Wireless Repeaters/Range Extenders: Windows 10 Media Center setup for Xbox 360

Discus and support Wireless Repeaters/Range Extenders: Windows 10 Media Center setup for Xbox 360 in XboX Networking Hardware to solve the problem; Wireless Repeaters/Range Extenders: Windows 10 Media Center setup for Xbox 360 Hi, I am unable to start the PC software configuration on my Windows... Discussion in 'XboX Networking Hardware' started by AdsorbentWolf1, Jun 17, 2018.

1. Wireless Repeaters/Range Extenders: Windows 10 Media Center setup for Xbox 360

Hi,

I am unable to start the PC software configuration on my Windows 10 for Xbox 360. The Xbox is giving a key that must be entered during the PC setup, but I am not even able to start this process on my pc. Where do I go to find the solution? Can someone kindly
    assist me?

Thanks in advance.

:)

AdsorbentWolf1, Jun 17, 2018
  2. Fla Princess
    Fla Princess Guest
    Wireless Repeaters/Range Extenders: Windows Media Center Extender

Wireless Repeaters/Range Extenders: Windows Media Center Extender
    i have a xbox 360 and i'm trying to sync it with my computer that has windows 10 and when i open windows media center there isn't a "Task" button to click on..i've tried searching for extender to it and nothing is helping...please
    help me figure this out?

Fla Princess, Jun 17, 2018
  3. PB7
    PB7 Guest
    Connect the Xbox 360 to Windows Media Center

By pairing the Xbox 360 with Windows Media Center you can stream movies, music, pictures, and media. Connecting the 360 with your Windows Media Center is actually very easy see below. Official site directions

NOTE: If you were previously using your Xbox 360 with a Windows Media Center XP Based PC, you will need to remove the existing connection.

To remove an existing xp account
    • [1]On the Windows XP Media Center PC
      [2]Click Start, point to All Programs, point to Accessories, point to Media Center, and then click Media Center Extender Manager.
      [3]Select your Xbox 360 and click Properties.
      [4]Click Remove.
      [5]Click Yes to confirm removal.
    On the Windows Vista or Windows 7 Media Center PC

1. Click Start, Windows Media Center.
    2. Select Task, Settings.
    3. Select Extender.
    4. Select your Xbox 360 Media Center Extender.
    5. Select Uninstall.
    On Xbox 360

1. On Xbox 360, go to My Xbox and then System Settings, then select Computers.
    2. Select Windows Media Center, and then press the A button.
    3. Select Disconnect.
    4. Press the B button until you return back to the System Settings.
    If you didn't have to remove a previous connection start here.

STEP 1
    1. Gather Setup Key from Xbox 360
    2. Press the Media Center Start button on the remote or go to My Xbox, then select Windows Media Center. Advance through the on-screen instructions to obtain the 8-digit Media Center Setup Key. Write this key down.
    STEP 2
    Add Extender
    1. At the Windows Vista or Windows 7 Media Center PC, launch Windows Media Center. Select Start, Windows Media Center.
    2. Select Tasks, Add Extender.
    3. When prompted, provide the 8-digit setup key you received from your Xbox 360.
    4. Complete the Extender setup.

4. jaynight92 Win User

Media Center and XBOX wont work - windows 7

My PC is Windows 7 Home Edition, My Xbox and PC are both on a wireless connection, I managed to connect the Media Center just fine, The way I did this is following the step by step instructions on connecting them together. Please double check these instructions
    and see if you missed a step or maybe by mistake did something wrong.

First to be on the safe side do this.

•Click Start, Windows Media Center.

•Select Task, Settings.

•Select Extender.

•Select your Xbox 360 Media Center Extender.

•Select Uninstall.

If you cant find the Xbox 360 Media Center Extender then you may not have it installed yet. After checking this step please try the following.

Gather Setup Key from Xbox 360

•Press the Media Center Start button on the remote or go to My Xbox, then select Windows Media Center.

•Advance through the on-screen instructions to obtain the 8-digit Media Center Setup Key. Write this key down.

Add Extender

•At the Windows Vista or Windows 7 Media Center PC, launch Windows Media Center. Select Start, Windows Media Center.

•Select Tasks, Add Extender.

•When prompted, provide the 8-digit setup key you received from your Xbox 360.

•Complete the Extender setup.

This is the exact way that I have installed the media center using a Wireless connection to both systems and having Windows 7. I am however not sure if network discovery has anything to do with this on your PC.
  5. tjex16 Win User

Streaming Media From Windows Media Player to Xbox 360

During Windows Media Center Extender setup, Windows Firewall has to be updated to allow communication between the Windows Media Center-based computer and the Xbox 360 console. If the Windows Firewall service has been stopped, these updates can't occur. Therefore,
    the Windows Media Center Extender Setup program won't install.(from the support site)
  6. HassanB Win User

Xbox can't connect to pc wirelessly!

@bshafayti - You might want to read up on how to correctly setup the Windows Media Center and the Windows Extender. Please visit:

support.xbox.com/.../windows-media-center
    and select what operating system you are using and follow the directions listed there. If you have followed those instructions there is a link with another help article that takes you to troubleshooting steps with
    the Windows Media Center and Windows Extender which can be found here:
    support.xbox.com/.../media-center-faq
    . It's quite possible that there might be some firewall blocking connection to the XBOX 360 that the PC is not being seen. It could be a multitude of things but please try out the solutions listed on the site and report
    back. Thanks!
  7. Mister Rush Win User

HD Video Not Playing in XBox Media Center

Hi Prosecutor Z,

When you set up the Windows Media Center Extender, did you uninstall the Windows Media Center Extender

as described here
    and they try setting it up again? Also, do these movies show cover art when in the int Media Center or is it not displaying artwork in either app? And when playing these videos through the Media Center app, are you on a wired or wireless
    connection? Do you notice a difference through various connection setups? Let us know. Thanks.
  8. tjex16 Win User

Streaming Media From Windows Media Player to Xbox 360

try Runnning the Windows Media Center Extender Setup program again.
Thema:

1. Wireless Repeaters/Range Extenders: Windows 10 Media Center setup for Xbox 360 - Similar Threads - Wireless Repeaters Range

2. Wireless Repeaters/Range Extenders: Xbox connection

in XboX Networking Hardware
    Wireless Repeaters/Range Extenders: Xbox connection: Wireless Repeaters/Range Extenders: Xbox connection Hi Tae, Is this error coming up on an Xbox one? Would you be able to clarify any steps done to troubleshoot this 'DCHCP' error. I would...
  3. Wireless Repeaters/Range Extenders: No access to purchase from xbox live store

Wireless Repeaters/Range Extenders: No access to purchase from xbox live store: Wireless Repeaters/Range Extenders: No access to purchase from xbox live store You will have to port forward your router:...
  4. Wireless Repeaters/Range Extenders: Wireless display app

Wireless Repeaters/Range Extenders: Wireless display app: Wireless Repeaters/Range Extenders: Wireless display app (Xbox one) Hello, If you want to join the preview program you need to sign up via the insider app. A nice step by step process can be...
  5. Wireless Repeaters/Range Extenders: WiFi code requested every time x box turns on

Wireless Repeaters/Range Extenders: WiFi code requested every time x box turns on: Wireless Repeaters/Range Extenders: WiFi code requested every time x box turns on So. I have an x box one x and after 6 months of working fine, it now asks for the WiFi password everytime I turn...
  6. Wireless Repeaters/Range Extenders: I NEED SUPPORT NUMBER SO I CAN CALL DERCIT

Wireless Repeaters/Range Extenders: I NEED SUPPORT NUMBER SO I CAN CALL DERCIT: Wireless Repeaters/Range Extenders: I NEED SUPPORT NUMBER SO I CAN CALL DERCIT Depending on what region you are in it can be different. This Forum post has a list of all of the support numbers:...
  7. Wireless Repeaters/Range Extenders: Wi-Fi Connection Problems

Wireless Repeaters/Range Extenders: Wi-Fi Connection Problems: Wireless Repeaters/Range Extenders: Wi-Fi Connection Problems I am sure that other people have had a similar problem to this, so hoping that there is a fix out there please. So, firstly my Xbox...
  8. Wireless Repeaters/Range Extenders: Are USB AC1600 2.4/5ghz wifi adapter dongles compatible ...

Wireless Repeaters/Range Extenders: Are USB AC1600 2.4/5ghz wifi adapter dongles compatible ...: Wireless Repeaters/Range Extenders: Are USB AC1600 2.4/5ghz wifi adapter dongles compatible with xbox one usb? Never of thought something as massive as xbox forums would catch deadforum syndrome,...
  9. Wireless Repeaters/Range Extenders: my console can not see the wireless network.

Wireless Repeaters/Range Extenders: my console can not see the wireless network.: Wireless Repeaters/Range Extenders: my console can not see the wireless network. My console can not see the wireless network. The others work without a problem: a computer and a smartphone....
  10. Wireless Repeaters/Range Extenders: My Xbox isn't connecting to my network

Wireless Repeaters/Range Extenders: My Xbox isn't connecting to my network: Wireless Repeaters/Range Extenders: My Xbox isn't connecting to my network My xbox say the same . How do you fix it ? 471ce277-503e-4d39-a253-d4c9efdd7048