Wireless Gaming Adapters: can not connect to windows 10 via bluetooth

Discus and support Wireless Gaming Adapters: can not connect to windows 10 via bluetooth in XboX Networking Hardware to solve the problem; Wireless Gaming Adapters: can not connect to windows 10 via bluetooth Hi, i purchased a xbox wireless controler (latest model) and whant to use the... Discussion in 'XboX Networking Hardware' started by TorstenTri, Nov 20, 2016.

1. TorstenTri
    TorstenTri Guest

Hi,

i purchased a xbox wireless controler (latest model) and whant to use the controller on my windows 10 pc. My pc does not find the controller. Other bluetooth devices connect well to this pc.

The same result with two other windows 10 pcs.

The controller otself works fine when connected via usb cable.

Any clues?

Thanks

:)

TorstenTri, Nov 20, 2016
  2. Xbox one controller pc

Hi,

There are three ways to connect an Xbox One Wireless controller to a Windows 10 PC. You may connect it via USB, Xbox Wireless (Built-in or with Xbox Wireless Adapter for Windows), or Bluetooth connection. If your device doesn't have Bluetooth capability
    and you don't want to connect it via USB, the option you can use is via Xbox Wireless built-in or Xbox Wireless Adapter for Windows. Here are the steps:

1. On your PC, go to Settings > Devices.
    2. Choose Add Bluetooth or other device.
    3. Select Everything else.
    4. Select Xbox Wireless Controller.
    5. Click Done.
    If your device doesn't have Xbox Wireless built-in, you'll need to get an Xbox Wireless Adapter. You may purchase it through online Microsoft Store. Refer to this link for more information:

Xbox Wireless Adapter for Windows

Refer to this
    link
    for the steps on how to set up the Xbox Wireless Adapter for Windows.

Let us know if you have other questions. We'd be glad to further assist you.

Catherine Cus., Nov 20, 2016
  3. Does the newer controller (with Bluetooth support) still be able to use the wireless receiver?

Yes, the wireless adapter works and is probably the preferred way to use the controller. Xbox One controllers connected to windows 10 PC's via Bluetooth cause a noticeable performance drop in games. Connect with a wire or the wireless adapter and the performance
    hit is not present. Funny thing is no other Bluetooth controller causes a performance drop in games. It is something specific to the Xbox One controller.

Edit - Oops, Just noticed how old this thread was...

Shifted Screen, Nov 20, 2016
  4. XBF Diego M Win User

Can the X Box One Wireless Controller with Bluetooth also be used with the X Box One Wireless Adapter for Windows 10?

Hi Beau,

Thank you for coming to the Xbox forums, I'd be happy to answer that.

The Xbox One Wireless controller with Bluetooth can be connected to a Windows 10 PC with a USB cable, Bluetooth, or with the Xbox Wireless Adapter for Windows 10, so yes, it can be connected via the adapter. The Xbox Wireless Adapter for Windows 10 is not
    compatible with an Xbox 360 controller and will need the Xbox 360 Wireless Gaming Receiver for Windows. I'll provide the support articles with this information:

I hope this helps!
  5. ArminatorX Win User

Elite Series 2

Das bezieht sich auf die Nutzung des Elite 2 Controllers mit Windows 7/8.1 Betriebssystemen.

Eine Liste der nicht unterstützten Funktionen für Android und Windows 7/8.1 findest Du auf dieser Seite:

https://support.xbox.com/xbox-on-wi...ller-differences-on-windows-operating-systems

Beispielsweise kannst Du über den Xbox Wireless Adapter für Windows 10 oder via Bluetooth den Controller drahtlos mit Windows 10 Verbinden. Bei Windows 7/8.1 wird diese Art der drahtlosen Verbindung "nicht unterstützt".

Ebenso wird angeschlossenes Controllerzubehör (z.B. das Chatpad) nicht über eine Bluetooth Verbindung unterstützt. Über USB oder Xbox Wireless Adapter jedoch schon.

Über den Wireless Adapter und USB Verbindung kannst Du den Game Sound an den Controller und ein dort angeschlossenes Headset übertragen. Über Bluetooth kannst Du nur Sprach Chat an das Controller Headset bekommen. Und unter Windows 7/8.1 geht generell kein
    Game Sound über den Controller.

[Translation]

The "not supported" functions are in regards to Windows 7/8.1 and Android.

A list of what is or is not supported is on this website:

https://support.xbox.com/xbox-on-wi...ller-differences-on-windows-operating-systems

For example, you can connect the Elite 2 Controller wireless via Bluetooth or Xbox Wireless Adapter for Windows 10 only on Windows 10. For Windows 7/8.1 that type of wireless connection is not supported.

Additionally connected controller accessories (e.g. the Chatpad) are not supported via Bluetooth. But are supported via Xbox Wireless Adapter.

You can listen to game sound through a headset connected to the controller only via USB or Xbox Wireless Adapter. But via Bluetooth only voice chat is supported. And on Windows 7/8.1 game sound isn't possible at all through the controller.
  6. Catherine Cus. Win User

Xbox one controller pc

Hi,

There are three ways to connect an Xbox One Wireless controller to a Windows 10 PC. You may connect it via USB, Xbox Wireless (Built-in or with Xbox Wireless Adapter for Windows), or Bluetooth connection. If your device doesn't have Bluetooth capability
    and you don't want to connect it via USB, the option you can use is via Xbox Wireless built-in or Xbox Wireless Adapter for Windows. Here are the steps:

1. On your PC, go to Settings > Devices.
    2. Choose Add Bluetooth or other device.
    3. Select Everything else.
    4. Select Xbox Wireless Controller.
    5. Click Done.
    If your device doesn't have Xbox Wireless built-in, you'll need to get an Xbox Wireless Adapter. You may purchase it through online Microsoft Store. Refer to this link for more information:

Xbox Wireless Adapter for Windows

Refer to this
    link
    for the steps on how to set up the Xbox Wireless Adapter for Windows.

Let us know if you have other questions. We'd be glad to further assist you.
  7. Shifted Screen Win User

Does the newer controller (with Bluetooth support) still be able to use the wireless receiver?

Yes, the wireless adapter works and is probably the preferred way to use the controller. Xbox One controllers connected to windows 10 PC's via Bluetooth cause a noticeable performance drop in games. Connect with a wire or the wireless adapter and the performance
    hit is not present. Funny thing is no other Bluetooth controller causes a performance drop in games. It is something specific to the Xbox One controller.

8. Shifted Screen Win User

Does the newer controller (with Bluetooth support) still be able to use the wireless receiver?

Thema:

1. Wireless Gaming Adapters: can not connect to windows 10 via bluetooth - Similar Threads - Wireless Gaming Adapters

2. Game doesn't receive controller input after windows update (Wireless with adapter)

in XBoX on Windows
    Game doesn't receive controller input after windows update (Wireless with adapter): Hi, Last night my xbox one controller worked perfectly while gaming but as of today (after windows 7 update) my controller can still connect to my wireless adapter but the controller input doesn't...
  3. Wireless Gaming Adapters: RCA stereo outputs

in XboX Networking Hardware
    Wireless Gaming Adapters: RCA stereo outputs: Wireless Gaming Adapters: RCA stereo outputs Hello Rich! Thanks for bringing this inquiry to our attention here on the forums. I understand you have questions about a Gaming chairs features...
  4. Wireless Gaming Adapters: No party audio or chat/ No audio at all

Wireless Gaming Adapters: No party audio or chat/ No audio at all: Wireless Gaming Adapters: No party audio or chat/ No audio at all Hey Sophie! Thank you for bringing this to our attention! Since this is happening with more than one headset, let's make sure...
  5. Wireless Gaming Adapters: wireless mouse

Wireless Gaming Adapters: wireless mouse: Wireless Gaming Adapters: wireless mouse I have an XBOX ONE and i was just wondering if there was a way to use a wireless mouse with the console . there are times it would be easier to use than...
  6. Wireless Gaming Adapters: xbox connection

Wireless Gaming Adapters: xbox connection: Wireless Gaming Adapters: xbox connection Try following steps: 1. Switch off ur router 2. Switch off the Xbox by holding the power button for about 10 sec. 3. Disconnect the Xbox from power...
  7. Wireless Gaming Adapters: Xbox 360

Wireless Gaming Adapters: Xbox 360: Wireless Gaming Adapters: Xbox 360 Hi there, if you are experiencing issues connecting to Xbox Live then please try the steps on the following support pages: Xbox 360:...
  8. Wireless Gaming Adapters: Xbox controller mic jack not working

Wireless Gaming Adapters: Xbox controller mic jack not working: Wireless Gaming Adapters: Xbox controller mic jack not working I would try these suggested or check to see if the turtle headphones work as well a5b6d96c-c637-4dd1-814c-81d4fd7e9ec9
  9. Wireless Gaming Adapters: Wireless connection problems

Wireless Gaming Adapters: Wireless connection problems: Wireless Gaming Adapters: Wireless connection problems I am having an issue with my new Xbox one X Initially I had no problems and was able to connect to wifi, but I got home after work and...
  10. Wireless Gaming Adapters: Xbox not working

Wireless Gaming Adapters: Xbox not working: Wireless Gaming Adapters: Xbox not working Hi there, for any information on how to get a console repaired , please see the following link, it has all the steps,requirements and information...