Witcher 2 Backwards Compatibility

Discus and support Witcher 2 Backwards Compatibility in XBoX Games and Apps to solve the problem; I received the game 'The Witcher 2: Assassins of Kings' as part of a promo years ago on my xbox 360 and it says on the dashboard that it is compatible... Discussion in 'XBoX Games and Apps' started by Volroc96, Mar 5, 2020.

1. Volroc96
    Volroc96 Guest

I received the game 'The Witcher 2: Assassins of Kings' as part of a promo years ago on my xbox 360 and it says on the dashboard that it is compatible with the Xbox One, yet i cannot
    see it on my XBone game library. Am i missing something?

Its the same profile and its the same edition (enhanced edition) yet I only receive the option to purchase it on the One.

I am able to download and play other games I received for free on the other console (eg. Bioshock: Infinite), yet I cannot do the same with Witcher 2.

Cheers

:)

Volroc96, Mar 5, 2020
  2. Saeleth Win User

Can someone please confirm

Provided that The Witcher 2 is a backwards compatible title, then you can certainly play it on your X :)
  3. The1WhoNeverWas Win User

Problems with "The Witcher 2" cannot see savegames and achievement list.

No, I did not.

The line that shows achievements completed from witcher 2 is from my xbox 360 playthrough last year,

and the new line of achimenents with 0 completed is created each time I try to play witcher 2 via backwards compatibility.

When I delete the zero achievments line, and re-run Witcher 2 via backwards compatibility , it gets created again.

so the problem is that Witcher 2 via back.comp. doesnt recognize

1) my cloud saved witcher 2 savegames

2) my witcher 2 xbox 360 achievement progress.

For the emulator is like I've never played that game before.
  4. Mull3tMaster Win User

General issues since last 2 updates

Backwards Compatible games stutter, severely, requiring power cycle to resolve. Happening way to frequently, especially in The Witcher 2.
  5. darkist1 Win User

Can someone please confirm

Yes, The Witcher 2 is an Enhanced Xbox 360 backwards compatible game
    on Xbox One X
  6. ChristianBethel Win User

This game might not be playable

It's the Witcher 2. It was released as a part of the Backwards Compatibility program for at least two years now. It's playable.

Why would the Witcher 3 "be ready pretty soon"? It came out in 2015 for the Xbox One!
Thema:

1. Witcher 2 Backwards Compatibility - Similar Threads - Witcher Backwards Compatibility

2. The witcher 2

in XBoX Games and Apps
    The witcher 2: Hello, thanks for the big discounts, there are a lot of good games, but I wanted to talk about games with backward compatibility, the fact is that there are a lot of games with backward...
  3. Witcher 2 on xbox one english\ French

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Witcher 2 on xbox one english\ French: Hi guys ! I want to download the game Witcher 2 on my Xbox and it says it coast only 2 dollars (perfect !) but it says the special is not avalable in my country (Canada) and i Don't care, I mean...
  4. The witcher 3 dlc blood and wine

in XBoX Games and Apps
    The witcher 3 dlc blood and wine: Download it, ready to stard but isnt installed and cant find it between my other dlcs. It tells me that the dlc is ready to install i click on install , it shows of and when i go ingame its gone ?...
  5. Witcher 2 enhanced xbox one

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Witcher 2 enhanced xbox one: So,everything was working for this game until some update,now i have 2 versions of the game that do not work. I have done everything from hard reboot ,to restarting my console from factory...
  6. Trying to purchase Witcher 2 Enhanced Edition - offer not valid in your region

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Trying to purchase Witcher 2 Enhanced Edition - offer not valid in your region: Hello, I'm trying to download Witcher 2: Assassin of Kings from the Store, but it states that the "offer is not valid in my region". Which offer? The page does not mention any offer, plus which...
  7. The Witcher 3 (Excessive random movements by Geralt)

in XBoX Games and Apps
    The Witcher 3 (Excessive random movements by Geralt): Geralt makes non-stop random moves unassisted by the player. This makes it virtually impossible to play. Really looking forward to a solution to this issue as I enjoy this game greatly and look...
  8. Witcher 2

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Witcher 2: I installed The Witcher 2 and it keeps saying that the game has not been released yet, and after doing all the steps that were recommended it still says I have to wait until the game is released....
  9. Can I play The Witcher 2 on Xbox One?

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Can I play The Witcher 2 on Xbox One?: So, I want to play The Witcher 2 on my Xbox One. I can't find it on the marketplace. On my computer I find it on the microsoft store but it says "download to xbox 360". Is there any way to buy...
  10. Witcher 2 enhanced edition-Backward compatibility availablity

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Witcher 2 enhanced edition-Backward compatibility availablity: I am from India & The Witcher 2 isn't available for download as a backward compatible game. When can we expect this game as a free download in India region? 97d036b8-2f6e-4cf8-af85-1f01202b733d