Wireless controller not binding with the console most of the times, in energy saving mode

Discus and support Wireless controller not binding with the console most of the times, in energy saving mode in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; Hi all, I purchased an XBOX One X console a month ago, in Singapore. I noticed that when i power on the console by the X button in the wireless... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by NikoDN, Dec 18, 2018.

1. NikoDN
    NikoDN Guest

Wireless controller not binding with the console most of the times, in energy saving mode

Hi all,

I purchased an XBOX One X console a month ago, in Singapore.

I noticed that when i power on the console by the X button in the wireless controller, 7 out of 10 times the controller does not bind with the console and the X button flashes.

Although there are a few times that it does bind very fast and the X button stays solid lit.

I called Microsoft support and they initiated a controller replacement.

I got the new controller but guess what? issue persists.

Then i called them again and they proposed to send replacement console, claimimg that it could be the wireless adapter in the console.

But i have the following problems before i send my console back for replacement:

1. I only purchased that console a month ago "as brand new". The one that i will receive it will be a refurbished one. Even if they call it MS certified, it should be a console that came out of repair and that is unfair for me. I only got my console for
    a month, not for a year!

2. I have Red Dead Redemption 2 saves (63%) that i cannot discard that easily by sending the console back. I don to have XBOX Live gold subscription to move them to cloud. And i am not willing to buy one as i am not a hard core gamer.

3. When is switch the console power mode from "energy saving" to "Instant on", the problem disappears. Looks like it is only in "energy saving" mode.

4. There is no problem when i connect my controller via cable (obviously).

Do you have any suggestions for me?

Much appreciated

Nikos

:)

NikoDN, Dec 18, 2018
  2. Smwutches Win User

I've seen it mentioned quite a bit, but I'm not sure if it is something Microsoft is aware of or not. If that solution did not fix it, you may want to go forward with the replacement. I know you started one with Microsoft, but have you checked with the retailer
    you purchased it from to see if they can exchange it? That way you would get a new console.

As far as the saves, there is no way to manage cloud storage so you won't see it listed in your storage.
  3. NikoDN Win User

There has been an issue with controllers doing that since an update in November. Try plugging the controller and doing a hard reset (hold down the power button on the console for 10 second to turn it off, unplug the console, plug it back in, and turn it
    back on).

FYI, for issue #2, Gold is not required to use the cloud on the One. As long as you're signed into Live, your game is automatically stored in the cloud.
    Thank you very much.

I did that reset last time with the customer support guy on the phone, but no luck.

Is it something that MS is aware of and will be fixed in next firmware? Because in the customer support they did not even knw about it.

And for No. 2 question, is there a way to verify that my save is on the cloud? i go to settings -> storage but i cannot see any identification for cloud so i need a way to verify that my save is indeed on the cloud.

Thanks a lot again
  4. Smwutches Win User

There has been an issue with controllers doing that since an update in November. Try plugging the controller and doing a hard reset (hold down the power button on the console for 10 second to turn it off, unplug the console, plug it back in, and turn it
    back on).

FYI, for issue #2, Gold is not required to use the cloud on the One. As long as you're signed into Live, your game is automatically stored in the cloud.
  5. taidara Win User

Xbox gives DCHP error with ethernet cable

Make sure you have Energy-saving power mode enabled. If you connect multiple Xboxes through this Ruckus device, then make sure these are also set to Energy-saving mode.

Please clarify; do you have this problem regardless if your console is connected wireless or wired?
  6. ArminatorX Win User

Small noise from Xbox One S while turned off

Since you say you use it in energy saving mode, it probably is "coil whine" from the internal power supply.

Even though the console is in energy saving mode, it has to be able to be started from the wireless controller, so the console still has a few devices powered and in standby, so it can be started wirelessly.

If the noise you describe really is coil whine from the power supply or another wireless component that stays powered during energy saving mode, there really is nothing you can do about it, as the solutions from the article linked above are for PCs that
    you can put into an insulated casing and the likes.

If the sound is really annoying you, the only option is then to unplug the console or put it on a

remote controlled outlet
Thema:

1. Wireless controller not binding with the console most of the times, in energy saving mode - Similar Threads - Wireless controller binding

2. xbox wireless controller, driver error

in XBoX on Consoles
    xbox wireless controller, driver error: so today i was trying to connect my xbox controller to my laptop (ideapad-S145-15API is the name of it) and it wouldnt connect . i tried connecting my usb cable from my computer to my controller,...
  3. LT and RT are on same axis for xbox wireless controller

in XBoX on Windows
    LT and RT are on same axis for xbox wireless controller: Recently bought a new wireless controller from an authorized store and after checking properties, it shows that LT and RT are on the same axis when triggered as such the i am playing game does not...
  4. Xbox one wireless controller

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox one wireless controller: Hi, I have an Xbox one wireless controller which has broken. I was charging it using a venom docking station. I have purchased a new wireless controller but couldn’t find an Xbox one specific one,...
  5. How do I connect my Xbox one S controller wirelessly to the console?

in XBoX on Consoles
    How do I connect my Xbox one S controller wirelessly to the console?: How do I connect my Xbox one S controller wirelessly to the console? whenever i try to connect it fails. 45bb4f6f-fd17-479a-8ae5-8c84a373573d
  6. Xbox controller as wireless audio reciever on Windows PC, please remove timeout or set it...

in XBoX on Windows
    Xbox controller as wireless audio reciever on Windows PC, please remove timeout or set it...: I've been using the Xbox controllers (one and series x) to transmit audio to my wired headphones while gaming but also when watching Youtube or just using the Windows PC. But what I find...
  7. Xbox Series X/S wireless controller won't connect to bluetooth no matter what I do

in XBoX on Windows
    Xbox Series X/S wireless controller won't connect to bluetooth no matter what I do: Yes you read that title correctly, I already did whatever step there is known to man. But this controller, which is just 3 months old, just decided to stop connecting to any devices via Bluetooth....
  8. Controller and Wireless Headset Disconnecting

in XBoX Accessibility
    Controller and Wireless Headset Disconnecting: I have noticed when playing games with my friends or even by myself, my controller disconnects and the Xbox button starts blinking like it is trying to pair with the Xbox. The headset starts...
  9. wireless analog controller mapping/bindings problem?

in XBoX on Windows
    wireless analog controller mapping/bindings problem?: I want to be able to use my controller with win 7 wirelessly, the problem is that the functions are not bound to the correct function..I have a windows xbox 1 controllerwireless adaptor which...
  10. Xbox wireless controller not binding

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox wireless controller not binding: My WIndows 10 computer recognizes the adapter stick, which is plugged in with the extension cable, but when I turn on the adapter then try binding the Xbox One controller, they don't connect....