Windows Sonic Vs Dolby Atmos Headphones vs DTS Headphone: one clear winner?

Discus and support Windows Sonic Vs Dolby Atmos Headphones vs DTS Headphone: one clear winner? in XBoX Games and Apps to solve the problem; Let's just say that I liked the headphone effect in movies ever since I got a Turtle Beach x41 because my friend recommended that as a cheap... Discussion in 'XBoX Games and Apps' started by TripleTopper321, Jun 11, 2021.

1. Windows Sonic Vs Dolby Atmos Headphones vs DTS Headphone: one clear winner?

Let's just say that I liked the headphone effect in movies ever since I got a Turtle Beach x41 because my friend recommended that as a cheap alternative to a $10,000 labor insulation of a surround sound system based on the asymmetry of our main media room.

The Turtle Beach work fine on the 360 games and on the PS3 when playing movies. ...

... As long as the movies were originally recorded on disc using Dolby Digital. That's because the Turtle Beach x41 and DSs 1 has a direct Dolby Digital to Dolby Headphone converter.

Lpcm movies like apocalypto did not exactly have that convincing of a surround sound. Even worse DTS movies ranged from directly unconvincing to silent.

Now I know the Xbox One is supposed to have headphone processors which process sound. I bought the Dolby Atmos headphone amp and DTS headphone amp as well as downloaded Windows Sonic.

The funny thing is you think that the Xbox one would be smart enough to switch between those three depending on what is works best.

First is it correct to assume a movie completely made in Dolby would work best with Dolby Atmos Headphone App? And should I assume a DTS movie works best in the DTS headphone app? And should I assume a movie recorded in lpcm 5.1 or higher works best with Windows Sonic?

If those three are the case then I got a couple questions.

1. Why doesn't the Xbox have an option to say "best match" so that Windows Sonic and lpcm go together, and Dolby and Dolby go together, and DTS and DTS go together.

2. If a film in theater was recorded in Dolby however the Blu-ray says it's recorded in DTS, it kind of makes it unclear which headphone decoder to use. I noticed one random movie like that I put on DTS and it did not sound that directionally convincing like I was playing a video game shooter or something like that.

It's stupid to have three different headphone decoders and not know which one goes with which movie.

May I have some help for an easy way to tell what headphone decoder goes with what movie?

:)

TripleTopper321, Jun 11, 2021
  2. Arminator Win User

Can't Hear Game Audio or menu sounds through headset

Is your console enrolled in the Insider Preview Program?

When you go to the settings under Display&Sound, do you have the console set up to also play game sound through the headphones? If so, do you use any spatial surround modes like Windows Sonic or Dolby Atmos for headphones?

If you set it to Dolby Atmos for Headphones, did you actually purchase Dolby Atmos for headphones? If not, you could only try Dolby Atmos for headphones for two weeks. So check the settings if the headphones work with Stereo or Windows Sonic.
  3. Kirill Krasin Win User

Dolby Atmos for Headphones for Xbox

Hello,

I have almost the same issue. I've bought Dolby Atmos for Headphones from Microsoft Store, connect my headset to controller and set audio output to Dolby Atmos in my Audio Settings page. But sometimes it is roll back to Windows Sonic! I've launch Dolby
    Access app, check that in settings page selected Dolby Atmos For Headphones, close this app and get back to Audio Settings, change Windows Sonic to Dobly Atmos.
  4. ArminatorX Win User

Only party audio playing through headset?

Is it possible that you set your sound output for headphones to Dolby Atmos and didn't buy the Dolby Atmos App?

If so, you will be able to try Dolby Atmos through Headphones for 14 days, after which it'll stop working.

You need to switch to basic Stereo or Windows Sonic if you want spatial 3D sound without paying for Dolby Atmos.
  5. Spliff Second Win User

HEY SOMEONE EXPLAIN THE NEW SETTINGS FOR XBOX AUDIO (READ MORE)

Thank you Maka i appreciate the honesy. PS: Windows Sonic for headphones setting is compared to Dolby Atmos.
  6. ArminatorX Win User

Using earphones on a wireless remote

Check that you have fresh batteries in the controller, as the controller turns off some features when the batteries get low to conserve battery power like rumble and headphone sound.

Also, can you go to the Settings under Display & Sound and check the settings there. If you have set the headset audio to "Dolby Atmos for Headphones", be aware that you need to have PURCHASED the Dolby Atmos for Headphones app.

If you simply downloaded the Dolby Atmos app for free, you only get a 14 day trial of Dolby Atmos for Headphones. After 14 days, Dolby Atmos for Headphones stops working.

You can switch to "Windows Sonic for Headphones" to get the same spatial surround sound effect "for free".
Thema:

Windows Sonic Vs Dolby Atmos Headphones vs DTS Headphone: one clear winner?

1. Windows Sonic Vs Dolby Atmos Headphones vs DTS Headphone: one clear winner? - Similar Threads - Windows Sonic Dolby

2. XSX; Netflix; Dolby Atmos/Windows Sonic for Headphones -> Doesn't work

in XBoX Games and Apps
    XSX; Netflix; Dolby Atmos/Windows Sonic for Headphones -> Doesn't work: Hi all, Hope you are all doing well! I'll try to keep this as brief as possible, including troubleshooting steps I've taken. Some notes: Dolby Atmos for Headphones should be taking any...
  3. My headphone setting keeps switching from Dolby Atmos to Windows Sonic by itself

in XboX Insiders
    My headphone setting keeps switching from Dolby Atmos to Windows Sonic by itself: This is what happens: - I have the Atmos app installed and Dolby Atmos is selected in the headphone settings. All is good. At a random point, I notice that the audio through the headphones...
  4. After latest update, Dolby Atmos for Headphones reverts to Windows Sonic after reboot

in XBoX on Consoles
    After latest update, Dolby Atmos for Headphones reverts to Windows Sonic after reboot: After the latest firmware update, Dolby Atmos for Headphones reverts to Windows Sonic after rebooting my Xbox One X. Also, when I try to change it back to Dolby Atmos, it shows the "You need to...
  5. Dolby atmos still switches to windows sonic

in XboX Insiders
    Dolby atmos still switches to windows sonic: I have turtle beach stealth 700s fully wireless and I have atoms and every so often it will switch from atmos to sonic and also the equalizer in the Dolby app switches off submitted by...
  6. Windows sonic keeps replacing my Dolby Atmos

in XboX Insiders
    Windows sonic keeps replacing my Dolby Atmos: My Dolby Atmos under headset format keeps switching to windows sonic by itself, is there a way to stop it so I don't have to keep switching it back after I turn my Xbox one? submitted by...
  7. Windows Sonic / Dolby Atmos for headphones: proper in-game settings

in XBoX on Consoles
    Windows Sonic / Dolby Atmos for headphones: proper in-game settings: I've looked far and wide and can not find a definitive answer: I'm using a regular stereo headset (no processing) connected to an Xbox Controller. I also have Windows Sonic selected in the...
  8. dolby 7.1 with windows sonic for headset

in XBoX Games and Apps
    dolby 7.1 with windows sonic for headset: Hello, online there are headphones with the virtual 7.1 Dolby that need a software to work only on PC. Can these headphones use dolby 7.1 even with windows sonic? For example, do the logitech g430...
  9. Windows Sonic Surround vs Dolby Atmos vs Dolby 7.1 Surround Sound for Xbox One

in XBoX on Consoles
    Windows Sonic Surround vs Dolby Atmos vs Dolby 7.1 Surround Sound for Xbox One: For those who like something better than just compressed Stereo audio for gaming, music and watching YouTube/Neflix videos, what is your preference? I think Windows Sonic Surround is rubbish....
  10. Xbox Windows Sonic/Dolby Atmos for Headphones to Receiver via HDMI

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox Windows Sonic/Dolby Atmos for Headphones to Receiver via HDMI: When either Windows Sonic or Dolby Atmos for Headphones is selected and headphone audio is output via HDMI or optical (i.e. box is checked in settings menu), my receiver still shows that it is...