Wireless Gaming Adapters: Multiplayer is related to mtu settings

Discus and support Wireless Gaming Adapters: Multiplayer is related to mtu settings in XboX Networking Hardware to solve the problem; Wireless Gaming Adapters: Multiplayer is related to mtu settings hello can't play article 5 in rainbow6 seige screen shows connecting and never starts... Discussion in 'XboX Networking Hardware' started by SlickBison95914, Jun 26, 2018.

1. Wireless Gaming Adapters: Multiplayer is related to mtu settings

hello can't play article 5 in rainbow6 seige screen shows connecting and never starts is it related to mtu settings of 4g hotspot which is 1340.pls confirm how to change it to xbox compatibility.

:)

SlickBison95914, Jun 26, 2018
  2. Old Hippie 1
    Old Hippie 1 Guest
    Connectivity Problem With Verizon

OK, the new router is a Actiontec GT704-WGB. I have received the following error message:

Your network doesn't have sufficient MTU setting. Xbox live requires a minimum MTU setting of 1364.

>>>THE MTU SETTING ON MY ROUTER IS 1500<<<

I have recieved other error messages before adjusting the MTU, but this seems to be the only one I am getting now.

Would the fact that I have the older first gen Xbox 360 Elite and use one of the older single antenna wireless adapters have anything to do with it. I read somewhere that the older wireless adapter is using wireless mode 802.11a and that it might not work
    on newer gateways. Is that true? It works at my daughters house, my sons house and by stealing...er...borrowing my neighbors signal. I agree, I think my Verizon is trying to "diddle" me.

Old Hippie 1, Jun 26, 2018
  3. REG23WILL
    REG23WILL Guest
    Can't Connect to Xbox Live, it's saying increase your MTU Settings, I have a HP computer...Please help

I can't connect to my xbox live, I have a wireless adapter. It's saying to increase my MTU settings but I'm having no success. I don't have a router, I just have a wireless connection to an unsecured network. please call me

[REMOVED - DO NOT POST PERSONAL INFORMATION]

REG23WILL, Jun 26, 2018
  4. Old Hippie 1 Win User

Connectivity Problem With Verizon

OK, the new router is a Actiontec GT704-WGB. I have received the following error message:

Your network doesn't have sufficient MTU setting. Xbox live requires a minimum MTU setting of 1364.

>>>THE MTU SETTING ON MY ROUTER IS 1500<<<

I have recieved other error messages before adjusting the MTU, but this seems to be the only one I am getting now.

Would the fact that I have the older first gen Xbox 360 Elite and use one of the older single antenna wireless adapters have anything to do with it. I read somewhere that the older wireless adapter is using wireless mode 802.11a and that it might not work
    on newer gateways. Is that true? It works at my daughters house, my sons house and by stealing...er...borrowing my neighbors signal. I agree, I think my Verizon is trying to "diddle" me.
  5. SLi Noles Win User

Intermittent Disconnects

I can relate to this problem the best answer would be to use a wired connection. The xbox wireless adapter is not that good. as for your port forwarding are you positive it is set correctly.
  6. Almia Win User

MTU error!

I have a couple questions/suggestions as the MTU in this case is not related to the actual MTU setting but fragmentation due to wireless interference.

First, do you have any other wireless devices you use with the Xbox 360? Things like the Turtle Beach X31 headset will cause MTU thanks to the transmitter being too close to the console. You can solve this by moving the transmitter away.

Also, are you on Wireless N for your network? If so, try switching to Wireless G. G runs in 2.4Ghz and is a lot more stable then N which runs in 5Ghz.

The WRT160N should not inherently cause MTU nor should there be an issue with the signal coming from it, so it's most likely due to a bad setting. Since it's a Linksys it does have the option for WPS or WiFi Protected Setup. Make sure that WPS is DISABLED
    as it will cause problems.

To do this, log into the router and click on Wireless.

It should bring you to the default page which will offer Manual or WiFi Protected Setup and you want to make sure you have it all manually configured.

Go with Mixed mode, Channel 1 OR 11, SSID set to broadcast, and lastly keep the SSID the same (Network name).
  7. Mister Fitzer Win User

Got new wireless adapter, and now getting MTU error

Hey Akya, sorry to hear about the connection issues! So it sounds like you replaced your wireless adapter on the console, but this one is producing an MTU error, which the MTU thread didn't resolve. If this is the case, I'm curious--did you purchase the
    same model adapter, or a different one? Have you since tried simply resetting your network hardware in your home, to see if that helps with the connection issue?
  8. BigBubs64 Win User

Troubles connecting to XBOX LIVE (stuck on MTU error)

What Country/State/Province do you live in? USA/Iowa/Polk County

Modem brand & model number: Marvell Yukon 88E8039 PCI-E Fast Ethernet Controller

Router brand & model number: Lynksys WRT54G

Network Connection Type: Wired

If Wireless, what type of encryption are you using? n/a

If Wireless, are you using a white or black external adapter, or an internal (Xbox 360S) adapter? n/a

Things you have tried: Restarting modem/router, changing MTU to correct setting

Is UPnP Enabled? Yes

Is NAT Type Open? Yes

Any Error Codes you encounter: none, just xbox live connection problems

What type of internet do you have? Cable

Who is your ISP(Internet Service Provider)? Mediacom

After you run "Test Xbox LIVE connection" and click on "More info", what is the exact message shown on screen?

"Your netowrk does not have a sufficient MTU setting. Xbox LIVE requires a minimun MTU setting of 1364"
Thema:

1. Wireless Gaming Adapters: Multiplayer is related to mtu settings - Similar Threads - Wireless Gaming Adapters

2. Game doesn't receive controller input after windows update (Wireless with adapter)

in XBoX on Windows
    Game doesn't receive controller input after windows update (Wireless with adapter): Hi, Last night my xbox one controller worked perfectly while gaming but as of today (after windows 7 update) my controller can still connect to my wireless adapter but the controller input doesn't...
  3. Wireless Gaming Adapters: RCA stereo outputs

in XboX Networking Hardware
    Wireless Gaming Adapters: RCA stereo outputs: Wireless Gaming Adapters: RCA stereo outputs Hello Rich! Thanks for bringing this inquiry to our attention here on the forums. I understand you have questions about a Gaming chairs features...
  4. Wireless Gaming Adapters: No party audio or chat/ No audio at all

Wireless Gaming Adapters: No party audio or chat/ No audio at all: Wireless Gaming Adapters: No party audio or chat/ No audio at all Hey Sophie! Thank you for bringing this to our attention! Since this is happening with more than one headset, let's make sure...
  5. Wireless Gaming Adapters: wireless mouse

Wireless Gaming Adapters: wireless mouse: Wireless Gaming Adapters: wireless mouse I have an XBOX ONE and i was just wondering if there was a way to use a wireless mouse with the console . there are times it would be easier to use than...
  6. Wireless Gaming Adapters: xbox connection

Wireless Gaming Adapters: xbox connection: Wireless Gaming Adapters: xbox connection Try following steps: 1. Switch off ur router 2. Switch off the Xbox by holding the power button for about 10 sec. 3. Disconnect the Xbox from power...
  7. Wireless Gaming Adapters: Xbox 360

Wireless Gaming Adapters: Xbox 360: Wireless Gaming Adapters: Xbox 360 Hi there, if you are experiencing issues connecting to Xbox Live then please try the steps on the following support pages: Xbox 360:...
  8. Wireless Gaming Adapters: Xbox controller mic jack not working

Wireless Gaming Adapters: Xbox controller mic jack not working: Wireless Gaming Adapters: Xbox controller mic jack not working I would try these suggested or check to see if the turtle headphones work as well a5b6d96c-c637-4dd1-814c-81d4fd7e9ec9
  9. Wireless Gaming Adapters: Wireless connection problems

Wireless Gaming Adapters: Wireless connection problems: Wireless Gaming Adapters: Wireless connection problems I am having an issue with my new Xbox one X Initially I had no problems and was able to connect to wifi, but I got home after work and...
  10. Wireless Gaming Adapters: Xbox not working

Wireless Gaming Adapters: Xbox not working: Wireless Gaming Adapters: Xbox not working Hi there, for any information on how to get a console repaired , please see the following link, it has all the steps,requirements and information...