wireless xbox 360 controller on win10 without reciever

Discus and support wireless xbox 360 controller on win10 without reciever in XBoX Accessibility to solve the problem; i have game on my pc what works with xbox 360 controller but i have only wireless ones and i wont buy reciever... with switch controllers it work via... Discussion in 'XBoX Accessibility' started by SMAJLÍKKKKKKK, Jul 9, 2019.

1. wireless xbox 360 controller on win10 without reciever

i have game on my pc what works with xbox 360 controller but i have only wireless ones and i wont buy reciever...

with switch controllers it work via bluetooth but i tried it with x360 ones but it didnt work.

i have notebook with bluetooth, wifi, hotspot...

i can install any software or driver

thanks for your respond

:)

SMAJLÍKKKKKKK, Jul 9, 2019
  2. T3chnlgydude Win User

Hi

Unfortunately, you will need to get the wireless USB receiver as the Xbox 360 controllers do not have Bluetooth connectivity
  3. SMAJLÍKKKKKKK Win User

ok thanks but what is that protocol what the controllers use
  4. ArminatorX Win User

and what does the connect button do on controller?
    The connect button starts the pairing process with a Xbox 360 console or the Wireless Gaming Receiver for Windows.

The Xbox 360 controller uses a proprietary wireless protocol, and NOT Bluetooth. So the standard wireless devices in your computer can't work with the Xbox 360 wireless controller.

You absolutely definitely need the Wireless Gaming Receiver for Windows if you wish to use your Xbox 360 controller on your PC.

Make sure you do NOT get the Wireless Gaming Receiver for Xbox One controllers, as they won't work with Xbox 360 controllers.

Also if you try to use a Play & Charge USB cable on your Xbox 360 controller, this will also not work, as the Play & Charge cable ONLY carries power, but does NOT transmit controller data.

So if you don't want to buy a wireless receiver, your only options are to buy a dedicated wired Xbox 360 controller (that has a non-removable USB cord attached), or get a Xbox One controller with Bluetooth functionality.
  5. SMAJLÍKKKKKKK Win User

and what does the connect button do on controller?
  6. Ackis Win User

I dont thing the 360 controllers have the updated bluetooth that newer computers use so you might not be able to use a 360 controller wireless, might just have to buy a usb cord for it
    I don't think this will work - IIRC the wireless controllers port was only to charge them and not to connect them to the device, so it would charge the controller, but not actually connect it to the PC.

I was about to buy my 360 receiver for like $5 off of Amazon a few years ago.
Thema:

1. wireless xbox 360 controller on win10 without reciever - Similar Threads - wireless 360 controller

2. Can't use my Xbox 360 wireless controller

in XBoX on Windows
    Can't use my Xbox 360 wireless controller: Hello, my problem is the one in the subject: i can't use my xbox 360 wireless controller when I play the Xbox Game Pass for PC. When I start any game, the controller is not detected, but with all...
  3. Xbox PC (Beta) 360 Wireless Controller Support?

in XBoX on Windows
    Xbox PC (Beta) 360 Wireless Controller Support?: Xbox (Beta) app v1908.1001.8.0 Win10 v1903 (Build 18362.295) Controller connected wirelessly & via play & charge: Xbox 360 Wireless Receiver for Windows v2.1.0.1349 Xbox 360 Wireless...
  4. I can't turn on my wireless xbox 360 controller

in XBoX on Consoles
    I can't turn on my wireless xbox 360 controller: I got these wireless controllers from my cousin and I replaced the batteries in the battery pack but it won't turn on (I tried all four controllers) What do I do? I don't have a cable for the...
  5. xbox one wireless adapter for windows 10 : compatible with xbox 360 controllers?

in XBoX on Windows
    xbox one wireless adapter for windows 10 : compatible with xbox 360 controllers?: Hello, Is the xbox one controller adapter compatible with xbox 360 controllers? I speak about this adapter : https://www.xbox.com/fr-FR/xbox-one/accessories/adapters/wireless-adapter-windows...
  6. xbox 360 wireless controller working on steam, but not working on windows games (started...

in XBoX on Consoles
    xbox 360 wireless controller working on steam, but not working on windows games (started...: Hello, I've got windows 10 with the latest update installed, I also have wireless xbox 360 controller. It works perfectly fine under Steam but I can't get it working with any of my games run...
  7. Xbox 360 wireless controller battery case

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox 360 wireless controller battery case: I would like to know where I may purchase an Xbox 360 wireless controller battery case. My original case had a battery that leaked slightly on one of the contacts. I have it working but would like...
  8. WIreless Xbox 360 controller won't connect to Windows 10 PC

in XBoX on Windows
    WIreless Xbox 360 controller won't connect to Windows 10 PC: Title. I have the new adapter. The USB port is powered, and Settings recognizes that I have an Xbox wireless controller installed. I can remove but not update that, so I assume the driver is...
  9. xbox 360 controller pc wireless with World War Z

in XBoX on Windows
    xbox 360 controller pc wireless with World War Z: Hi all, my controller works perfectly but strangely with World War Z does not respond to commands in the sense that I have no input, I do not understand why I do this... Do any of you have the...
  10. Xbox 360 wireless controller blinks twice and do not connect

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox 360 wireless controller blinks twice and do not connect: Kontroler z 360 blyska 2 razy i nie łączy? Co zrobić [Translation - The controller from 360 flash 2 times and does not connect? What to do] e8dc6dab-034a-49e7-9a52-97743e066bd0