Wireless Display on Series S - can’t get my controller to function as mouse or gamepad for...

Discus and support Wireless Display on Series S - can’t get my controller to function as mouse or gamepad for... in XboX Insiders to solve the problem; I did some searching and haven’t been able to find any relevant posts in the last two years. I just got a new Series S and I’m trying to use the... Discussion in 'XboX Insiders' started by /u/muskamj57, Mar 22, 2021.

1. /u/muskamj57
    /u/muskamj57 Guest

Wireless Display on Series S - can’t get my controller to function as mouse or gamepad for...

I did some searching and haven’t been able to find any relevant posts in the last two years. I just got a new Series S and I’m trying to use the Wireless Display feature with my PC to play Steam games and do other tasks using my TV. The Xbox connects to my PC just fine, but I can’t get the controller to work as a mouse or gamepad. I did check the box on my PC allowing for input. Has anyone else tried this? Are there any steps I might be missing? Should I report this as a potential bug?

submitted by /u/muskamj57
    [link] [comments]

/u/muskamj57, Mar 22, 2021
  2. stoxxl Win User

Forza Horizon 4 xbox 360 controller[Forza Horizon 4 xbox 360 controller]

everything is working, game starts, keybord and mouse working also in game

Gamepad is connected but i can´t control with gamepad in game
  3. BlitzGear02 Win User

My Controller is Severely Messing up my PC in every game I play with it.

That’s not a controller issue, the Xbox Wireless Controllers don’t have a reputation for obliterating computers. My controllers, which include the Series X|S version and the Xbox One version, both connect and work fine with it.

(With the exception of the Series X|S controller being almost completely unusable right now for me, due to firmware bugs. But even with those bugs, it didn’t screw up my computer or the game I was playing.)

Maybe the game you’re trying to play doesn’t have gamepad support?
  4. sandy the hippy Win User

Xbox keyboard and mouse?

I think the specifics of the question aren't about using mouse and keyboard, but rather if you can use a keyboard and mouse that operate via a wireless dongle.

That is, plug dongle into Xbox, then mouse and keyboard comme t to dongle, wirelessly.

I'm not sure that this works, though.

Upon looking at support site, which specifically states WIRED USB keyboard and mouse, so I'm unsure

EDIT: , there may in fact be models supported by console that are wireless, but not just any wireless keyboard will function so check first
  5. H3PA80R Win User

Watchdogs Legion info & discussion

Can´t wait to play it. Loved the first 2 games of the series. Also the function to control every NPC you wan´t sounds really awesome!
  6. ArminatorX Win User

wireless mouse

I have an XBOX ONE and i was just wondering if there was a way to use a wireless mouse with the console . there are times it would be easier to use than the controller. thank you for listening to my question.
    In the November Update, keyboard and mouse support is enabled for the games Minecraft, Warframe and Fortnite only.

As for wireless mice: You can't "directly" connect a standard wireless mouse to the console. Most wireless mice come with a small USB dongle, that provides the wireless connection. You can simply plug that USB dongle into the console's USB port(s) (if necessary
    use a USB hub), and the wireless mouse can be used in games that support the mouse.

In all other games, the mouse will not work.
Thema:

1. Wireless Display on Series S - can’t get my controller to function as mouse or gamepad for... - Similar Threads - Wireless Display Series

2. PC does not display Xbox as Wireless display device

in XBoX Games and Apps
    PC does not display Xbox as Wireless display device: Hi all, I installed the Wireless Display App on my Xbox Series X (XBSX). The app says it’s ready to connect. On my Win10 PC (10.0.19041 build 19041), I’ve added the XBSX via the "Bluetooth or...
  3. Wireless Display won't connect to Xbox Series X

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Wireless Display won't connect to Xbox Series X: The Wireless Display App for the Xbox will not connect to my laptop's display. My laptop finds the device under connect, but once I start connecting, it will say "Laptop is about to project" for...
  4. : New X-Box Series S not displaying wireless networks

in XboX Networking Hardware
    : New X-Box Series S not displaying wireless networks: : New X-Box Series S not displaying wireless networks Have just gotten my new Series S - needed an update from the start but couldn't connect to wireless. Connected direct to my modem (Telstra...
  5. Multiple Controller With Wireless Display app

in XBoX on Windows
    Multiple Controller With Wireless Display app: When using Wireless Display App on my Xbox One, to mirror my PC and play PC only games through the Xbox if 2 controllers are connect to the Xbox they both work but they act as only 1 When moving...
  6. Wireless display Xbox one password is forgotten

in XBoX Accessibility
    Wireless display Xbox one password is forgotten: I forgot my wireless display password and and I restarted my Xbox one to factory settings a several times now but when I install the wireless display app again and try to connect with my phone it...
  7. Wireless connection form decides to display on console

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Wireless connection form decides to display on console: how can i prevent any devices from connecting to my console, someone thinks their funny and keep connecting while im playing a game 3c6e1959-e6ef-4f28-b8ea-768b80d0ea04
  8. Wireless display app, controller not working

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Wireless display app, controller not working: Hi I have connected the laptop to the display of the Xbox and can move the mouse pointer around ok, however no buttons are working so cant click on anything on the laptop or start a game on...
  9. Xbox wireless display app

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Xbox wireless display app: I live remotely and would find this feature of benifit. By pre down loading and streamin Films &TV content offline. I just got my s20 and the phone has a visable wireless network now on the Xbox...
  10. Xbox Wireless Display work on mac?

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Xbox Wireless Display work on mac?: Hey, I am looking for clarification on how exactly the xbox wireless display app works. Can it connect to my pc/mac and play my steam library through the console? Or does it just mirror it. From...