Words not allowed

Discus and support Words not allowed in XBoX Games and Apps to solve the problem; Why does the game not allow the word '***' to be used? And what is wrong with 'bum'? Even if the concept of physical **** is abhorrent, *** is a real... Discussion in 'XBoX Games and Apps' started by DianaLabrum, Apr 1, 2014.

1. DianaLabrum
    DianaLabrum Guest

Words not allowed

Why does the game not allow the word '***' to be used? And what is wrong with 'bum'? Even if the concept of physical **** is abhorrent, *** is a real word, and there is also rapeseed as an alternative term for canola. And a bum is a hobo, as well as a posterior.
    I've missed out on lots of points because these words are 'not found in the dictionary'! Not to mention that 'sex' is missing from the dictionary as well. Overwhelmingly prudish and ridiculous.

:)

DianaLabrum, Apr 1, 2014
  2. Coreysito
    Coreysito Guest
    Words not allowed

Hey there RaisedChimp8,

That is a proper noun and those are not allowed...

Thanks,

--MonsieurV3rt

Coreysito, Apr 1, 2014
  3. Coreysito
    Coreysito Guest
    Words not allowed

Hello Connoisseuse, I will pass these words along to the AlphaJax development team as possible additions. More information on the dictionary that is used for AlphaJax can be found in this thread:

forums.xbox.com/.../406427.aspx

Thanks...Words not allowed :)

Coreysito, Apr 1, 2014
  4. DianaLabrum
    DianaLabrum Guest

Words not allowed

And I've just discovered that 'dux' is not allowed. Why ever not????? In my part of the English speaking world, the top student in the school is the dux. Wiktionary agrees with this definition. Why does alphajax reject this word?

DianaLabrum, Apr 2, 2014
  5. Paul Perkins Win User

Words not allowed

How about adding ELVEN as in pertaining to ELVES (which is allowed)
  6. Coreysito Win User

Words not allowed

Hello CdnTestmonkey,

Someone posted this question before and someone answered that they closed and reopened the game and they were able to play the word. There could be a bug here, so I'm passing it along as well. Thanks.
  7. BristolClair Win User

Word not allowed

Have you never heard of the birds like blue tit, great tit etc. that are collectively known as T_I_T_S? Also, have we suddenly warped back in time to the Victorian era?
  8. Coreysito Win User

Words not allowed

Hey there RaisedChimp8,

That is a proper noun and those are not allowed...

Thanks,

--MonsieurV3rt
  9. Coreysito Win User

Words not allowed

Hello Connoisseuse, I will pass these words along to the AlphaJax development team as possible additions. More information on the dictionary that is used for AlphaJax can be found in this thread:

forums.xbox.com/.../406427.aspx

Thanks...:)
Thema:

Words not allowed

1. Words not allowed - Similar Threads - Words allowed

2. Microsoft Ultimate word

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Microsoft Ultimate word: Has anyone received a new World Map 13 crossword puzzle for Nov.? I though ta new puzzle pack was due but so far nothing. bc4f09c3-1c3f-4467-b249-67c7342b9dc7
  3. Microsoft Ultimate Word Game - Daily Challenge

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Microsoft Ultimate Word Game - Daily Challenge: AGAIN... Microsoft Ultimate Word Games- Daily Challenge- Word Twister - Bomb Defusal freezes and will not load. The other segments still work. Except for the Bomb Defusal....
  4. Word of warning with dev mode on alpha skip ahead

in XboX Insiders
    Word of warning with dev mode on alpha skip ahead: Dev mode is somewhat broken, when restarting Xbox fails to turn off, hold down Xbox logo for 10 secs to restart and get into dev mode. Then I hit the big issue when rebooting into retail it fails...
  5. ultimate word games

in XBoX Games and Apps
    ultimate word games: how do you get more crossword maps I've complete all twelve world maps and all extra maps. ffa9c872-fe51-45a9-bd24-7e097667a971
  6. microsoft ultimate word games premium version

in XBoX Games and Apps
    microsoft ultimate word games premium version: I have the premium version of this game and now has reverted back to adverts can anyone help??? da121bad-44b9-4827-beaf-afa28a320fbe
  7. synchronisation de microsoft ultimate word games impossible

in XBoX Games and Apps
    synchronisation de microsoft ultimate word games impossible: Microsoft Ultimate word games : Suite une coupre de courant, j'ai du desinstaller puis réinstaller UWG. Mais la synchronisation avec le cloud échoue systématiquement. Au secours Microsoft...
  8. Do words that are not in the english directory auto hide

in XboX Insiders
    Do words that are not in the english directory auto hide: [IMG] The word insta was censored, personally I think words that are not in the dictionary should not be censored, what do you think about this and what do you think about the new feature (I...
  9. Why am I not allowed to use the word impact in a video clip title?

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Why am I not allowed to use the word impact in a video clip title?: This is beyond absurd. There is no reason whatsoever that a term as innocuous as impact is not allowed as a video title. Please bring this up to the team to fix or at least give some kind of...
  10. Alphajax allowing words that do not exist

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Alphajax allowing words that do not exist: Can someone explain why Alphajax are allowing words such as "amazedv" and "nn" and yet refuse words such as "cru" which I try to play? 1fa9f6a1-400a-4117-9e4e-5e65915a9ddb