Wireless N Network Adapter - No 5GHz

Discus and support Wireless N Network Adapter - No 5GHz in XboX Networking Hardware to solve the problem; Wireless N Network Adapter - No 5GHz Hi Brizza, I’m assuming from your post and replies that this is regarding the Xbox 360. From what I’ve been able... Discussion in 'XboX Networking Hardware' started by Brizza, Nov 12, 2019.

1. Brizza
    Brizza Guest

Hi Brizza, I’m assuming from your post and replies that this is regarding the Xbox 360. From what I’ve been able to find the 360e supports 5ghz bands, while the earlier models do not. I have read that the external adapters for the 360 may support 5ghz,
    however the 360 only has USB 2.0 ports which are super slow. You may want to look into using powerline adapters for a better solution, or trying to change the security standard of your 5ghz network to see if it’ll recognize it (ie using WEP or WPA instead
    of WPA-2). I hope this helps a bit, cheers!

:)

Brizza, Nov 12, 2019
  2. antonelc Win User

Wireless N

The wireless adapter bult in to the xbox 360s does not support a 5ghz frequency. If you where to buy one of the external microsoft wireless n adapters you would be able to use a 5hz connection. You will still more then likely be able to connect to your router
    using your xbox's built in adapter since most routers that support 5ghz will broadcast at both 2.4ghz and 5 ghz , and at wireless b/g/n..

So in short if you where to purchase a new wirless n adapter yes you would be able to connect to a router that only broadcasts a 5ghz wireless n signal. IF you use the built in adapter then no you would not even see a network the solely broadcasts at 5ghz.
  3. Miss Portia Win User

Xbox live problem

Hey there - I believe the issue is a clash between your Xbox and the Turtle Beach transmitter. The White Xbox Wireless G adapter does not run at 5Ghz, only at 2.4Ghz B or G. Since the Turtle Beach transmitter runs at the same frequency, that would cause
    your disconnection issues. The Black "Wireless N" adapter is compatible with 5Ghz Wireless N networks. :)
  4. GMAN990 Win User

Xbox 360s wireless keeps defaulting to wireless g

It is an N adapter , it just talks at 2.4Ghz that's all. You can have Wireless N running at 2.4 and 5Ghz

The external adapter can do 2.4Ghz and 5Ghz, the Internal can do 2.4Ghz, its still a true N adapter
  5. GMAN990 Win User

How can I connect to Wireless N speeds with Xbox 360 Slim (5gHz)?

Hi, the internal adapter for the Xbox 360 Slim supports Wireless N at 2.4Ghz only, not 5Ghz, the black external adapter supports 5Ghz
  6. XA JJKILLERs Win User

So I bought a Wireless N Network Adapter and it recognised it automatically upon plugging it, performed a software update via Xbox Live, but it won't recognise any 5GHz networks, only 2.4GHz ones.

Any ideas on how to get it to work with 5GHz networks?
    Will that adaptor even see 5ghz
Thema:

1. Wireless N Network Adapter - No 5GHz - Similar Threads - Wireless Network Adapter

2. The Xbox 360 Wireless Networking adapter on PC

in XBoX on Windows
    The Xbox 360 Wireless Networking adapter on PC: I Cant seem to find the drivers for the Wireless Networking adapter for wireless internet can anybody help? 42797484-cbdb-4123-af43-0b0da0865229
  3. network adapters ของ xbox wireless adapter for windows ไม่ขึ้น [Adapters Network Xbox...

in XBoX on Windows
    network adapters ของ xbox wireless adapter for windows ไม่ขึ้น [Adapters Network Xbox...: พอดี network adapters ของ xbox wireless adapter for windows ไม่ขึ้นครับ แล้วต้องแก้ยังไง ส่วน adapter ของ xbox พอเสียบเข้ากับ pc แล้วกดไปไฟไม่ติด แล้วขึ้นว่า xbox acc driver is unavailable...
  4. Wireless Gaming Adapters: Xbox one s test connection: your network isn't set up; but xbox ...

in XboX Networking Hardware
    Wireless Gaming Adapters: Xbox one s test connection: your network isn't set up; but xbox ...: Wireless Gaming Adapters: Xbox one s test connection: your network isn't set up; but xbox connection worked 2 weeks ago Check this link for a possible solution:...
  5. Wireless Gaming Adapters: Network and NAT

Wireless Gaming Adapters: Network and NAT: Wireless Gaming Adapters: Network and NAT I would try to login to my live and it says sorry corey. I then try to login to wifi network and itll say the same thing enter your mac manually or...
  6. Wireless Gaming Adapters: Wireless network is not visible to connect in xbox

Wireless Gaming Adapters: Wireless network is not visible to connect in xbox: Wireless Gaming Adapters: Wireless network is not visible to connect in xbox I've had the same problem for ages, it seems the Xbone has a duff network card and randomly can't see any wifi SSIDS....
  7. Wireless Gaming Adapters: Network settings

Wireless Gaming Adapters: Network settings: Wireless Gaming Adapters: Network settings Hello... Im receiving and alert on my console when I log into my xbox live profile.. When its done connecting... Its a service Alert from the xbox...
  8. Wireless Gaming Adapters: My network

Wireless Gaming Adapters: My network: Wireless Gaming Adapters: My network my Wifi isn’t connecting to Xbox one s e430dd79-b4ba-4077-a4d2-80247b5bafa3
  9. Wireless Gaming Adapters: Wireless network problem

Wireless Gaming Adapters: Wireless network problem: Wireless Gaming Adapters: Wireless network problem I can't connect my WIFI to my xbox when i got a new box for the wifi what happened because i put in my password and entered the wifi but it...
  10. Wireless stopped working, says I need network adapter?

in XBoX on Consoles
    Wireless stopped working, says I need network adapter?: My 3 year old 360 started kicking me out of Live, stalling when streaming, disconnecting from online apps, etc. a few weeks ago, and countless trips to the support pages didn't stop the issue. We...