Wireless Headset and Controller Connection Issue

Discus and support Wireless Headset and Controller Connection Issue in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; Hello Microsoft, I currently use the Turtle Beach Stealth 700 Gen2 wireless headset. A minor issue I have is that whenever I walk too far away from my... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by VictorRoman1291, Feb 8, 2021.

1. Wireless Headset and Controller Connection Issue

Hello Microsoft,

I currently use the Turtle Beach Stealth 700 Gen2 wireless headset. A minor issue I have is that whenever I walk too far away from my Series X with my headset on, my controller seems to disconnect as well even if it is plugged in. When I return, both my headset and controllers cannot reconnect to my Series X unless I perform a hard reset. I am not sure if other wireless headset cause this problem as well but it is something that should possibly be looked into. This problem does not happen every single time my headset loses connection from being too far away as I am able to reconnect most of the time with minimal issues. I've made sure all firmware on my headset and my controllers are up to date.

:)

VictorRoman1291, Feb 8, 2021
  2. WUIJIBOBO Win User

Xbox One Headset chat

Is the headset wired or wireless? If the headset is wired, it could be an issue with the cable connecting the headset to the controller.
  3. KALEEF Win User

anyone help me my wireless headset is stuck on port 2 and wont sync to port 1

Turn off and disconnect all controllers from the Xbox 360 and disconnect the wireless headsets from the controllers.

Connect the wireless headset to the Xbox 360 using the USB cable. Turn on the wireless headset.

Sync the headset to quadrant 1 by pressing the "Connect" button on the on the Xbox 360. Then press the "Connect" button on the wireless headset for two seconds. Do not continue to press the "Connect" button on the wireless headset, as this will change the
    quadrant to which it is connected. If the headset now works without the controllers attached, the problem must be with one of your controllers. If the headset still does not work, then the problem is with the headset.
  4. Eric Wilborn Win User

xbox blue tooth HELP

Hey there. I assume you're talking about the official Xbox wireless headset. Have you tried the following?

The headset can’t connect to a specific controller

Try the following:

Unplug any wired headsets from the console.

On the wireless headset, press the connect button. Lights on the wireless headset and on the controller are lit when they are connected. If the headset connects to the wrong position on the controller, press the connect button again to switch to the next
    available position.

If your headset still won’t connect, try this:

Disconnect all other accessories from the console.

Turn off all wireless controllers:

Press and hold the Guide button on the controller for three seconds.

Confirm that you want to turn off only the controller.

Press the power button on the wireless headset.

Press the connect button on the console.

Press the connect button on the wireless headset. The lights around the console power button will spin and blink once. The position that remains lit is the position of the wireless headset.

If you want to test if the wireless headset will connect to the other positions, press the connect button again. The wireless headset connects to the next position.
  5. ISS Enterprise Win User

Having problems with my wireless headset.

When connecting a wireless headset and a wired controller, connect the controller first, then the headset. The issue you described may simply have been the headset's battery being too low after the intial use.

Please try to connect in the order described and report back.
  6. KALEEF Win User

anyone help me my wireless headset is stuck on port 2 and wont sync to port 1

Are you using a chatpad on said controller if so try removing it

The other thing is to keep pressing the connect button on the wireless headset as it cycles through the the controller numbers.

If you have a spare controller sync that one to number one then see if the wireless headset connects, if it does then connect your first controler to number 2 and see if the wireless headset will move to 2 also with the connect button.
Thema:

Wireless Headset and Controller Connection Issue

1. Wireless Headset and Controller Connection Issue - Similar Threads - Wireless Headset Controller

2. Xbox series x controller/wireless headset won't connect

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox series x controller/wireless headset won't connect: Hello Sometimes my xboz controller/xbkz branded headaet lost connection to the console unexpectedly. It cannot be synced by holding down the sync button. The only way to fix this is to restart...
  3. Xbox Wireless Controller for Windows 10 cant connect Headset

in XBoX on Windows
    Xbox Wireless Controller for Windows 10 cant connect Headset: Hi, I have a new Xbox wireless controller for windows 10, which came bundled with a new Xbox Series X controller. The drivers are properly installed and I can connect the controller to the...
  4. Wireless headset and controller frequent disconnection

in XBoX on Consoles
    Wireless headset and controller frequent disconnection: Why does my turtle beach and Xbox one controller keep disconnecting over and over? On some occasions it’ll disconnect up to 30 times in a row throughout the day....
  5. Wireless headset and controller keep disconnecting

in XBoX on Consoles
    Wireless headset and controller keep disconnecting: I have had this issue through multiple Xboxes and multiple headsets. I'm pretty sure I started having this issue when I got my Xbox one X but it could have been before that. My controller would...
  6. Headset Doesn’t Work with Wireless Controller

in XBoX on Consoles
    Headset Doesn’t Work with Wireless Controller: Hello, can someone tell me how to fix my headset not working with my wireless controller? Ive had the controller less than 3 months. My headset works completely fine with my two wired controllers....
  7. My controller and wireless headset have trouble staying connected to my Xbox one S

in XBoX on Consoles
    My controller and wireless headset have trouble staying connected to my Xbox one S: I have had a problem with my controller and wireless headset constantly disconnecting from my Xbox for a few seconds at a time. Both the controller and headset are fairly new and this has been a...
  8. My controller and wireless headset have trouble staying connected to my Xbox one S

in XBoX on Consoles
    My controller and wireless headset have trouble staying connected to my Xbox one S: I have had a problem with my controller and wireless headset constantly disconnecting from my Xbox for a few seconds at a time. Both the controller and headset are fairly new and this has been a...
  9. Microsoft PC wired or wireless controllers with not work with my Headset microphone.

in XBoX on Windows
    Microsoft PC wired or wireless controllers with not work with my Headset microphone.: This is beyond frustrating. My headset microphone will not work with either of my Microsoft PC controllers. However, it will work flawlessly with 2 different after market controllers with no...
  10. Xbox Series X Connectivity Problem: Wireless Controllers and Wireless Headsets Randomly...

in XboX Insiders
    Xbox Series X Connectivity Problem: Wireless Controllers and Wireless Headsets Randomly...: I just brought my Series X. Everyday when my SteelSeries Arctis 9X is connected, the audio will completely drop out even though they are still connected/paired whilst remaining on. This is...