Wireless Network Connection Issues

Discus and support Wireless Network Connection Issues in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; Is anyone else having this issue? When I occasionally turn my Xbox on, none of the wireless networks are appearing? It’s clearly not a fault with our... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by analfissures75, Aug 4, 2018.

1. Wireless Network Connection Issues

Is anyone else having this issue? When I occasionally turn my Xbox on, none of the wireless networks are appearing? It’s clearly not a fault with our WiFi as it is literally not picking up any wireless networks whatsoever. After switching the Xbox on and
    off about 50 times still none of the wireless networks are appearing. Would be great if someone could offer a resolution because I’m starting to get really frustrated with it! Thanks.

:)

analfissures75, Aug 4, 2018
  2. xboxfelix
    xboxfelix Guest
    How to Configure and test your Xbox 360 wireless Internet connection

After you have connected the Xbox 360 Wireless Connecting Adapter to your original Xbox 360 console, you have to configure and test the wireless connection.

Steps to Follow

1. On your controller, press the Guide button and proceed to Settings, then choose System Settings.

2. Go to Network Settings then select the name of your wireless network.

Note: If you do not find your wireless network, go to Advanced Options and then select Specify Unlisted Network. Proceed to enter the name of your wireless network, after which you will be asked to select the security type.

3. Enter your wireless network password.

4. You will get a prompt to update your console software. Select Yes.

Still Not Connecting?

If you get a connection error message after these steps, you should try using the Xbox LIVE Connection Solution to fix the problem.

If your wireless network is not listed in Step 2 above, you can read about how to Improve Xbox Live Speed.

xboxfelix, Aug 4, 2018
  3. djk61387
    djk61387 Guest
    Help getting Windows 10 xbox app to see Xbox One

Oh. and both my PC and Xbox one are connected to the network with a cable. They aren't connected wireless.

djk61387, Aug 4, 2018
  4. denis97g
    denis97g Guest

denis97g, Aug 4, 2018
  5. {Parity}
    {Parity} Guest
    Perform a hard reset EXACTLY like this.

Hold the power button on the console for 8 seconds or until the power shuts down completely. Unplug the power cord from the back of the console for 5 minutes. Plug the power cord back in and restart the console.

Good Luck.

{Parity}, Nov 3, 2018
  6. Catherine Cus. Win User

Cannot connect to Xbox Live on Windows 10

For us to isolate if there's an issue with your wireless connection, we recommend connecting your PC to a wired network. Also, if possible try connecting a different device on your wireless network and check if the same issue occurs.
  7. {Parity} Win User

Perform a hard reset EXACTLY like this.

Hold the power button on the console for 8 seconds or until the power shuts down completely. Unplug the power cord from the back of the console for 5 minutes. Plug the power cord back in and restart the console.

Good Luck.
  8. denis97g Win User

9. GMAN990 Win User

Can't connect to ceartain network (DNS?)

Hi,

No DNS is not the issue here its just that you can't connect to the wireless network at all, until you can connect to the network it won't get an ip address or a DNS address, even if you manually enter an address it won't help because it isn't connected
    to the wireless network.

The router issues the Xbox an ip address and DNS settings, but it won't until has connected to the network first which it can't at the moment.
  10. taidara Win User

Wireless connection.....please help.

Welcome Chizzy!

The Xbox 360 Slim that you have bought for your son has a wireless N network adapter built in. So, simply turn on the console and go to Network settings. Choose your wireless network from the comprehensive list of available wireless network and type in the
    password for your wireless network and that's it.

More information about Xbox LIVE wireless connection:
    http://support.xbox.com/en-US/xbox-live/connecting/wireless

If you have trouble connecting to your wireless network or Xbox LIVE, your welcome back with your issue and we will help you get started.

Good luck!
Thema:

1. Wireless Network Connection Issues - Similar Threads - Wireless Network Connection

2. Can't Connect your wireless network Help for Xbox one S

in XBoX on Consoles
    Can't Connect your wireless network Help for Xbox one S: I have been getting the Can't connect to your wireless network hardware problem all day long. When i tried to put my wifi password in on my brother's xbox it seems to be fine. Is there anything i...
  3. : can't connect to my wireless network

in XboX Networking Hardware
    : can't connect to my wireless network: : can't connect to my wireless network Thanks! I've been dealing with this issue for a week and almost gave up. Found this and 10 minutes later...all systems go! 314b7460-f8b2-43a9-8f37-581651dc83e2
  4. Não conecto a minha rede sem fio [I don't connect my wireless network ]

Não conecto a minha rede sem fio [I don't connect my wireless network ]: Não conecto a minha rede sem fio [I don't connect my wireless network ] Hey there Renata! Sorry to hear that you're dealing with this issue trying to connect to your wireless network. If you're...
  5. BT Home Hub BT Home Hub 5: Cannot connect to wireless network

BT Home Hub BT Home Hub 5: Cannot connect to wireless network: BT Home Hub (Modems/Gateways) BT Home Hub 5: Cannot connect to wireless network Having the same issue? Xbox nor is could help... f19110b3-608b-45f8-b8c3-7ba3fb799e5c
  6. Wireless network not connecting to internet

in XBoX on Consoles
    Wireless network not connecting to internet: Split from this thread. I unplugged my router/modem for a whole 2 minutes and plugged it back in and it still won't connect. Are you saying to unplug the xbox power itself and plug it back in?...
  7. Netgear: Can't connect to wireless router or open network settings on Xbox to connect.

Netgear: Can't connect to wireless router or open network settings on Xbox to connect.: Netgear (Modems/Gateways): Can't connect to wireless router or open network settings on Xbox to connect. Also take a look at this one if the first link does not help: Xbox Live Wireless Network...
  8. Xbox One Taking ages to Connect to my Wireless network

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox One Taking ages to Connect to my Wireless network: I got this issues which is more of a nuisance than a hinderance, in that my Xbox One takes some time to connect to my Wireless Router. It shows no signal or any info on IPv4/IPv6, even though when...
  9. Can't connect to wireless network

in XBoX on Consoles
    Can't connect to wireless network: My Xbox one won't connect to my wireless network. I don't have a problem with my other devices. I have tried restarting the modem without success. The help message suggests that the modem may be...
  10. CANT CONNECT TO WIRELESS NETWORK

in XBoX on Consoles
    CANT CONNECT TO WIRELESS NETWORK: HELP>> I CANT CONNECT TO WIRELESS CONNECTION!!!!!!!!!!! I WATCHED A LOT OF VIDEOS AND NOTHING WORKS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I DID EVERYTHING/ THE BLU RAY CLEARING THING AND ALSO THE ALTERNATE MAC...