Wireless Xbox One controller won't interact with Xbox with external hard drive plugged in.

Discus and support Wireless Xbox One controller won't interact with Xbox with external hard drive plugged in. in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; I have been having problems with my Xbox one wireless controller and the external hard drive. I have figured (out after a long and painful process)... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by TheDoctor25991, Oct 2, 2019.

1. Wireless Xbox One controller won't interact with Xbox with external hard drive plugged in.

I have been having problems with my Xbox one wireless controller and the external hard drive. I have figured (out after a long and painful process) that when the EHD is plugged in, the wireless controller will not work. It will turn on but will not
    interact with the Xbox. I have restarted it numerous times, unplugged it, done a hard reset where it has updated and i have logged back in (currently using my xbox glass on my phone) and i have done this over the last 2 days. I then reset it whilst the EHD
    was unplugged and this seemed to fix the problem of the controller not interacting with the xbox. However as soon as i plus it back in the controller stops working. This is extremely annoying as I cannot play any of my games, and at this moment in time i cannot
    afford a new hard drive, though if i were to get a new one i would lose a serious amount of games and data saved to my original one. Has anyone experienced this before and managed to get it sorted or is this something unfixable?????

:)

TheDoctor25991, Oct 2, 2019
Thema:

Wireless Xbox One controller won't interact with Xbox with external hard drive plugged in.

1. Wireless Xbox One controller won't interact with Xbox with external hard drive plugged in. - Similar Threads - Wireless controller won't

2. Headset won't work with wireless controllers

in XBoX on Consoles
    Headset won't work with wireless controllers: I have a Turtle Bay 50X wired headset. It doesn't not work with either controller. It did for approximately 2 months, but then it stopped. The company sent me a brand new headset and had the same...
  3. Wireless Xbox controller for Xbox One and PC suddenly won't connect via Bluetooth anymore.

in XBoX Accessibility
    Wireless Xbox controller for Xbox One and PC suddenly won't connect via Bluetooth anymore.: Came home from work and turned my PC on to play a game and noticed my controller wasn't connecting. When I went to Bluetooth settings to check, it said Bluetooth was off and didn't give me any...
  4. WIreless Xbox 360 controller won't connect to Windows 10 PC

in XBoX on Windows
    WIreless Xbox 360 controller won't connect to Windows 10 PC: Title. I have the new adapter. The USB port is powered, and Settings recognizes that I have an Xbox wireless controller installed. I can remove but not update that, so I assume the driver is...
  5. Xbox One Wireless controller won't come on

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox One Wireless controller won't come on: I bought a brand new xbox one x in september as a birthday gift to myself. It was the all white version with the Fallout 76 game attached to it. It came with the xbox and the white controller....
  6. Wireless Controller Won't Connect with USB

in XBoX Accessibility
    Wireless Controller Won't Connect with USB: My xBox 360 controller refuses to connect, even after dismantling and having my system cleaned and after purchasing a new controller. I opted for a USB to safely connect my controller to the...
  7. XBox wireless controller on Windows 10 Pro won't bluetooth

in XBoX on Windows
    XBox wireless controller on Windows 10 Pro won't bluetooth: Hello, I have not used a controller before and want to use for online gaming, on my Windows 10 Pro PC. When plugged in, Device Manager shows the controller has the most current driver, but...
  8. Xbox controller won't connect to my computer wireless

in XBoX on Windows
    Xbox controller won't connect to my computer wireless: Hi, My xbox one controller won't connect to my computer via bluetooth. now i know this sounds like one of the problems you've probably had a lot of but it's different. you see i have been able...
  9. Xbox one controller for Windows with wireless adapter. Controller won't sync.

in XBoX on Windows
    Xbox one controller for Windows with wireless adapter. Controller won't sync.: Sometimes, at random it seems, when I push the home button, it will blink while I hold, it won't sync, and when I release the button, it stop blinking and shutdown. I have changed battery, updated...
  10. My 2 wireless Xbox One controllers won't work!

in XBoX on Consoles
    My 2 wireless Xbox One controllers won't work!: Hello, I recently (1 month) bought an Xbox One S along with an additional Microsoft Xbox One controller and a play and charge kit. Everything was going well until yesterday, both of the...