Wireless 360 Controller--Connection Solution

Discus and support Wireless 360 Controller--Connection Solution in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; Hey guys, I spent all afternoon trying to get my brand new controller to connect and finally found the solution, and figured I should pay it forward... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by MikeKFred, Jun 11, 2014.

1. MikeKFred
    MikeKFred Guest

Hey guys,

I spent all afternoon trying to get my brand new controller to connect and finally found the solution, and figured I should pay it forward by letting other people know what worked for me.

So I read every thread and blog post, rebooted my computer at least six times, uninstalled and re-installed drivers about ten times, moved the receiver away from every metal surface in the room, and switched the batteries around, all to no avail. I spent
    about four hours racking my brains trying to figure out what the problem was, when finally I found a post that told me to switch USB ports.

Now, I'd already tried a couple of different ports, so I didn't think that would help at all. But this particular post mentioned that the front ports on my tower and any of the ports on my USB hub wouldn't be sufficiently powered, so I should try the back
    ports. I couldn't imagine why that would make a difference with a wireless controller (how much power would the receiver even need?), but I figured it was worth a shot. Within five seconds I had a functioning controller. End of frustration!

tl;dr If nothing else is working, try the back ports on your tower. Good luck!

:)

MikeKFred, Jun 11, 2014
  2. shortening Xbox 360 controller cord

Or just track down the wireless USB Dongle for Windows?

Then you can connect up to 4 360 Wireless controllers........

PlasticPassions, Jun 11, 2014
  3. xboxfelix
    xboxfelix Guest
    How to Configure and test your Xbox 360 wireless Internet connection

After you have connected the Xbox 360 Wireless Connecting Adapter to your original Xbox 360 console, you have to configure and test the wireless connection.

Steps to Follow

1. On your controller, press the Guide button and proceed to Settings, then choose System Settings.

2. Go to Network Settings then select the name of your wireless network.

Note: If you do not find your wireless network, go to Advanced Options and then select Specify Unlisted Network. Proceed to enter the name of your wireless network, after which you will be asked to select the security type.

3. Enter your wireless network password.

4. You will get a prompt to update your console software. Select Yes.

Still Not Connecting?

If you get a connection error message after these steps, you should try using the Xbox LIVE Connection Solution to fix the problem.

If your wireless network is not listed in Step 2 above, you can read about how to Improve Xbox Live Speed.

xboxfelix, Jun 11, 2014
  4. NoVa x Killa Win User

Wireless Controller Disconnecting. PLEASE HELP

5. M3tal Daz3 Win User

Xbox 360 controller flashing light

6. Kelemvor79 Win User

Xbox 360 controllers

7. TragicSkies Win User

My controllers will not connect.

8. StuartATrueRed Win User

xbox 360 controller not working on PC

Is the controller a wireless controller or wired? If it is wireless, how are you connecting it? If by using the play & charge kit, then the Xbox 360 controller will not work, as the cable is only recognized on PC for charging only. You need to use a Xbox
    360 Wireless adapter for PC to connect a wireless Xbox 360 controller to your PC.
Thema:

1. Wireless 360 Controller--Connection Solution - Similar Threads - Wireless 360 Controller

2. Windows 10 + XBOX 360 Wireless Adapter / Controller don't work anymore

in XBoX on Windows
    Windows 10 + XBOX 360 Wireless Adapter / Controller don't work anymore: I connected two different XBOX 360 Wireless Adapter on three different Windows 10 PCs. All with the latest Version of WIndows 10 and never had connected with the Wireless Adapter before: nothing...
  3. Can't Get my Wired Wireless X-Box 360 Controller To Work

in XBoX on Windows
    Can't Get my Wired Wireless X-Box 360 Controller To Work: Maybe I'm misinformed, but I believe it's possible to use old X-Box 360 controllers for PC games now. I'm not sure if this is only limited to just X-Box One games on PC or if it can be used for...
  4. Can't use my Xbox 360 wireless controller

in XBoX on Windows
    Can't use my Xbox 360 wireless controller: Hello, my problem is the one in the subject: i can't use my xbox 360 wireless controller when I play the Xbox Game Pass for PC. When I start any game, the controller is not detected, but with all...
  5. Xbox PC (Beta) 360 Wireless Controller Support?

in XBoX on Windows
    Xbox PC (Beta) 360 Wireless Controller Support?: Xbox (Beta) app v1908.1001.8.0 Win10 v1903 (Build 18362.295) Controller connected wirelessly & via play & charge: Xbox 360 Wireless Receiver for Windows v2.1.0.1349 Xbox 360 Wireless...
  6. I can't turn on my wireless xbox 360 controller

in XBoX on Consoles
    I can't turn on my wireless xbox 360 controller: I got these wireless controllers from my cousin and I replaced the batteries in the battery pack but it won't turn on (I tried all four controllers) What do I do? I don't have a cable for the...
  7. xbox one wireless adapter for windows 10 : compatible with xbox 360 controllers?

in XBoX on Windows
    xbox one wireless adapter for windows 10 : compatible with xbox 360 controllers?: Hello, Is the xbox one controller adapter compatible with xbox 360 controllers? I speak about this adapter : https://www.xbox.com/fr-FR/xbox-one/accessories/adapters/wireless-adapter-windows...
  8. xbox 360 wireless controller working on steam, but not working on windows games (started...

in XBoX on Consoles
    xbox 360 wireless controller working on steam, but not working on windows games (started...: Hello, I've got windows 10 with the latest update installed, I also have wireless xbox 360 controller. It works perfectly fine under Steam but I can't get it working with any of my games run...
  9. wireless xbox 360 controller on win10 without reciever

in XBoX Accessibility
    wireless xbox 360 controller on win10 without reciever: i have game on my pc what works with xbox 360 controller but i have only wireless ones and i wont buy reciever... with switch controllers it work via bluetooth but i tried it with x360 ones but...
  10. Xbox 360 wireless controller battery case

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox 360 wireless controller battery case: I would like to know where I may purchase an Xbox 360 wireless controller battery case. My original case had a battery that leaked slightly on one of the contacts. I have it working but would like...