Wireless Xbox one controller doubles all inputs

Discus and support Wireless Xbox one controller doubles all inputs in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; I have 6 Xbox One controllers, an Xbox One (X1) and an Xbox One X Project Scorpio Edition (Xx). I updated my X1 OS version in mid-November (don't have... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by DBS03, Dec 30, 2017.

1. DBS03
    DBS03 Guest

I have 6 Xbox One controllers, an Xbox One (X1) and an Xbox One X Project Scorpio Edition (Xx). I updated my X1 OS version in mid-November (don't have that visible currently) and the Xx OS updated on install last week [OS version 10.0.16299.4055 (rs3_release_xbox_dev_1711.171203-1700)].
    Four of the controllers are basic black (1 came with X1, 3 purchased at the same time) running firmware version 2.3.2381.0. One is blue (less than 2 weeks new) running firmware version 3.1.1221.0. And the Xx Scorpio controller is running firmware
    version 3.1.1221.0. I have used two of the basic black controllers via USB on my Win10 PC (they re-sync to the X1 just fine after PC use).

Problem: since the most recent OS update on the X1, and since install on the Xx, several of these controllers will register double inputs for every movement or button press. This causes the game/app selection (home screen) to skip over what I want, so
    I have to go beyond and then scroll back hoping I land on the correct app. Once I'm on the right app, I have to "spam" press the A button until it activates the app (primarily the Device Utility app... trying to fix the issue). The only unaffected controllers
    (so far *fingers crossed*) are the blue and the Xx Scorpio. I can "fix" it temporarily, using one or more of the below steps, but it keeps happening again with increasing consistency. Currently 2 of the basic black controllers seem unrecoverable.

Troubleshooting: Step 1 - pull batteries/restart controller. Step 2 - power cycle X1/Xx. Step 3 - force re-sync the controller to the X1/Xx. Step 4 - force default configure on controller. Step 5 - connect via USB to X1/Xx to force configure. Step
    6 - connect via USB to Win10 PC; run configure; unplug/move USB cable (still connected to controller) to X1/Xx; run configure.

I have had the best luck with Step 6. But having to reconfigure each controller twice (PC and X1/Xx) every few days just so the family can play games together is getting frustrating. Any chance there is a long term fix available or in the works?

:)

DBS03, Dec 30, 2017
  2. To connect the xbox wireless controller one in the usb input with batteries inside is wrong?

Is it allowed to connect the xbox one wireless controller to the USB input with batteries inside?

Digo Nephilin, Dec 30, 2017
  3. Gramidar
    Gramidar Guest
    Xbox One controller broken by Windows Anniversary Update

I have this issue as well double input and all then if i roll back its all fine

Updated to Anv. ed and it worked for 2 hrs game play still double input in steam big picture but pc went sleep woke up and now cant connect controller grrrrrrrrr

Gramidar, Dec 30, 2017
  4. Njal the Blue Win User

Accelerometer in future controllers.

If you want to input text, isn't it a far cheaper option to just buy a wireless keyboard. That is what I use and never use the controller for text input, unless the game/app doesn't allow keyboard input.

Being honest, it is just adding another thing that people will have an issue with as it "isn't working" "my controller is broke" etc. The cost of your TV remote is double because of this feature, how is it going to add to the cost of a controller?
  5. Gramidar Win User

Xbox One controller broken by Windows Anniversary Update

I have this issue as well double input and all then if i roll back its all fine

Updated to Anv. ed and it worked for 2 hrs game play still double input in steam big picture but pc went sleep woke up and now cant connect controller grrrrrrrrr
  6. IceMelon Win User

Xbox One controller buttons bounce (double tap) with wireless receiver

I got my new controller, same thing is happening. Solution: It's interference from the receiver. I've talked to some other players on rocket league and everyone is on the same page it seems. Wireless xbox one controller gives double inputs from time to time.
    If its because of my wireless headphones or my steel computer case, I don't know. But even with the new controller it double taps for no reasons sometimes. I also had a load of trouble with the reciever. But after uninstalling and reinstalling the drivers
    and switching ports 4 times it's working again.

Im going to start looking for a wired connection that doesn't fatigue in a week. Because the wireless experience, besides the convenience of portability, has been awful so far.
  7. cy43rguru Win User

PC detects Xbox 360 wired controller as player 2

May be helpful to double check if you have either an xbox one wireless adapter, xbox one controller or another xbox 360 controller plugged into your PC that you are unaware of.

If the 360 controller is still the only one then try logging off and log in.
  8. XBF Leo G Win User

Xbox One controller double input on "A" button

Hello JSashiKumar,

Thank you for posting on the Xbox forums. We need a little more information to ensure that we provide the correct solution. Does this issue occur when the controllers are connected via Bluetooth? Have you attempted to use a different receiver?
    Did you check for Windows 10 updates while the receiver and controller were plugged in to the computer? Be sure to let us know the results!
Thema:

1. Wireless Xbox one controller doubles all inputs - Similar Threads - Wireless controller doubles

2. I pre-ordered the Xbox Elite Wireless Controller Series 2 back in June and have not...

in XBoX Sales and Promo
    I pre-ordered the Xbox Elite Wireless Controller Series 2 back in June and have not...: I Called the 877-696-7786 and they are saying that because I did not order the item to be picked up at a store, my controller would not be delivered until December 23rd which is outrageous. I...
  3. Xbox One wireless controller issues - low battery all the time? Mic not working?

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox One wireless controller issues - low battery all the time? Mic not working?: Hi, I've had my xbox one just under a year now, so it is still under warranty. Lately, the controller will constantly alert me that my batteries are low and constantly turn off - even if I have...
  4. faulty Xbox One Elite Wireless Controller

in XBoX on Consoles
    faulty Xbox One Elite Wireless Controller: There is drift on my xbox one elite wireless controller. I don't know how to contact someone to see if I can get it fixed. 6561d760-93fc-42df-bcfb-c3a748322b87
  5. Xbox Wireless Controller does not work

in XBoX on Windows
    Xbox Wireless Controller does not work: Hello, I have a problem with my Xbox Wireless Controller for PC. I want to connect it with the wireless receiver, but it does not work. Usually, the Xbox Logo at the controller should start...
  6. Xbox Elite Wireless Controller Series 2 bluetooth issue

in XBoX on Windows
    Xbox Elite Wireless Controller Series 2 bluetooth issue: Lots of people with Z370 & Z390 motherboard have continuous bluetooth disconnection and game studder issue. Can microsoft give us an ETA of this known issue? if you are unable to solve it...
  7. Elite v2 controller turns completely off only when connected to wireless adapter (will not...

in XBoX on Windows
    Elite v2 controller turns completely off only when connected to wireless adapter (will not...: My elite controller worked for a couple of days wireless with no issues. Today I get home from work and it disconnects from the computer and turns off all the way. I uninstalled the wireless...
  8. Xbox Elite Wireless Controller Series 2 on PC

in XBoX on Windows
    Xbox Elite Wireless Controller Series 2 on PC: I Have purchased the Xbox Elite Series 2 but I am unable to Configure the Controller. I plugged in the controller and performed the Initial update but when I go into the Xbox accessories App the...
  9. Unable to Cofigure xbox elite series 2 wireless controller

in XBoX on Windows
    Unable to Cofigure xbox elite series 2 wireless controller: Hi My xbox elite series 2 wireless controller arrived yesterday, I followed all the instructions but I'm unable to configure the device as the "Configure" button/link does not show up in the...
  10. Xbox One controller buttons bounce (double tap) with wireless receiver

in XBoX on Windows
    Xbox One controller buttons bounce (double tap) with wireless receiver: So here's my problem When my Xbox One controller is connected via the PC Xbox one controller receiver, the ABXY buttons seem to bounce(double tap), and in Xbox home menu the d-pad double taps 99%...