Windows Xbox (Beta) App Push to Talk is not working properly

Discus and support Windows Xbox (Beta) App Push to Talk is not working properly in XBoX on Windows to solve the problem; When I attempt to enable push to talk within the Xbox Beta application (I was playing Sea of Thieves in the background), the push to talk simply opens... Discussion in 'XBoX on Windows' started by Drez143, Apr 4, 2020.

1. Drez143
    Drez143 Guest

When I attempt to enable push to talk within the Xbox Beta application (I was playing Sea of Thieves in the background), the push to talk simply opens my mic constantly. For example, normally my mic picks up when I talk or am typing, but if I enabled push
    to talk, then my mic was constantly picking up. It was even picking up when I physically muted the microphone.

I tried setting push to talk to "~" and also "Q", and it always had to same fate. I also attempted to set push to talk to one of the buttons on my mouse, but that wouldn't even record as a key.

In the end, how do I make push to talk actually work on the Xbox Beta app through Windows?

Thank you,

:)

Drez143, Apr 4, 2020
  2. RandyAU93 Win User

Xbox Beta App for PC is completely broken

This page has some troubleshooting steps regarding the Xbox app beta for Windows 10 version 1903. Please also keep in mind that beta
    software is not finished, and may misbehave. So you could have everything set up properly and it still may not work.
  3. XBF Ezra G Win User

Push to talk Mando Xbox One Elite[Push to talk Mando Xbox One Elite]

Hi GalletaSC,

Thanks for your post. I understand you are attempting to use your bumper as a push to talk button for voice chat on your Windows 10 PC. Are you attempting to use PTT for Xbox Party Chat on your PC or using other software like Discord, TeamSpeak, Mumble,
    etc.? Different software may only accept input from the keyboard instead of a controller.

The Xbox Beta App has a push to talk function for party chat, to enable it visit Settings>Audio>Enable Push to Talk.

Please keep us updated.
  4. Pain130798 Win User

Difficulties downloading AoE2 DE

check if your windows 10 is updated, push the windows button, then search windows uptade, go there and check if there are updates, update windows, and the go to the store and check the update section which is on the upter right part of the screen, once
    you have checked update all the apps, one of those apps must be the store itself and the xbox (beta) app of your pc
  5. DaleCh Win User

XBOX apps on Windows 10 laptop not working after system update

so the beta xbox app(today), 11.11.110005.,, does appear to at least sign in and load properly, even after the windows 10 update. Hoping they fix the main one soon.
  6. CraigBb1 Win User

Push to talk option for PC app "Xbox Console Companion"

There is not an option for push to talk on the xbox companion app on pc.
    Does anyone know of any software for Windows 10 that will allow PTT while using the Xbox console companion?
Thema:

1. Windows Xbox (Beta) App Push to Talk is not working properly - Similar Threads - Windows Beta App

2. Windows 10 Xbox App Beta Missing Features

in XboX Insiders
    Windows 10 Xbox App Beta Missing Features: If the New App is for some reason replacing the Xbox companion, it needs to have access to clubs, activity feeds, etc, its the main reason I use the Xbox companion, so why replace it with an app...
  3. New Xbox Beta App for Windows

in XBoX on Windows
    New Xbox Beta App for Windows: So I'm an avid user of the Console Companion app on Windows and I just seen where the new Xbox App would be replacing it. I downloaded it and it's definitely different than what I'm used to....
  4. Xbox (Beta) App on Windows 10 with Xbox 360 controller?

in XBoX on Windows
    Xbox (Beta) App on Windows 10 with Xbox 360 controller?: Hi there. I wanted to ask if its possible to use an old Xbox 360 controller on the xbox beta app? I got the game pass and would like to play for example "ori and the blind forrest" with an old...
  5. [xbox beta app for windows] Why isn't minecraft in this app ?

in XboX Insiders
    [xbox beta app for windows] Why isn't minecraft in this app ?: So since my microsoft store is broken and i can't update my games, i'm using the xbox beta app. But I wan't to update minecraft too and I can't find it in the app. Why ? Could xbox add it ?...
  6. Reinstalled Windows but XBOX (BETA) app doesn't detect my games anymore.

in XBoX on Windows
    Reinstalled Windows but XBOX (BETA) app doesn't detect my games anymore.: Hi community, I have reinstalled Windows by only formatting my C: drive. I had my XBOX ( BETA) games installed in my other drives but now the app tells me I have no games installed. How can I...
  7. Xbox Companion App and Xbox Beta App for Windows 10 not working on PC

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Xbox Companion App and Xbox Beta App for Windows 10 not working on PC: First I was using the Xbox beta app but then it stopped showing my friends and everything i tried wouldn't fix it so I tried uninstalling and reinstalling but now it always freezes right before...
  8. Problems with file permissions in WindowsApps (Xbox Beta Windows 10 App install directory)

in XBoX on Windows
    Problems with file permissions in WindowsApps (Xbox Beta Windows 10 App install directory): The XBox Beta software for Windows will only install to 'special' folders that it recognises as 'software install' locations. I can't just say I want this game installed in E:\Games and this one...
  9. Xbox (Beta) app not working on clean install of Windows 10 (20H1)

in XBoX on Windows
    Xbox (Beta) app not working on clean install of Windows 10 (20H1): After a clean install of Windows 10 20H1 RC (build 19041.207) and a subsequent automatic update of the Xbox app (version 2004.2000.42.0), the XboxAppServices.exe fails to start after every boot...
  10. Reinstall of Windows 10 and XBOX Beta app

in XBoX on Windows
    Reinstall of Windows 10 and XBOX Beta app: I recently had to reinstall windows 10 (MBR corrupt on my C: drive) and with that, came a fresh install of the XBOX Beta application. Prior to the reinstall, I had numerous games installed on a...