, you'll be able to cross play. If you do the the option which probably 70% of people do, aka buy from the actual site then you can't do anything....
  7. MS Store 購買遊戲 無法安裝(似乎沒有任何適合裝置連接到MICROSOFT帳戶) WINDOWS已更新最新版本 MICROSOFT帳戶以連結目前電腦

in XBoX Games and Apps
    MS Store 購買遊戲 無法安裝(似乎沒有任何適合裝置連接到MICROSOFT帳戶) WINDOWS已更新最新版本 MICROSOFT帳戶以連結目前電腦: MS Store 購買遊戲 無法安裝(似乎沒有任何適合裝置連接到MICROSOFT帳戶) WINDOWS已更新最新版本 MICROSOFT帳戶以連結目前電腦 2e7e6745-bdd0-4e6c-b6aa-5771675b8e36
  8. Windows 2004 made XBox 360 controller not work witch Microsoft Store games

in XBoX on Windows
    Windows 2004 made XBox 360 controller not work witch Microsoft Store games: Updated both of my PCs to Windows 2004. First, it broke the drivers bricking my XBox 360 controller and wireless receiver. After some work they are both working again, with all my games (Steam,...
  9. Microsoft Store Minecraft Windows 10 İade

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Microsoft Store Minecraft Windows 10 İade: Merhabalar. Microsoft Store'den Minecraft Windows 10 paketini almış bulunmaktayım. Ama bu benim istediğim sürüm değil ve bilgisayarımda stabil olarak çalışmıyor. Hatta oyun sürekli hata verip...
  10. Microsoft Store / Minecraft Windows 10 Edition[Microsoft Store / Minecraft Windows 10 Edition]

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Microsoft Store / Minecraft Windows 10 Edition[Microsoft Store / Minecraft Windows 10 Edition]: Ich habe vor ca. einem Jahr den Minecraft: Windows 10 Edition Code bei meinem Account eingelöst und dann damit gespielt und mein Konto bei der XBOX App angemeldet. Danach habe ich diese Edition...