Windows on my old laptop died, do I need to repurchase Minecraft Bedrock edition on my new...

Discus and support Windows on my old laptop died, do I need to repurchase Minecraft Bedrock edition on my new... in XBoX on Windows to solve the problem; Windows died and won't boot on my 4 year old laptop, I had a copy of Minecraft Bedrock on it. Since I cannot get windows to boot anymore I bought... Discussion in 'XBoX on Windows' started by ZzzzzzzzzzzzlogXX, May 9, 2021.

1. Windows on my old laptop died, do I need to repurchase Minecraft Bedrock edition on my new...

Windows died and won't boot on my 4 year old laptop, I had a copy of Minecraft Bedrock on it. Since I cannot get windows to boot anymore I bought another laptop. Do I have to pay for Minecraft bedrock edition again? If you would just give us physical media this wouldn't be an issue (like in the ole days, if your commuter died, you still had the installation media, now it seams you have to purchase another copy of the game. If that is the case I may just stay on JAVA version).

:)

ZzzzzzzzzzzzlogXX, May 9, 2021
  2. Commander Arez Win User

Minecraft:Bedrock

I know that but Bedrock edition is suppose to be free to those that own another edition as its the new standard minecraft. But when i try to get it on my PC it says i need to buy bedrock edition even though i have it on Xbox

That and my skin packs arent working on bedrock which is a whole other anger point
  3. Raven Innocence Win User

Free redeem code for Minecraft windows 10 edition

I'm sorry that I wasn't clear. I'm in the same situation as the original poster. I purchased Minecraft back in 2013, so I own what is now called the Java Edition. I recently got a new laptop that is Windows 10; while I had many reservations about Windows
    10, the one thing I was looking forward to was being able to finally get the Windows 10 version of Minecraft, Bedrock, so that I could play cross platform with my younger brother, who plays on Xbox. Now, however, I can find no option to redeem my free copy
    of Minecraft Bedrock, despite have paid for Minecraft once already years ago.
  4. SoRoSparrow Win User

Minecraft not working after migration.

Hey there!

Just want to throw some information at you.

So, there are 2 different types of Minecraft. You have the following:

Java edition

In the Java edition of Minecraft, you have to load up the launcher then prompt you with a login, you're also able to make custom servers with also a new folder and following their server creation guides. In the Java edition, you're able to do so much more than Bedrock Minecraft. Unfortunately, Java edition is not able to join windows Bedrock nor Xbox Minecraft edition / Mobile Minecraft Edition. You will need a Mojang account. This does not need a Microsoft account.

Bedrock Edition

In Bedrock Edition, you're able to get this on the Store or the Microsoft Minecraft.

With this, you're not able to make a custom server, though you're able to make a normal multiplayer world. In this multiplayer world, you're able to join Xbox edition of Minecraft and the Mobile version of Minecraft.

You do not need a Mojang account to register, you'll need a Microsoft account.

-------

I do not think you're able to transfer the 2 games, as they're both different. "Java / Bedrock."
    I hope this helps you.

Sparrow
  5. Foolish_Fink Win User

Signing into a Microsoft account on PS4 Minecraft

Is legacy edition another Minecraft?? Would i have to buy it? Bedrock edition is the original minecraft? Need more details friend. My first time doing this whole cross play thing.
  6. XBF Eladio M Win User

Can someone please answer a Minecraft Realms question?

Hey Mr P

Thank you for taking the time to reply to this thread.

Bedrock is the version that is on consoles and mobile devices. So, yes, if you updated your console version you have the Bedrock version that is simple titled "Minecraft". Minecraft Windows 10 Edition is the only exception to this. Minecraft Windows
    10 Edition also uses the Bedrock engine. If you have something such as "Minecraft Xbox One Edition", this is not the up-to-date version.

On PC [Bedrock and Java] you do not need to have a Xbox Live Gold subscription to play online.

I hope this was able to clear up any confusion or turmoil this might have caused.
Thema:

Windows on my old laptop died, do I need to repurchase Minecraft Bedrock edition on my new...

1. Windows on my old laptop died, do I need to repurchase Minecraft Bedrock edition on my new... - Similar Threads - Windows old laptop

2. Microsoft Ultimate Word Games - on Windows 10 - trying to restore my progress from old hard...

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Microsoft Ultimate Word Games - on Windows 10 - trying to restore my progress from old hard...: I just upgraded my desktop computer. I have access to my old hard drive; however, I have had a premium subscription to Microsoft Ultimate Word Games for a few years now, and I'd like to restore my...
  3. I have an old hand me down game disc that uses Games for Windows LIVE DRM. I don't have the...

in XBoX on Windows
    I have an old hand me down game disc that uses Games for Windows LIVE DRM. I don't have the...: Hi! I have this old game in the disc collection my older brother gave me called "Crysis Wars" and it's under the Games for Windows LIVE DRM. I don't have the product key, how can I play this game...
  4. Anyone know where to find old Elite 2 drivers (attempting to fix Windows 10 BT issue)?

in XboX Insiders
    Anyone know where to find old Elite 2 drivers (attempting to fix Windows 10 BT issue)?: There's an infamous BT issue with the series 2 controllers that for my hours of troubleshooting I have narrowed down to the driver (which is confirmed in Devices & Printers). I believe rolling the...
  5. windows 10 halo wars 2 old issue "crashing on start up" still presists...

in XBoX Games and Apps
    windows 10 halo wars 2 old issue "crashing on start up" still presists...: https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/xbox/forum/all/windows-10-halo-wars-2-crashing/50398065-6c14-4a85-8c03-9488a593196c...
  6. Merge old xbox account into current windows account

in XBoX on Windows
    Merge old xbox account into current windows account: Hey, So I have an old microsoft account that's using a yahoo email that really only has my gamertag associated with it, and I want to move/merge that gamertag into my active/in-use microsoft...
  7. Out of free minecraft windows 10 codes for old players?

in XBoX on Windows
    Out of free minecraft windows 10 codes for old players?: Trying to claim my free Minecraft windows 10 code on my minecraft java account bought back in 2012 and I just get this "Error! It looks like we've temporarily run out of gift codes for Minecraft...
  8. my windows xbox will only open under my old windstream account, how do I get it to reconize...

in XBoX on Consoles
    my windows xbox will only open under my old windstream account, how do I get it to reconize...: how di I get my windows xbox to open with my Mediacom setting? 97ca3fdd-2584-4dc9-8152-698c923c2b18
  9. How to add my old xbox 360 gamertag account to my current windows 10 account

in XBoX on Windows
    How to add my old xbox 360 gamertag account to my current windows 10 account: I'm trying to add my old Xbox 360 account to my windows 10 account to play games on PC, they are on 2 separate emails, I've tried adding the email as an alias but my 360 profile doesn't show up...
  10. Minecraft Windows 10 Edition crashes whenever I try to sync an old world

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Minecraft Windows 10 Edition crashes whenever I try to sync an old world: So I'm trying to import an old world and everytime I try the game crashes at 40%. I have the world imported on the xbox one edition, but no matter what I try, it will not convert to windows 10...