Wired headset stopped working

Discus and support Wired headset stopped working in XBoX Accessibility to solve the problem; Hi everyone, I have a wired Turtle Beach headset that was bought for Xbox one. I have been using it for my Xbox, PlayStation, and laptop. I had it... Discussion in 'XBoX Accessibility' started by Katiek80, Jan 15, 2020.

1. Katiek80
    Katiek80 Guest

Hi everyone,

I have a wired Turtle Beach headset that was bought for Xbox one. I have been using it for my Xbox, PlayStation, and laptop.

I had it plugged into the laptop when I was also trying to connect the laptop to the TV via HDMI. After that the headset stopped working for both consoles. It will only work on the laptop when using a USB audio adapter, so i know the headset works. I have
    also used a cheep pair of earbuds with a mic in both consoles and laptop with success.

Is there anything I can do to fix this issue? I would like to use the headset again on the consoles again and would like to avoid going out and buying a new headset.

:)

Katiek80, Jan 15, 2020
  2. Mikeysoonerfan Win User

Which model of turtle beach is it? Could be something a simple as a volume control on the headset, maybe the adapter overrides it.
  3. Katiek80 Win User

Are you using a 3.5mm jack on the consoles? I noticed you said it was working with the USB adaptor. Maybe the cord has gone bad. I have had to replace several over the years just from use and abuse.
    It is a 3.5mm jack all the way around. It is still a pretty new headset and was not used all too much untill recently. I just find it strange that it stopped working as soon as I had plugged the laptop into the tv with HDMI cable.
  4. Katiek80 Win User

I have not yet tried to updating the controller with headset plugged in. I can try that. The headset came with peice you plug in first to control different volumes but it is a normal hedphone jack otherwise, which made it really nice for gaming for each
    system and pc.
  5. Katiek80 Win User

Sometimes it could be a hardware issue, if not you can always updated using the guide: https://support.xbox.com/xbox-one/accessories/update-xbox-one-controller

If updating doesn't work try replacing the smaller accessories or even try a different controller, or even change or replace the battery or wired cable if needed. Proper energy flow goes a mile with gaming.
    Thanks for the advice. If it updating doesnt work ill monkey around with some settings to see if I can revive it. If all else fails I will probably end up getting a new headset at least for the consoles. When I tried troubleshooting the head set on the laptop
    i came to the conclusion that the laptop was just not recognizing that the headset was plugged in but other headphones had worked in the jack still can use the headset on computer with audio adapter. Just a strange tech issue.
  6. blueamcat Win User

Hi Katie,

Have you tried updating your Xbox controller with the headset plugged in? Does it simply plug into the headphone jack on the controller?
Thema:

1. Wired headset stopped working - Similar Threads - Wired headset stopped

2. Static and drop outs in audio while streaming with wired headset, no matter what controller...

in XBoX on Consoles
    Static and drop outs in audio while streaming with wired headset, no matter what controller...: When I'm playing games without streaming, I don't have any issues with static with my wired headset and wired or wireless controllers. When I'm streaming on Mixer, especially "busy" games like COD...
  3. Xbox One Chat and Mic not working with wired headsets

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox One Chat and Mic not working with wired headsets: I'm having an issue not being able to chat. I've tried using multiple headsets through the controller and an Astro Mixamp TR. When using either I can't hear people nor can they hear me. The only...
  4. Using a headset with a wired controller

in XBoX on Consoles
    Using a headset with a wired controller: So today i bought a wired controller. With my wireless controller, the wired headset works fine until i plug the controller inti the charger, then stops working. Having the same issue with a brand...
  5. Wired versus Wireless Controllers/Headsets

in XBoX Accessibility
    Wired versus Wireless Controllers/Headsets: Personally I use wireless controllers with rechargeable batteries. Mainly for the cordless freedom. When it comes to the headset I use a wired connection. If I have to wear a headset odds are I'm...
  6. My headset isn't connecting to my xbox controller (Wired)

in XBoX on Consoles
    My headset isn't connecting to my xbox controller (Wired): I use a Astro A10 which had no problems until today it there any known fix? 125a03df-399f-4cda-9a01-9dbf3f0cd518
  7. Headset on Wired PDP xbox one controler

in XBoX on Windows
    Headset on Wired PDP xbox one controler: I recently bought a controller to play on pc. At first, everything was working fine, but a few weeks after the purchase, the audio stopped working through the controller. The computer detects the...
  8. Lost sound through wired headset

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Lost sound through wired headset: My Xbox one S has been playing sound through a wired headset plugged into the controller for over a month. Suddenly, we have no sound, no mic. I switched controllers from another console, no...
  9. Disconnecting headset (wireless/wired) causes video in Youtube and Dashboard audio to play...

in XboX Insiders
    Disconnecting headset (wireless/wired) causes video in Youtube and Dashboard audio to play...: Hi all, noticed this a couple weeks back but it's still doing it now. Happens 100% of the time with the wireless headset, 50+% of the time with wired. How to reproduce: Connect a wireless headset...
  10. All of a sudden 2 Different Headsets for XBOX One S Wired Controller stopped working Cant...

in XBoX on Consoles
    All of a sudden 2 Different Headsets for XBOX One S Wired Controller stopped working Cant...: Try an xbox headset adapter and their is official headset stereo too, I intent to buy tomorrow after having spoke with an agent this evening. Is there a headset adapter for the xbox one s wired...