would a different model Power Supply work on my xbox?

Discus and support would a different model Power Supply work on my xbox? in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; Hello my xbox power supply died some months ago and i have been too lazy to ever get a new one i finally made up my mind and tried to get a new power... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by Ace36010, Jun 16, 2014.

1. Ace36010
    Ace36010 Guest

Hello my xbox power supply died some months ago and i have been too lazy to ever get a new one i finally made up my mind and tried to get a new power supply i looked on amazon and i saw a very highly rated power supply but it had a different model number.
    I have the black xbox slim and the power supply model it came with is a CPA09-010A i didnt see one with that model but would a different one work for my xbox? T

:)

Ace36010, Jun 16, 2014
  2. MisterFizzle
    MisterFizzle Guest
    power supply

Hey there Adam,

If you haven't already I would definitely check out our article on the
    Xbox 360 Power Supply
    . Different countries and models use different connectors and wattages.

Certain console power supplies are not compatible with others and we always recommend making sure you have the right supply for your model and country. As Stuart said, you can use that link he provided to order a supply from your local service center to ensure
    you have the right PSU.

MisterFizzle, Jun 16, 2014
  3. BrandonB70
    BrandonB70 Guest
    360 S Red Light

Sorry to hear about your 360 issues....Hey, have you tried a different S model power supply? Maybe it is not your system but power supply. I have a slim model that had the same issue....Changed the supply and now I am back in the game!!!!

BrandonB70, Jun 16, 2014
  4. would a different model Power Supply work on my xbox?

Ace36010 Hey there would a different model Power Supply work on my xbox? :)

It's always best to use official distributed PSU's. Using 3rd party unofficial PSU's can possibly damage themselves or even your console. Please see the below guide as a reference.

Xbox 360 Power Supply Unit and Cords

You can order replacement PSU's from the service center on the below link, directly from Microsoft. Simply register your console on there for free and then order your replacement PSU. Its a very simply process and will ensure that you are getting the correct
    (and official) one.

service.xbox.com

If you do decide to go with an unofficial one, please take note of the electrical safety section in the first link just to be cautious.

I hope this helps.

Many thanks,

Cloud

Mark Sherwood, Jun 16, 2014
  5. Mark Sherwood Win User

Ace36010 Hey there :)

It's always best to use official distributed PSU's. Using 3rd party unofficial PSU's can possibly damage themselves or even your console. Please see the below guide as a reference.

http://support.xbox.com/xbox-360/system/power-supply

You can order replacement PSU's from the service center on the below link, directly from Microsoft. Simply register your console on there for free and then order your replacement PSU. Its a very simply process and will ensure that you are getting the correct
    (and official) one.

service.xbox.com

If you do decide to go with an unofficial one, please take note of the electrical safety section in the first link just to be cautious.

I hope this helps.

Many thanks,

Cloud
  6. MisterFizzle Win User

power supply

Hey there Adam,

If you haven't already I would definitely check out our article on the
    Xbox 360 Power Supply
    . Different countries and models use different connectors and wattages.

Certain console power supplies are not compatible with others and we always recommend making sure you have the right supply for your model and country. As Stuart said, you can use that link he provided to order a supply from your local service center to ensure
    you have the right PSU.
  7. Paraffin Alien Win User

Power adapters for Xbox 2006

The voltage in the US is only 110v as opposed to 240v here in the UK, so any US power supply that you do buy will not power a UK machine.

The different wattage outputs relate to the power consumption of the chipset in the console, of which there are three. The latest, the Jasper, only has a power consumption of 150w.

Power supplies are not backwards compatible, ie, you can not use a new power supply on the early model 360. But you can use an early model power supply on a late model 360, this is down to the configuration of the power supply socket on the back of the console.
  8. BrandonB70 Win User

360 S Red Light

Sorry to hear about your 360 issues....Hey, have you tried a different S model power supply? Maybe it is not your system but power supply. I have a slim model that had the same issue....Changed the supply and now I am back in the game!!!!
  9. StuartATrueRed Win User

power supply

Hey there, the best place to get a power supply is from the Microsoft Xbox online service centre website, you can order one on there
    myservice.xbox.com/.../Welcome.aspx All xbox power supplies are compatible with another, except for different models. For instance all old xbox 360 model power supplies are only
    compatible with the old models, and all xbox 360 S power supplies are compatible with all xbox 360 S models.
Thema:

1. would a different model Power Supply work on my xbox? - Similar Threads - different model Power

2. Gift Card redeemed but does not show on the console due to currency difference

in XBoX on Consoles
    Gift Card redeemed but does not show on the console due to currency difference: Hi I guess I am having a rather unique problem. Microsoft Support wasn't able to solve it earlier. I have redeemed a CAD $25 XBOX gift card to my Microsoft account that I use on my xBox 360...
  3. Keeps signing on a different account

in XBoX on Windows
    Keeps signing on a different account: Every time I want to sign in on Xbox live it keeps auto sign in me into this email. I don't want to use this email. How do I change it? [img] a79f4389-3c64-4e11-ab80-f6361b058451
  4. Compras de jogos em países diferentes [Translate] Game purchases in different countries

in XBoX Sales and Promo
    Compras de jogos em países diferentes [Translate] Game purchases in different countries: Existe a possibilidade de comprar jogos da região que você não pertence e fazer isso é errado? [Translate] Is there a possibility to buy games from the region that you do not belong to and do...
  5. Problem with Wordament on different devices

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Problem with Wordament on different devices: I have a strange problem with Wordament failing to display Adventure Map Worlds on only one of 3 different devices. I have two laptops and a desktop and play Microsoft games on each at different...
  6. Fortnite - Linking a Epic account to a different xbox account.

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Fortnite - Linking a Epic account to a different xbox account.: I have 2 boys that play Fortnite and am having the following issue. My younger son always played Fortnite on the PC platform and played with his older brother who is on the Xbox platform. My...
  7. Different digital models at the same time equal lead you to the same result ...

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Different digital models at the same time equal lead you to the same result ...: There is a logical path that must be tackled in technology. I can not say that something is wrong or right, but I can try to show a side that maybe I can see that others can not I think the...
  8. Any difference between Xbox One S 500GB/1TB/2TB models except storage?

in XBoX on Consoles
    Any difference between Xbox One S 500GB/1TB/2TB models except storage?: Does anyone know if there is any difference between the 500GB, 1TB and 2TB models of the Xbox One S except for the obvious storage difference? I mean like performance wise or the like? This might...
  9. Differences between controller models

in XBoX on Consoles
    Differences between controller models: Hello. I have been researching various Xbox One controller models for some now and could not find the explicit differences between some models like the S2V-00001, S2V-00002, and S2V-00012. What...
  10. Got a replacement XB1 - Will it be different to my 1 year ago model?

in XBoX on Consoles
    Got a replacement XB1 - Will it be different to my 1 year ago model?: I can't find any news on this, i know PS4 change their console every few months and have been doing so, letting the public know about hardware changes. Does anyone know if the XB1 does the same?...