Wireless Display App causing Halo:MCC connection issues

Discus and support Wireless Display App causing Halo:MCC connection issues in XBoX Games and Apps to solve the problem; Hi All, Don't ask me why, but it seems that having the Wireless Display Preview app installed on your Xbox is causing havoc with the latest Halo MCC... Discussion in 'XBoX Games and Apps' started by oOo GH0ST oOo, May 4, 2015.

1. Wireless Display App causing Halo:MCC connection issues

Hi All,

Don't ask me why, but it seems that having the Wireless Display Preview app installed on your Xbox is causing havoc with the latest Halo MCC update. everyone on the waypoint forums including myself have been unable to find any games or join our friends in
    lobbies.

After Uninstalling the Wireless Display app and hard rebooting (holding down the power button) we all have been able to find games and join each other instantly.

Trying to spread this around as I know a lot of people are having the connection issues, and to bring it to MS attention!

:)

oOo GH0ST oOo, May 4, 2015
  2. master_45
    master_45 Guest
    Help getting Windows 10 xbox app to see Xbox One

I had a similar issue with this. My fix was changing the name of my xbox one and refreshing the app to see the new name.
    Also had to make sure the wireless display app was installed in the xbox one.

master_45, May 4, 2015
  3. Cannot join games over WIRED connection only.

Game: Halo MCC

Router: Motorola SBG6580

NAT: wired and wireless OPEN, behind cone NAT

Problem: unable to join in-game parties over wired connection. But wireless works ok. I am able to join xbox live parties either way.

What can I do to allow full functionality over WIRED connection?

Saiyan Slayr915, May 4, 2015
  4. G1 GlaciusPrime Win User

Wireless Display app refuses to connect to PC

No, it's not the game streaming that's not working. I've never had an issue streaming with the Xbox app on PC. It's the new Wireless Display app on Xbox One that I'm having the issue with. My PC just will not connect to it.
  5. GhostRydr117PR Win User

HOLDING DOWN X,Y, OR A CAUSING XBOX TO TRY AND SHUT DOWN, EXIT TO DASHBOARD OR LAUNCH PREVIEW DASHBOARD

I'm having a similar issue. When prompted in, say, Destiny or Halo MCC to hold down the X-button, sometimes I'm abruptly taken to the dashboard or another app (like Upload) is launched. Naturally, that can be very annoying during gameplay, whether online
    or offline. What could be causing the issue?
  6. PalmettoBling Win User

Xbox one

So the answer is yes. The term "Wireless display" is sort of a misnomer. The display isn't actually wireless, it's more like Remote Desktop, where you're controlling the PC on a different device without the display DIRECTLY (where the wireless part comes
    in) connected to the device.

So this article loosely outlines how it works. You'll need the Wireless Display app installed on the PC and the
    Xbox One, and they'll need to be connected to the same local network. You'll connect the two in the app, and then control the PC via the app. A mouse and keyboard hooked up to the Xbox One are the best methods for controlling that, but you could put your
    PC in Big Picture mode if you want to control it more easily that way.

It's more like reverse streaming via the Xbox App, but using the Wireless Display app, so it won't be a wireless display, per se, but it will need to be wired to your Xbox.

Let us know if you have any problems or questions in trying to get that set up, and we'll be happy to help!
  7. ZTROOPER16 Win User

Halo mcc question

ITs not a cloud issue its the Game. HALO MCC is broken. I only bought HALO MCC for the single player cause im not fan of the MP which is broken. 4 weeks and my GS still hasnt unlocked. I just hope what MS/343 is going to offer for dealing with this broken
    game is worth it.
  8. Varxtis Win User

Xbox One Wireless Display

Came across this thread 'cause Im curious about the same question.

@G v zauBerBerg -

I feel like your response still leaves the matter a bit vague. You said that the Wireless Display "is not a full remote controll of your Computer!". This makes sense, and could liken the Xbox One Wireless Display app as merely a monitor for your PC. But
    then you said "But you can also put a Mouse and Keyboard on your XBOX ONE, and some apps and games support this."

Can you confirm if plugging such adapters will or will not work with Wireless Display app? I have connected a logitech keyboard to the Xbox and the xbox recognizes the keyboard for most (if not all) type-field tasks. But when I go into Wireless Display and
    try to use the keyboard, I get "to enable input, go to the Action Center on your PC and select...". Im wondering if the Wireless Display will in fact allow you to use a keyboard connected to the Xbox while displaying the PC, and that maybe its a matter
    of enabling certain permissions on the PC.

Oooor, far more likely, that Wireless Display is merely a monitor and the PC will not rspond to any mice/keyboards connected to the Xbox One.

Can you please help clarify this?
Thema:

Wireless Display App causing Halo:MCC connection issues

1. Wireless Display App causing Halo:MCC connection issues - Similar Threads - Wireless Display App

2. Wireless display app

in XBoX on Windows
    Wireless display app: So im trying to use the wireless display to cast from my pc to xbox one x. I have set up the app on my xbox one, but cant find the xbox under the connect option on my pc. It doesnt show up as a...
  3. Wireless Display App

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Wireless Display App: I am trying to play my steam games through my Xbox One X. Both are hard wire connected to my home network. I am able to connect to the Xbox one and "duplicate" my screen with the wireless display...
  4. Xbox Wireless Display App - Android phone

in XBoX on Mobile
    Xbox Wireless Display App - Android phone: Hi When using the Wireless Display app on my Xbox my phone is unable to see the Xbox when attempting to setup screen cast. Same issue on two phones so issue seems to be with Xbox. Any ideas?...
  5. Windows 10 cant find the xbox one wireless display app?

in XBoX on Windows
    Windows 10 cant find the xbox one wireless display app?: i just downloaded the wireless display app on my Xbox one to be able to stream my PC game via my Xbox to the TV but my PC wont discover the Xbox when i try to connect to it (win+p)??...
  6. Multiple Controller With Wireless Display app

in XBoX on Windows
    Multiple Controller With Wireless Display app: Hi, i'm using wireless display app on my xbox but there is a problem; if i connect 2 contoller to xbox windows only see one controller in input [img] there is a way to connect 2 controller...
  7. wireless display app for xbox

in XBoX on Consoles
    wireless display app for xbox: Hi! I have downloaded the wireless display app on my xbox one x, and cecked my pc for every possible compatibility issues, and everything is ok, from my graphic card (nvidia 1660ti) to my WIFI...
  8. Xbox wireless display app and mouse support

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Xbox wireless display app and mouse support: Can we get mouse support on the xbox wireless display app? I use it when i go to the bedroom to stream my pc games but several games require a actual mouse. The controller as the mouse wont cut...
  9. Need mouse support for wireless display app

in XboX Insiders
    Need mouse support for wireless display app: The wireless display app is nearly perfect but it needs support for a mouse. I use this in my bedroom at night but I own several pc games that need mouse support and the controller mouse is not a...
  10. I can not project my computer to the Xbox One with the Wireless Display app

in XBoX Games and Apps
    I can not project my computer to the Xbox One with the Wireless Display app: Hello, I am French so excuse me from my english. My problem is this, I can not display my computer on my Xbox One. I use the "project" feature of my computer and the Xbox One displays connection...