Wired Elite controller 2 keeps disconnecting

Discus and support Wired Elite controller 2 keeps disconnecting in XBoX on Windows to solve the problem; 2 day old elite controller 2 was working perfectly but now the connection may randomly turn off and it may take a few attempts to reconnect it which I... Discussion in 'XBoX on Windows' started by banaoffe, Jan 14, 2020.

1. banaoffe
    banaoffe Guest

2 day old elite controller 2 was working perfectly but now the connection may randomly turn off and it may take a few attempts to reconnect it which I do buy replugging the usb-c.

To be clear the controller is always 'connected' to my pc as in it is always charging when it is plugged in but now in the middle of a game the home button will turn off. I am using the usb-c cable that game with the controller.

Can anyone give me any guidance? I have an elite controller I used for pc previously and the micro-usb that came with that controller worked perfectly for years. I am guessing it has something to do with the controller being in 'charging-mode' as opposed
    to 'gaming-input-mode'.

:)

banaoffe, Jan 14, 2020
  2. banaoffe Win User

Thanks for your reply but I've already been through this and all it says is "Plug a micro-USB charging cable into the top of the controller and plug the other end into your PC."

Has anyone had similar issues?
  3. depressed brute Win User

4. XBF Leo G Win User

Hello banaoffe,

Thank you for posting on the Xbox forums. We understand that your Xbox Elite controller is randomly disconnecting from your Windows 10 computer. We recommend making sure that

Windows 10 is up to date
    . Also, you can try using a different USB-C cable to connect your controller to your computer. If this does not resolve the issue, we recommend plugging in the controller to a different USB port on your computer. Be sure to let us
    know the results!
  5. RomkaZzz Win User

Looking for a new Controller

New Elite 2 controller in my wishlist. I like also White Sport edition and SCUF modified controllers. Wired controller is best for shooter games.
  6. Mister Mascot Win User

Elite controller Wired keeps disconnecting During Halo game.

Hey there WolfWaker54,

Sorry to hear about your controller disconnecting randomly, we do have a guide that can help though. Take a look at it

HERE
    and let us know how it goes!

Xbox Forums Staff

Be sure to check out the Xbox Forum Guidelines for the Do's and Don'ts as well as the Xbox
    Insider Program Forums
    for help with Xbox Insider Program troubleshooting.
Thema:

1. Wired Elite controller 2 keeps disconnecting - Similar Threads - Wired Elite controller

2. Xbox 360 Wired Controller Problems

in XBoX on Windows
    Xbox 360 Wired Controller Problems: Hello, I have a problem with Xbox 360 Wired Controller Connection on my HP Windows 10 Laptop. Controllers used to connect and work perfectly fine, but now Windows doesn't even acknowledge that the...
  3. Wired controller issue

in XBoX on Consoles
    Wired controller issue: After my wired controller's power cable was accidentally pulled out, it has been constantly pushing to the right. Is there a way of fixing this issue, or is my controller done for?...
  4. One X dropping Wired Connection

in XBoX on Consoles
    One X dropping Wired Connection: I've had this 1X for 6 whole days. It replaced a 1 I had for 5 years. I use a network cable for online access. It is constantly dropping the connection and the network status will show that the...
  5. Wired headset stopped working

in XBoX Accessibility
    Wired headset stopped working: Hi everyone, I have a wired Turtle Beach headset that was bought for Xbox one. I have been using it for my Xbox, PlayStation, and laptop. I had it plugged into the laptop when I was also trying...
  6. Wireless or Wired Controller?

in XBoX on Consoles
    Wireless or Wired Controller?: I prefer wireless controllers and infact wireless headsets too. I use an elite v1 controller and find it great. 9ee985c8-ac7b-491f-87ad-55d2e4dacf32
  7. Wired Connection Not Working With Backwards Compatible Games

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Wired Connection Not Working With Backwards Compatible Games: I can't connect to Xbox Live on backwards compatible games ever since I reset my Xbox One X to leave the insider alpha program. I was able to download my profile on to the backwards compatible...
  8. Hard wired Xbox elite pad on xcloud beta.

in XBoX on Mobile
    Hard wired Xbox elite pad on xcloud beta.: As title suggests ive just got access to xcloud beta but none of my pads jave Bluetooth. Ive got a micro USB to USB C being delivered but cant find any info on weather you can even do this....
  9. Xbox Elite Controller (wired) Issues with FIFA 20

in XBoX on Windows
    Xbox Elite Controller (wired) Issues with FIFA 20: Wired Xbox Elite Controller keeps jumping up and down when on the FIFA 20 game screen. I've uninstalled the drivers, restarted, updated Windows 10, everything. Was working OK'ish earlier, now the...
  10. Elite controller Wired keeps disconnecting During Halo game.

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Elite controller Wired keeps disconnecting During Halo game.: My elite controller LITERALLY keeps disconnecting every second and a half during and after a match in the menus. I am using it wired with no batteries SO IT SHOULD NOT do this. Please help ive...