Windows Sonic / Dolby Atmos for headphones: proper in-game settings

Discus and support Windows Sonic / Dolby Atmos for headphones: proper in-game settings in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; I've looked far and wide and can not find a definitive answer: I'm using a regular stereo headset (no processing) connected to an Xbox Controller. I... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by The Urban Yeti, Mar 11, 2019.

1. Windows Sonic / Dolby Atmos for headphones: proper in-game settings

I've looked far and wide and can not find a definitive answer:

I'm using a regular stereo headset (no processing) connected to an Xbox Controller. I also have Windows Sonic selected in the settings.

For games that have their own audio settings and let you choose between '7.1' and 'Headphone', which should be chosen? Because at that point I'm indeed using headphones, but also have a processor working to down mix 7.1 into spatial stereo.

I've seen people swear for both sides, and I'm aware that I can just choose what sounds best to me, but just wanted to know which would provide something more true to how the devs intended.

:)

The Urban Yeti, Mar 11, 2019
  2. Arminator Win User

Can't Hear Game Audio or menu sounds through headset

Is your console enrolled in the Insider Preview Program?

When you go to the settings under Display&Sound, do you have the console set up to also play game sound through the headphones? If so, do you use any spatial surround modes like Windows Sonic or Dolby Atmos for headphones?

If you set it to Dolby Atmos for Headphones, did you actually purchase Dolby Atmos for headphones? If not, you could only try Dolby Atmos for headphones for two weeks. So check the settings if the headphones work with Stereo or Windows Sonic.
  3. Spliff Second Win User

HEY SOMEONE EXPLAIN THE NEW SETTINGS FOR XBOX AUDIO (READ MORE)

Thank you Maka i appreciate the honesy. PS: Windows Sonic for headphones setting is compared to Dolby Atmos.
  4. Arminator Win User

Using earphones on a wireless remote

Check that you have fresh batteries in the controller, as the controller turns off some features when the batteries get low to conserve battery power like rumble and headphone sound.

Also, can you go to the Settings under Display & Sound and check the settings there. If you have set the headset audio to "Dolby Atmos for Headphones", be aware that you need to have PURCHASED the Dolby Atmos for Headphones app.

If you simply downloaded the Dolby Atmos app for free, you only get a 14 day trial of Dolby Atmos for Headphones. After 14 days, Dolby Atmos for Headphones stops working.

You can switch to "Windows Sonic for Headphones" to get the same spatial surround sound effect "for free".
  5. ArminatorX Win User

Game audio not working

Open the Guide by pressing the Xbox button.

Go to settings.

Then go to the Display & Audio settings.

Under the audio settings, check which audio format you use for your headphones.

If you set it to "Dolby Atmos", you need to have PURCHASED the Dolby Atmos for Headphones app. If you only got the free Dolby Atmos app, this will only give you 14 days of Dolby Atmos to test it out, and then stops working.

Try to change your audio format to Stereo or Windows Sonic (which is also a spatial 3D sound Format like Dolby Atmos).

Does that work now?
  6. ArminatorX Win User

Audio Issue regarding Razer headsets

Can you try plugging the Razer into a "normal" audio device like a MP3 player or your smartphone and play music through the headset?

Does that work?

If that works, try to plug the headset into a different controller if you have one.

In the console settings, go to "Display & Sound" and in the audio settings, make sure that audio output through headphones is selected. Also make sure, that you have selected "Stereo" or "Windows Sonic" as sound output, unless you have actually paid money
    in the Dolby Atmos app.

If you just downloaded the Dolby Atmos App, and didn't pay them for Dolby Atmos for Headphones, the audio output will stop working after 14 days.

You can then either purchase Dolby Atmos for Headphones, or switch to Windows Sonic, which does basically the same: giving you spatial 3D surround sound via headphones. For free.
Thema:

Windows Sonic / Dolby Atmos for headphones: proper in-game settings

1. Windows Sonic / Dolby Atmos for headphones: proper in-game settings - Similar Threads - Windows Sonic Dolby

2. Xbox App in Windows 10 und das Spiel Pinball FX2 [Translation - Xbox App in Windows 10...

in XBoX on Windows
    Xbox App in Windows 10 und das Spiel Pinball FX2 [Translation - Xbox App in Windows 10...: Ich habe ein Laptop mit Windows 10 einer vor Installierten App Xbox. Also keine separate Konsole oder dergleichen. Auf meinem Laptop ist das Spiel Pinball FX2 seid längerem installiert. Seid 10...
  3. windows 10 da gta 5 also texture coating problem

in XBoX Games and Apps
    windows 10 da gta 5 also texture coating problem: windows 7 de gta 5 playing in the game roads in the game houses are not lost but the windows 10 houses buildings disappearing houses windows 7 support will be finished windows 10 a game will be...
  4. How to block some items from showing in Windows 10 Xbox App feed

in XBoX on Windows
    How to block some items from showing in Windows 10 Xbox App feed: I just want to see things about my friends when I open the Xbox app. I don't want to see all these "news" about other games I don't even have/play. All these always have "[owner]" in their name....
  5. Minecraft - Windows 10 Edition missing features.

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Minecraft - Windows 10 Edition missing features.: Would like to start this comment off on the plus side; I love Windows 10 edition. You really blew us away with the capabilities of command blocks on console and so much more. However, some...
  6. Headset issues (no Windows Sonic)

in XBoX on Consoles
    Headset issues (no Windows Sonic): About 6 month ago, I checkes Windows Sonic for headphones, everything went smooth. Now I can't choose it anymore. I'm getting the 0x80bd0009 error Code. I read several times that it would help to...
  7. dolby 7.1 with windows sonic for headset

in XBoX Games and Apps
    dolby 7.1 with windows sonic for headset: Hello, online there are headphones with the virtual 7.1 Dolby that need a software to work only on PC. Can these headphones use dolby 7.1 even with windows sonic? For example, do the logitech g430...
  8. Windows Sonic Surround vs Dolby Atmos vs Dolby 7.1 Surround Sound for Xbox One

in XBoX on Consoles
    Windows Sonic Surround vs Dolby Atmos vs Dolby 7.1 Surround Sound for Xbox One: For those who like something better than just compressed Stereo audio for gaming, music and watching YouTube/Neflix videos, what is your preference? I think Windows Sonic Surround is rubbish....
  9. Xbox Windows Sonic/Dolby Atmos for Headphones to Receiver via HDMI

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox Windows Sonic/Dolby Atmos for Headphones to Receiver via HDMI: When either Windows Sonic or Dolby Atmos for Headphones is selected and headphone audio is output via HDMI or optical (i.e. box is checked in settings menu), my receiver still shows that it is...
  10. Windows Sonic virtual surround sound option missing

in XBoX on Consoles
    Windows Sonic virtual surround sound option missing: I recently try to setup the headset audio to use Windows Sonic on Xbox One, but there is no "use virtual surround sound" option, there is only one option available after select Windows Sonic for...