Wired Connection Not Working With Backwards Compatible Games

Discus and support Wired Connection Not Working With Backwards Compatible Games in XBoX Games and Apps to solve the problem; I can't connect to Xbox Live on backwards compatible games ever since I reset my Xbox One X to leave the insider alpha program. I was able to download... Discussion in 'XBoX Games and Apps' started by aDreamZ v, Jan 6, 2020.

1. aDreamZ v
    aDreamZ v Guest

I can't connect to Xbox Live on backwards compatible games ever since I reset my Xbox One X to leave the insider alpha program. I was able to download my profile on to the backwards compatible games when I disconnected my Ethernet cable and used a WiFi
    connection instead but as soon as I reconnected my Ethernet cable it disconnected me from xbox live. All my Xbox One games work fine and my NAT type is always on Open while using ethernet. I have all the ports forwarded for xbox one and 360. I just can't seem
    to get my wired connection to work with my backwards compatible games. I have tried talking to xbox ambassadors and searching google for a fix but I still haven't found one. So if anyone knows a solution to get my Ethernet working on xbox compatible games
    again that would be beyond helpful.

:)

aDreamZ v, Jan 6, 2020
  2. depressed brute Win User

3. ThatShowTime Win User

Backwards Compatible games dont work with wired connection

Hello!

At first check your router settings and contact with your internet provider, check the details about your connection.

More about BC here https://support.xbox.com/en-US/games/backward-compatibility/play-xbox-360-games-on-xbox-one
  4. Mister Mascot Win User

Backward compatible games wont work on wired connection

yes I am able to access the guide and it says I'm not conected to xbox live but when i test my connection it says everything is fine through the xbox one menu
    Thanks for the info, let's try to clear the 360 cache on the console and see if that helps.

1. Scroll left on the Home screen to open the guide. Note Double-tapping the Xbox button will open the guide from any other screen on the console.
    2. Select Settings.
    3. Select All settings.
    4. Select System and then select Storage.
    5. Select Clear local Xbox 360 storage.
    6. Select Yes and restart the console. This will not affect your cloud saved games or Xbox One games and profiles.
    Let us know how it goes!

Xbox Forums Staff

Be sure to check out the Xbox Forum Guidelines for the Do's and Don'ts as well as the Xbox
    Insider Program Forums
    for help with Xbox Insider Program troubleshooting. Achievement issues? Check our sticky

HERE
    for the best info.
  5. XBF Aaron G Win User

Backwards Compatible games dont work with wired connection

YRN Boujee,

Sometimes when your Wi-Fi works and your ethernet cord DOES NOT. It could be the cord itself or one of the ports either on the Xbox or on your router. I have also seen where the customer just needs an update for their router. You best option is to check
    with your personal service provider for your network.
  6. Mister Cizl Win User

Backward compatible games wont work on wired connection

Hey Metallica5711! When you launch a Backward Compatibility game, are you able to connect through the Xbox 360 guide? You can access the guide by pressing the view and menu buttons when a Backward Compatibility game is launched. Post back and let me know!
Thema:

1. Wired Connection Not Working With Backwards Compatible Games - Similar Threads - Wired Connection Working

2. Wired XB1 Controller isnt working on my console but it works when connected to my PC

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Wired XB1 Controller isnt working on my console but it works when connected to my PC: I have a wired controller that has seemed to stop being detected by my XB1. Not sure why but it started when i went to turn my consold off by holding the xbox button and selecting turn console off...
  3. AT&T: Xbox1 S wireless works but wired connection does not

in XboX Networking Hardware
    AT&T: Xbox1 S wireless works but wired connection does not: AT&T (ISPs): Xbox1 S wireless works but wired connection does not Hello quigman11! Sorry to hear that you're dealing with this issue trying to wire your console up to the internet. I just wanted...
  4. Xbox one X will only connect to the internet with wired network. Wireless not working.

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox one X will only connect to the internet with wired network. Wireless not working.: So I was using a ethernet cable. But I decided to plug it into my pc to speed up downloads. I have had this WiFi network on my Xbox One X ever since I got it 2 weeks ago. (Brand new) And...
  5. Backwards Compatible games dont work with wired connection

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Backwards Compatible games dont work with wired connection: Im unable to connect to xbox live while playing backwards compatible games. I was using a wired connection and couldn't connect, but when I switched to a wireless connection I was able to....
  6. Sky TV app not working on wired connection

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Sky TV app not working on wired connection: I have been using Sky TV on Xbox One using a wired (Ethernet) connection for the last 4 months without any problems. The other day it suddenly started to not load and said that it couldn't connect...
  7. Wired Connection doesn't work

in XBoX on Consoles
    Wired Connection doesn't work: Connected my Xbox One X to my router with an ethernet cable and it will not stay connected to the internet. The wireless works though. However when I hook up my regular xbox one with the...
  8. Xbox 360 wired controller connected but not working on Windows 10

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox 360 wired controller connected but not working on Windows 10: I've searched all the internet for a solution, but didn't find. I've just bought a usb-wire for my xbox 360 controller to play on my notebook (Windows 10), so I plug it, the device appears on the...
  9. Wired in connection not working

in XBoX on Consoles
    Wired in connection not working: Not sure entirely what is going on but when i try to connect to xbox live when wired in it wont connect but if i do wireless it connects just fine. Checked with multiple cable still no luck did...
  10. Static IP not working on a wired connection

in XBoX on Consoles
    Static IP not working on a wired connection: Hi. I have been trying to get a static IP address set up on my XBOX ONE but every time I try it will not take. I type the IP address then the subnet mask then the gateway but it will not let me...