Wireless controller connection issues

Discus and support Wireless controller connection issues in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; I had a wired controller connected to the font of my Xbox one s usb wired controller quit working looked over found shorted cable for controller USB... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by Mixture63, Jan 12, 2022.

1. Mixture63
    Mixture63 Guest

I had a wired controller connected to the font of my Xbox one s usb wired controller quit working looked over found shorted cable for controller USB port no longer works but neither does any wireless controller I’m just curious if anyone has had a similar issue?

:)

Mixture63, Jan 12, 2022
  2. WUIJIBOBO Win User

left stick drift

When I connect a wireless controller, the left analog stick is stuck in down position. This is brand new controller, and have had other controllers do the same . But if I connect these controllers with a cable they work fine. Does anyone know
    of a way to make it where I can use wireless controllers with my system, so my family can play games with me again
    Are you connecting these wireless controllers via Bluetooth, or using the Xbox Wireless Adapter?

If the controllers are working fine when connecting via wire, then it sounds like the controllers themselves are fine, and it's possibly a driver issue, or a wireless connection issue.
  3. maxen Win User

Xbox360 Controller on Windows 10

Wired controllers should work without issue.

For wireless controller you will need the Wireless Gaming Receiver which connects to the PC via USB and then you connect the controller to the Receiver wirelessly.

There should be no issues with either of these controllers working with Windows 10.

If you match the above criteria, what is the issue you are seeing?
  4. ISHC4KES Win User

Console won't search for potential wireless controllers

5. darkenvoy7777 Win User

xbox one s 컨트롤러 [Edit - Translation] - xbox one s controller

Hello Darkenvoy,

Thanks for coming to the forums with your issue. You can go to Device Support. What is exactly the issue with your controller? The controller should be able to connect Via USB cable or wireless. Try this troubleshooting out see if it helps.

https://support.xbox.com/xbox-one/controllers/wireless-controller-solution

Thanks,

Brad
    I do not have a wired connection

I become a wireless connection

Normal products can be connected in both ways

I am not.

And I want to make a wired connection, not a wireless connection.

I went to the link you gave me.

Just because you have a wireless connection

The service was terminated.

I will talk again.

My product is broken there is a wired connection

It is only a wireless connection

OK?
  6. Pasquale C. Win User

Xbox hardware

Hi!

Here is an article explaining how to connect the controller to the console using the pairing button:

Connect an Xbox Wireless Controller to your console

If the issue persists, try to connect the controller using a USB cable.

Please, let us know :)

Regards
Thema:

1. Wireless controller connection issues - Similar Threads - Wireless controller connection

2. Xbox wireless controller connection issues

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox wireless controller connection issues: Hello, In the recent months I got an Xbox series s as well as a 4 terabyte external hdd. At first it was all going well until one day eventually my controller wouldn’t connect. It would turn on...
  3. Using a wireless controller with a wired connection (wireless signal vs. wired signal)

in XBoX on Consoles
    Using a wireless controller with a wired connection (wireless signal vs. wired signal): Similar questions have been answered before, but I could not find an answer that specifically addresses wireless vs. wired signals. Doing a tiny bit of research, I have uncovered the obvious -...
  4. Xbox Wireless Controller connected to PC via Bluetooth will not reconnect after going to sleep

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Xbox Wireless Controller connected to PC via Bluetooth will not reconnect after going to sleep: I have my Series X|S controller connected to my computer via Bluetooth. When it's not being used for a bit it turns off, which is normal behaviour. However, when I turn it back on by pressing the...
  5. WiFi and wireless controller can’t connect.

in XboX Insiders
    WiFi and wireless controller can’t connect.: I can’t connect to the internet through WiFi when I go to select WiFi networks none pop up and it directs me to enter my own SSID. I also can’t use a controller unless it is connected via usb. I...
  6. Xbox won't allow controllers to stay connected wirelessly

in XBoX on Windows
    Xbox won't allow controllers to stay connected wirelessly: I've tried multiple wireless controllers but they don't stay connected for more than 3 minutes before disconnecting from the console. I've checked for updates on the controllers but that's not the...
  7. My xbox wireless controller is not connecting to my MacBook

in XBoX Games and Apps
    My xbox wireless controller is not connecting to my MacBook: Hey everyone, I was just wondering if you could help me out. When I try to connect my Xbox One wireless controller to my Mac it is saying it is connected on the Bluetooth menu on my Mac but when...
  8. New Xbox Wireless Controller doesn't connect and work with Xbox 360 S; help please?

in XBoX on Consoles
    New Xbox Wireless Controller doesn't connect and work with Xbox 360 S; help please?: Hello, My new Xbox Wireless Controller doesn't connect and work with my Xbox 360 S! I have tried all the troubleshooting steps that are on the Xbox and Microsoft websites but still cannot get it...
  9. Xbox controller doesn't connect to Xbox One wirelessly but working fine with wire cable.

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox controller doesn't connect to Xbox One wirelessly but working fine with wire cable.: Earlier my Xbox One and Xbox controller was working fine wirelessly but recently I'm encountering some problem connecting the controller to Xbox one wirelessly. It is connecting via cable and...
  10. xbox手柄使用无线连接器之后连接成功变暗但是随即马上熄灭,且无法连接电脑 [Xbox controller connection issues with Xbox Wireless...

in XBoX Games and Apps
    xbox手柄使用无线连接器之后连接成功变暗但是随即马上熄灭,且无法连接电脑 [Xbox controller connection issues with Xbox Wireless...: xbox手柄使用 线连接器之后连接成功变暗但是随即马上熄灭,且 法连接电脑 [THE TEXT BELOW IS MACHINE TRANSLATED AND MAY NOT BE AN ACCURATE REPRESENTATION OF THE ORIGINAL POST] the xbox handle uses a wireless connector after the...