Wired Controller Mic issues

Discus and support Wired Controller Mic issues in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; Hi! I’ve recently started using a wired controller when I play and I’ve noticed an issue. My audio settings as far as headset volume, the chat mixer,... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by JoshuaDelgado2, Oct 26, 2020.

1. Wired Controller Mic issues

Hi! I’ve recently started using a wired controller when I play and I’ve noticed an issue. My audio settings as far as headset volume, the chat mixer, and monitoring are all unadjustable. The audio settings are greyed out and I can’t find a way to fix this.
    I’ve tried resetting my xbox, unplugging my controller and unplugging my headset. I feel as though this issue only came about after the newest xbox one update but I don’t have much evidence to prove it. Is there anyway I can get some help?

:)

JoshuaDelgado2, Oct 26, 2020
  2. Ap11o Win User

Mic not working in Fortnite - Xbox one.

Do you use a wireless mic or a wired mic because if its wired i could be a problem with the controller
  3. HalfChaosnova Win User

wired or wireless that is the question

Wireless controller vs Wired

Wireless just because I don't trip over a wire and it is hardly noticeable. Wired will always be better but personally I like wireless.

Wireless Mic vs Wired

A wireless mic is handy but a lot of time, people cut out suddenly and if there is any lag, it affects your headset a little as well. You dont get this issue with a wired headset. I still prefer a wireless mic purely because the lack of wire.
  4. snake42069 Win User

Xbox One PDP Prismatic Afterglow USB controller has buzzing sound transmitting over mic

to fix the problem with all wired controllers, simply unplug the mic and controller, then plug the MIC in first, then plug the controller back in. Worked for me. Hopefully it works for you.
  5. SoullessCodith Win User

Control game on Xbox one s quits during game play. Why?

There have been several issues with the game Control lately. I have been on responder talking to people about this lately. As for your headsets it could be that the wire to the mic got frayed or could be a problem with your mic input.
  6. a tired old guy Win User

Really need help with this :/

I dont know what tbs you have, but I have the x31s which have a separate volume control for the chat. If the mic wire is not plugged in, there is no control for chat voulume.

Perhaps if yours works the same, a broken wire for the mic could possibly cause yuo to not have control of the volume.
Thema:

Wired Controller Mic issues

1. Wired Controller Mic issues - Similar Threads - Wired Controller Mic

2. My mic isn't working on my new wired controller

in XBoX on Consoles
    My mic isn't working on my new wired controller: I bought a new wired controller and the mic isn't picking up anything I say when I use it on the controller. I tested the mic on the other controller and it works perfectly fine. Is there any...
  3. No sound on headset or mic for XO Three Gaming Headset Wired connected to a wireless controller

in XBoX on Consoles
    No sound on headset or mic for XO Three Gaming Headset Wired connected to a wireless controller: Purchased a new Ear Force XO Three Gaming Headset(Turtle Beach) and a wireless controller. Connected the headset to the wireless controller and attempted setup on X Box One Console. However, we...
  4. ive got a wired controller and when i put my mic in people in my party can hear a buzzing sound

in XBoX on Consoles
    ive got a wired controller and when i put my mic in people in my party can hear a buzzing sound: ive got a wired controller and when i put my mic in people in my party can hear a buzzing sound and this is a new headset and new wired controller 7bfe32a8-ba20-4d8e-b9e1-917291c6c029
  5. Wired Controller / Headset Mic Buzzing Noise

in XBoX on Consoles
    Wired Controller / Headset Mic Buzzing Noise: I recently purchased the Razer Wildcat wired controller for my Xbox One and ever since I started using it members in my party have been complaining about a loud buzzing noise. I tried plugging in...
  6. Wired mic unlinked when controller disconnects

in XBoX on Consoles
    Wired mic unlinked when controller disconnects: With the last update, I have been having an issue with the mic and party connection. Repeatable: Batteries in controller die and swapped out. When controller turns back on, the party volume...
  7. My Xbox Wired Controller Mic Port wont work

in XBoX on Consoles
    My Xbox Wired Controller Mic Port wont work: I've been noticing recently that my mic port on my xbox one elite wired controller doesn't work. I require assisstance and I want to know why this is happening. Thank you for looking at this, and...
  8. No mic for wired controllers?

in XBoX on Consoles
    No mic for wired controllers?: So, I think it is safe to say at this point that Xbox One controllers go through batteries very quickly. The obvious way to fix this problem is to buy a wired controller. But, my problem with that...
  9. XBOX 360 Wired Controller for Windows Mic Port Fault

in XBoX on Consoles
    XBOX 360 Wired Controller for Windows Mic Port Fault: Hi, I bought my first XBOX 360 controller for Windows and everything appeared to be fine until I bought a headset and noticed that there was interference when using voice communication over XBOX...
  10. Brand new wired controller not working with Mic

in XBoX on Consoles
    Brand new wired controller not working with Mic: I just bought a wired controller for xbox 360 about a week ago. I play a lot of xbox and I think that might be the problem but today I unplugged it and plugged in a few times and then it all of...