Wired headset stopped working

Discus and support Wired headset stopped working in XBoX Accessibility to solve the problem; Hi everyone, I have a wired Turtle Beach headset that was bought for Xbox one. I have been using it for my Xbox, PlayStation, and laptop. I had it... Discussion in 'XBoX Accessibility' started by Katiek80, Jan 15, 2020.

1. Katiek80
    Katiek80 Guest

Hi everyone,

I have a wired Turtle Beach headset that was bought for Xbox one. I have been using it for my Xbox, PlayStation, and laptop.

I had it plugged into the laptop when I was also trying to connect the laptop to the TV via HDMI. After that the headset stopped working for both consoles. It will only work on the laptop when using a USB audio adapter, so i know the headset works. I have
    also used a cheep pair of earbuds with a mic in both consoles and laptop with success.

Is there anything I can do to fix this issue? I would like to use the headset again on the consoles again and would like to avoid going out and buying a new headset.

:)

Katiek80, Jan 15, 2020
  2. Mikeysoonerfan Win User

Which model of turtle beach is it? Could be something a simple as a volume control on the headset, maybe the adapter overrides it.
  3. Katiek80 Win User

Are you using a 3.5mm jack on the consoles? I noticed you said it was working with the USB adaptor. Maybe the cord has gone bad. I have had to replace several over the years just from use and abuse.
    It is a 3.5mm jack all the way around. It is still a pretty new headset and was not used all too much untill recently. I just find it strange that it stopped working as soon as I had plugged the laptop into the tv with HDMI cable.
  4. Katiek80 Win User

I have not yet tried to updating the controller with headset plugged in. I can try that. The headset came with peice you plug in first to control different volumes but it is a normal hedphone jack otherwise, which made it really nice for gaming for each
    system and pc.
  5. Katiek80 Win User

Sometimes it could be a hardware issue, if not you can always updated using the guide: https://support.xbox.com/xbox-one/accessories/update-xbox-one-controller

If updating doesn't work try replacing the smaller accessories or even try a different controller, or even change or replace the battery or wired cable if needed. Proper energy flow goes a mile with gaming.
    Thanks for the advice. If it updating doesnt work ill monkey around with some settings to see if I can revive it. If all else fails I will probably end up getting a new headset at least for the consoles. When I tried troubleshooting the head set on the laptop
    i came to the conclusion that the laptop was just not recognizing that the headset was plugged in but other headphones had worked in the jack still can use the headset on computer with audio adapter. Just a strange tech issue.
  6. blueamcat Win User

Hi Katie,

Have you tried updating your Xbox controller with the headset plugged in? Does it simply plug into the headphone jack on the controller?
Thema:

1. Wired headset stopped working - Similar Threads - Wired headset stopped

2. Microsoft PC wired or wireless controllers with not work with my Headset microphone.

in XBoX on Windows
    Microsoft PC wired or wireless controllers with not work with my Headset microphone.: This is beyond frustrating. My headset microphone will not work with either of my Microsoft PC controllers. However, it will work flawlessly with 2 different after market controllers with no...
  3. Series X Controller Audio Issue with Wired RIG 400HX 3D Audio Gaming Headset

in XBoX on Consoles
    Series X Controller Audio Issue with Wired RIG 400HX 3D Audio Gaming Headset: I have an audio issue with connecting my RIG 400HX 3D Audio Gaming Headset for Xbox Series X|S and Xbox One - Black to the Xbox Series X Controller. The sound from my group are very tinny and the...
  4. Anyone know how to use a wired headset while on Windows 10?

in XboX Insiders
    Anyone know how to use a wired headset while on Windows 10?: I've been attempting to wire in my headset through the new series x controller but it has not registered so far. Is there a certain setting on Windows that I need to enable or disable? submitted...
  5. On Xbox Series X - Wired headsets work on the new controller, not on the Elite Series v1...

in XBoX on Consoles
    On Xbox Series X - Wired headsets work on the new controller, not on the Elite Series v1...: Basically what I posted for the topic. My wired Bose headphones work fine on the Xbox One X but not on the Xbox Series X with my Elite Controller. The new controller seems to work fine with the...
  6. Series X controller audio from wired headset

in XBoX on Consoles
    Series X controller audio from wired headset: I am using a Turtle Beach Elite Atlas wired headset with my Series X controller. (have also replicated with another brand of headset and xbox one controller) I've noticed when on the dashboard...
  7. Wired xbox a10 cod ww2 headset static

in XBoX on Consoles
    Wired xbox a10 cod ww2 headset static: so a couple years ago the jack for my a10 headset broke, so I switched to wireless and then deiced that I wanted the a10 back so i bought a new cord for the same a10 headset and for some reason it...
  8. Microphone audio doesn't register when connecting headset through a wired Xbox One Elite...

in XBoX on Windows
    Microphone audio doesn't register when connecting headset through a wired Xbox One Elite...: I just built a computer, and I am trying to use my current controller setup. However, while I can get audio, my mic isn't picking up. Here's my setup: - I am using an Xbox Elite series 2...
  9. Using wired headset plugged into Xbox one s wireless controller with laptop HELP!

in XBoX on Windows
    Using wired headset plugged into Xbox one s wireless controller with laptop HELP!: Just got a new headset with mic to use with the XBOX one s wireless controller. Works fine when using on the xbox console to play Fortnite, but not the Laptop. The headset is plugged into the...
  10. All of a sudden 2 Different Headsets for XBOX One S Wired Controller stopped working Cant...

in XBoX on Consoles
    All of a sudden 2 Different Headsets for XBOX One S Wired Controller stopped working Cant...: Try an xbox headset adapter and their is official headset stereo too, I intent to buy tomorrow after having spoke with an agent this evening. Is there a headset adapter for the xbox one s wired...