Windows Xbox App I cant move games to one hard drive

Discus and support Windows Xbox App I cant move games to one hard drive in XBoX on Windows to solve the problem; I can install games in my C: and D:, but I cant install in E:. i have space. I can move games to D: and C:, but cant move to E:. Its show to me... Discussion in 'XBoX on Windows' started by MarioJunqueira, Aug 6, 2022 at 3:42 AM.

1. Windows Xbox App I cant move games to one hard drive

I can install games in my C: and D:, but I cant install in E:. i have space. I can move games to D: and C:, but cant move to E:. Its show to me 0x80073d0d error. I have 123gb free and I can install game from steam, battle.net, EA, Ubisoft in E:. The app copy all the game to the HD, but do not "install" it. Everything is fine in C: and D: . C: is a M2 that I use in my OS, D: is a HDD and E: is a M2 only for games.

I already try delete de folder, create a new one, another name, change security. Try reset de xbox app, alot of powershell scripts, wsreset

:)

MarioJunqueira, Aug 6, 2022 at 3:42 AM
  2. JosefLBohorquez Win User

That's really strange Mario

May I know if you already have selected that drive as where new content is going to be installed via Windows settings > system > storage > advance storage settings > where new content is going to be installed

If you're on windows 10:

Windows settings > system > storage > where new content is going to be installed

If that doesn't work, let's try something different.

Create a new partition using the unused space on the "E:" drive and check if now the new partition appears

In case you need to know how to create a new NTFS partition:

https://www.diskpart.com/articles/partition-ntf...

** This is a non-Microsoft website. The page appears to be providing accurate, safe information. Watch out for ads on the site that may advertise products frequently classified as a PUP (Potentially Unwanted Products). Thoroughly research any product advertised on the site before you decide to download and install it.
  3. JosefLBohorquez Win User

Hi and thanks for reaching Microsoft Xbox gamer's community. My name is Josef.

I'm an Independent Advisor and a Microsoft Xbox user like you.

Hope you're doing great today despite this MarioJunqueira

May I know if you already double checked if the E: drive is already formatted as NTFS?

(You can do it opening File Explorer, click on the drive properties)

(Also you can do it opening Disk Management tool and look for the drive there)

I ask this due to most Xbox app games require an NTFS drive to be installed.

Let me know the resolution, I'll be waiting for your reply

Greetings
  4. MarioJunqueira Win User

Windows settings > system > storage > advance storage settings > where new content, works where.
  5. CasperH1 Win User

Cannot install games on D drive says it is not formated to NTFS.

Until Microsoft fixes this bug you can also install to another hard drive and then move the game to the drive you want as a workaround.

Install to the drive it'll let you in the xbox app, then go to windows button -> settings -> system -> storage -> select the drive you want (if it's showing a different drive than the one you installed on, go to "view storage on other drives" at the bottom),
    then select apps & features. Then browse the list of apps until you find the game and click it and select "move", it'll let you move it to the hard drive you wanted it installed on in the first place.
  6. abdulrahman ja Win User

forza horizon 4 in 2020

i started playing fh4 after getting xbox game pass. ater few days the gaem wont start. everytime i try to start it the fh4 window comes for a second and then vanishes. Tries many fixes
    guys since there seems no fix at all, I've uninstalled FH4 from my PC.i installed the app in another laptop and moved the app to a external drive. and then i install the app again from app store on pc and stop with few mbs and then replace the files of this
    with that of external hard drive(which worked for the outer worlds) but i cant for FH4. Is there any way to move these files? I even gained full access to it, still cant move or copy the files.
Thema:

1. Windows Xbox App I cant move games to one hard drive - Similar Threads - Windows App cant

2. WINDOWS XBOX APP - Cant install Sea of Thieves - ERROR CODE 0x800706ba

in XBoX on Consoles
    WINDOWS XBOX APP - Cant install Sea of Thieves - ERROR CODE 0x800706ba: When trying to install Sea of Thieves through the Xbox app on windows it just says ERROR 0%. This is the only game I have encountered this issue with and this has been ongoing for several months....
  3. Cant download or launch games on the windows 10 xbox app

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Cant download or launch games on the windows 10 xbox app: I cant launch any games or install within the xbox app I have tried deleting xbox and redownloading it. I do have an active gamepass subscription so thats working fine I just dont know what to do...
  4. cant download games on xbox app on windows 11 can anyone help?

in XBoX Games and Apps
    cant download games on xbox app on windows 11 can anyone help?: so since ive updated to windows 11 for some reason I cant download games and I have more than enough storage, I select the storage from settings only to come back to see this. can anyone help?...
  5. BUGREPORT Xbox app on windows cant install games on partition which is not 4k cluster size!

in XBoX Games and Apps
    BUGREPORT Xbox app on windows cant install games on partition which is not 4k cluster size!: Split from this thread. I have the same problem and I'm so close to canceling the Xbox game pass since I cant use it to play anything on my pc. This is a ridiculous constraint....
  6. BUGREPORT Xbox app on windows cant install games on partition which is not 4k cluster size!

in XBoX Games and Apps
    BUGREPORT Xbox app on windows cant install games on partition which is not 4k cluster size!: Hello, I dont understand this, xbox app is like only app i ever seen that is "checking" for cluster size of partition and accepts only partitions that are 4k...like whyyy I have insider and xbox...
  7. Cant install games from xbox app on windows 10

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Cant install games from xbox app on windows 10: Hello, I cant install any games from xbox app it tells me an error code and the download not starting. I did everything that i found in google searches and i'm now furious. error code: 0x80070005...
  8. Cant Log-In my Microsoft Account on Xbox App (Windows 10)

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Cant Log-In my Microsoft Account on Xbox App (Windows 10): I cant login and neither am i able to download any game over USK 6 I bought the Game Pass and wanted to download Hitman 3 but when clicking Download nothing happend. So I went through other games...
  9. Xbox app on Windows , cant get online in most of the games

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Xbox app on Windows , cant get online in most of the games: I have a problem connecting online in "Back for Blood" i tried somethings to see if it works but nothing seems to change,Please help me if anyone solved it out what to do, i am experiencing the...
  10. Xbox app on windows 11 cant download or play games

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Xbox app on windows 11 cant download or play games: After Halo infinite campaign came out I wanted to play the campaign on the Xbox app. I tried downloading but every time I tried to play the game it would give me this error message. I thought that...