Wired Elite controller 2 keeps disconnecting

Discus and support Wired Elite controller 2 keeps disconnecting in XBoX on Windows to solve the problem; 2 day old elite controller 2 was working perfectly but now the connection may randomly turn off and it may take a few attempts to reconnect it which I... Discussion in 'XBoX on Windows' started by banaoffe, Jan 14, 2020.

1. banaoffe
    banaoffe Guest

2 day old elite controller 2 was working perfectly but now the connection may randomly turn off and it may take a few attempts to reconnect it which I do buy replugging the usb-c.

To be clear the controller is always 'connected' to my pc as in it is always charging when it is plugged in but now in the middle of a game the home button will turn off. I am using the usb-c cable that game with the controller.

Can anyone give me any guidance? I have an elite controller I used for pc previously and the micro-usb that came with that controller worked perfectly for years. I am guessing it has something to do with the controller being in 'charging-mode' as opposed
    to 'gaming-input-mode'.

:)

banaoffe, Jan 14, 2020
  2. banaoffe Win User

Hi. I've managed to now buy another usb to usb-c cable and I have now tried it on every usb connector my pc has with both wires and it doesn't work.

In device manager there are no differences between when it is plugged in or not.

I have tried all this on my laptop and it is the same.

The controller still charges but is unusable.
  3. banaoffe Win User

Wow thanks, for the quick reply Chris. I'll take it back to the shop then!
  4. banaoffe Win User

Thanks for your reply but I've already been through this and all it says is "Plug a micro-USB charging cable into the top of the controller and plug the other end into your PC."

Has anyone had similar issues?
  5. depressed brute Win User

6. XBF Chris J Win User

Hello Banaoffe,

Thank you for keeping us updated. At this point, since all troubleshooting steps have failed to resolve the issue, we recommend setting up a replacement for that controller. You should still be under warranty if the controller was bought brand new back when
    you posted this thread in January. Check out this link for assistance: Request an Xbox controller replacement

Hope this helps!
Thema:

1. Wired Elite controller 2 keeps disconnecting - Similar Threads - Wired Elite controller

2. Wired connection

in XBoX Accessibility
    Wired connection: I cant connect to xbox live when i use wired connection it says service info is unavailable and do not know what to do to fix it 360f7022-9349-465c-a6b6-89c7763cbb23
  3. 2 Wired Xboxs, 1 Router

in XBoX on Consoles
    2 Wired Xboxs, 1 Router: Long story short. My bf and I both have been connecting Xboxs via wired connection for the last year with no issues. About 2-3 months ago, if his xbox is connected then mine will not connect to...
  4. Wired Controller Connection Issue

in XBoX on Consoles
    Wired Controller Connection Issue: I purchased a wired Xbox controller from someone which didnt come with a charging cord. I then purchased the Xbox Play & Charge Kit (I needed a battery pack for a different controller). The cord...
  5. My mic isn't working on my new wired controller

in XBoX on Consoles
    My mic isn't working on my new wired controller: I bought a new wired controller and the mic isn't picking up anything I say when I use it on the controller. I tested the mic on the other controller and it works perfectly fine. Is there any...
  6. Slow download speed on wired connect

in XBoX on Consoles
    Slow download speed on wired connect: I am having trouble with downloading apps on my xbox. When I am in the queue it shows me downloading at 50-200Kbps. But when I am in the test network speed and statistics is says I have a...
  7. Microphone audio doesn't register when connecting headset through a wired Xbox One Elite...

in XBoX on Windows
    Microphone audio doesn't register when connecting headset through a wired Xbox One Elite...: I just built a computer, and I am trying to use my current controller setup. However, while I can get audio, my mic isn't picking up. Here's my setup: - I am using an Xbox Elite series 2...
  8. Hard wired Xbox elite pad on xcloud beta.

in XBoX on Mobile
    Hard wired Xbox elite pad on xcloud beta.: As title suggests ive just got access to xcloud beta but none of my pads jave Bluetooth. Ive got a micro USB to USB C being delivered but cant find any info on weather you can even do this....
  9. Xbox Elite Controller (wired) Issues with FIFA 20

in XBoX on Windows
    Xbox Elite Controller (wired) Issues with FIFA 20: Wired Xbox Elite Controller keeps jumping up and down when on the FIFA 20 game screen. I've uninstalled the drivers, restarted, updated Windows 10, everything. Was working OK'ish earlier, now the...
  10. Elite controller Wired keeps disconnecting During Halo game.

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Elite controller Wired keeps disconnecting During Halo game.: My elite controller LITERALLY keeps disconnecting every second and a half during and after a match in the menus. I am using it wired with no batteries SO IT SHOULD NOT do this. Please help ive...