Wireless Xbox controller for Xbox One and PC suddenly won't connect via Bluetooth anymore.

Discus and support Wireless Xbox controller for Xbox One and PC suddenly won't connect via Bluetooth anymore. in XBoX Accessibility to solve the problem; Came home from work and turned my PC on to play a game and noticed my controller wasn't connecting. When I went to Bluetooth settings to check, it said... Discussion in 'XBoX Accessibility' started by TrevarWoods, Jun 13, 2019.

1. TrevarWoods
    TrevarWoods Guest

Wireless Xbox controller for Xbox One and PC suddenly won't connect via Bluetooth anymore.

Came home from work and turned my PC on to play a game and noticed my controller wasn't connecting. When I went to Bluetooth settings to check, it said Bluetooth was off and didn't give me any options to turn it back on. Here are the steps I've already taken:

-Checked device manager and the Bluetooth section was just completely absent.

-Restarted my computer and the drivers reappeared, which I updated.

-Installed the most recent Windows Update.

-Removed the controller from paired devices.

-Upon attempting to re-pair the controller, it simply shows up as "Input" and either times out or states "We didn't get any response from the device".

-Plugged the controller in directly with a micro-USB and it functions normally. Accessories App says the device is up-to-date.

-Tried to pair a different Xbox controller (same model) and also a Bluetooth speaker. Recognized as "Input" and "Bluetooth Headset" but still failed.

-Rolled back Bluetooth Drivers. Same result as before.

-Completely uninstalled Bluetooth drivers.

-Manually downloaded and installed the latest Bluetooth drivers from my motherboard's website. ASUS ROG Strix Z270E Gaming. Same result as before.

-Tried to pair device through Control Panel>Hardware and Sound>Devices and Printers>Add a Device. It always says it didn't work and to try again.

-Ran the troubleshooter for Bluetooth and it couldn't find a problem.

The batteries in all Bluetooth devices are 100% and the devices can successfully pair with things other than my PC. Everything was working fine the night before and I haven't made any changes since then, I just put my computer to sleep before bed and woke
    it back up after work today. It is hooked up to a UPS with a backup battery so it is well protected. No idea where to go from here.

***Moved from: Windows 10 / devices & drivers***

:)

TrevarWoods, Jun 13, 2019
Thema:

1. Wireless Xbox controller for Xbox One and PC suddenly won't connect via Bluetooth anymore. - Similar Threads - Wireless controller suddenly

2. Xbox Wireless Controller not appearing on Android or Windows

in XBoX on Mobile
    Xbox Wireless Controller not appearing on Android or Windows: I recently got accepted into the XCloud Insider Preview and purchased a used Xbox Controller Model 1537. The problem is that when I try to connect it through Bluetooth, the controller is not...
  3. Xbox Wireless Controller - Sport Blue Special Edition Vibration Motor Issue

in XBoX on Windows
    Xbox Wireless Controller - Sport Blue Special Edition Vibration Motor Issue: Hey, my new Xbox Wireless Controller - Sport Blue Special Edition arrived finally today! It looks and feels awesome, however I am afraid that it has got a sad issue probably. When I started...
  4. Wireless Controller Fix

in XBoX on Consoles
    Wireless Controller Fix: A great big THANK YOU for finally fixing whatever was keeping my controller from syncing up with my xbox one. After the update, everything works just like it`s supposed too. It took you awhile,...
  5. Controller Xbox One and Wireless Adapter

in XBoX on Windows
    Controller Xbox One and Wireless Adapter: Hellow!! The new gamepad doesn't connect to my PC via a wireless adapter.. and on another PC connects without problems.. all tried.. even removed the adapter with the driver from the device...
  6. Xbox One controller not connecting with wireless adapter - Windows 10 64b

in XBoX on Windows
    Xbox One controller not connecting with wireless adapter - Windows 10 64b: Hi! I have and Xbox One joystick that used to work with my adapter. The last time I used them both was like 4 months ago. The adapter is working, I can see it in the Devices tab and when I press...
  7. Microsoft Xbox One Elite Wireless Controller

in XBoX on Consoles
    Microsoft Xbox One Elite Wireless Controller: Hello, I purchased the Microsoft Xbox One Elite Wireless Controller as a 2018 Christmas gift for my grandson. He is having issues with it saying it turns on but buttons don't work. He has tried...
  8. My xbox one wireless controller suddenly stoped detecting any headset

in XBoX on Consoles
    My xbox one wireless controller suddenly stoped detecting any headset: My xbox controller was working normally but suddenly one day when i tried to play, it stoped detecting headsets, i've tried with about 5 different headsets and earphones and nothing works, i 've...
  9. Xbox One controller and Xbox Wireless Adapter for Windows 10 suddenly will not connect

in XBoX on Windows
    Xbox One controller and Xbox Wireless Adapter for Windows 10 suddenly will not connect: Back in February, I purchased a new Xbox One controller along with the wireless adapter. Worked perfect, until today. Just out of the blue when I turned the controller on it was flashing. I've...
  10. xbox 360 wired and wireless controllers all have left stick glitch suddenly today

in XBoX on Consoles
    xbox 360 wired and wireless controllers all have left stick glitch suddenly today: As per subject title - all four of our xbox 360 controllers, two wired and two wireless, are experiencing the same left stick issue suddenly today where the stick input is either unresponsive or...