Would an upgrade for the holidays be worth it?

Discus and support Would an upgrade for the holidays be worth it? in XBoX Sales and Promo to solve the problem; So a little background, I've been looking at upgrading for a while. I currently have an og xbox one and am 100% (unless something drastic happens like... Discussion in 'XBoX Sales and Promo' started by Hellswarden09, Nov 29, 2019.

1. Would an upgrade for the holidays be worth it?

So a little background, I've been looking at upgrading for a while. I currently have an og xbox one and am 100% (unless something drastic happens like microsoft does something stupid and fires Phil Spencer) going to upgrade to scarlett anaconda. The OG
    xbox works but I as you know the og xbox was underpowered and doesn't do that great at handling today's games. With pre-orders for scarlett about 6 months away (I presuming after e3 we will be able to) and black friday right around the corner, would an upgrade
    to xbox one x be worth it with the current deal? also would the all access be worth it? (I calculated it out all access one x would be 30*36 which would be approx 1080, One x right now is 350 and lets assume anaconda will be 500 total 850 (we can ignore tax
    b/c tax will be applied to both products anyway) ) your thoughts please (I know i'm fickle with these things)

:)

Hellswarden09, Nov 29, 2019
  2. OklaGrizzlyBear Win User

Hiya!!

Well, it all comes down to what you want. I have purchased a new system console every time a new one comes out. I dont usually buy them right out of the gate, I usually wait until they have been out for at least 6 months and wait for a special deal to
    come out before I purchase.

Happy Gaming!!
  3. Kalmarn Win User

I've just bought a used One X with 12 months warranty and loving it. You can always trade your One X in for Scarlett. You can get 12 months enjoyment out of it! A year is a long time. Do it!
  4. Th3 Vidiot Win User

So a little background, I've been looking at upgrading for a while. I currently have an og xbox one and am 100% (unless something drastic happens like microsoft does something stupid and fires Phil Spencer) going to upgrade to scarlett anaconda. The OG
    xbox works but I as you know the og xbox was underpowered and doesn't do that great at handling today's games. With pre-orders for scarlett about 6 months away (I presuming after e3 we will be able to) and black friday right around the corner, would an upgrade
    to xbox one x be worth it with the current deal? also would the all access be worth it? (I calculated it out all access one x would be 30*36 which would be approx 1080, One x right now is 350 and lets assume anaconda will be 500 total 850 (we can ignore tax
    b/c tax will be applied to both products anyway) ) your thoughts please (I know i'm fickle with these things)
    If youre going to go the all access route, i think its worth it as you can then upgrade your all access to the scarlett as soon as it drops. However if youre shooting for the special edition, than maybe you should trade your OG for the X for now and get a
    large discount towards it and then preorder the scarlett. Its all personal preference. You wanting to protect your hard warned money is not you be fickle.
  5. mattmatt117 Win User

It probably be better to wait till next year for the new consoles to come out. However right now maybe don't buy the X but perhaps the S, for a slight upgrade
  6. KingOfTheRen Win User

I would go for the X. Rumor has it that they scrapped the base version of next Gen hence why they've only be teasing ONE console not TWO. Theoretically the X will be able to act as the base for next Gen, obviously not the same graphics or specs but think
    of the OG One to the X currently. If you've got some extra cash this holiday season then treat yourself! Worse case you get to enjoy the world's current best console for a year and then trade it towards next Gen.
Thema:

1. Would an upgrade for the holidays be worth it? - Similar Threads - upgrade holidays worth

2. Xbox One storage upgrades

in XBoX Accessibility
    Xbox One storage upgrades: My boyfriend doesnt wanna tamper with his xbox to get storage upgrade but i was wondering if we are aloud to use USB Storage Drives on the machine, it not is there other ways of upgrading storage...
  3. Microsoft all access upgrade questions

in XBoX on Consoles
    Microsoft all access upgrade questions: Hello. Just read about All Access program to upgrade to new upcoming xbox seriesx by joining and making payments. But i dont see the the new 2020 xbox series x. Option Shows only 3. xboxone x, s,...
  4. Can’t upgrade to gamepass Ultimate

in XBoX Sales and Promo
    Can’t upgrade to gamepass Ultimate: Hello guys i have a problem while trying to upgrade my gold sub into gamepass ultimate... i got the message “you are trying to downgrade your current subscription” the fact is that i m trying to...
  5. xbox one S 3D blu ray play back fails after system upgrade

in XBoX Games and Apps
    xbox one S 3D blu ray play back fails after system upgrade: My xbox one S can no longer play the blu ray 3d disks in 3d mode after the system upgrade on Apr. 22. I contacted the customer services and the call center CSR helped me about an hour on the phone...
  6. Brand new Xbox One X --- I get error during initial system upgrade (1GB)

in XBoX on Consoles
    Brand new Xbox One X --- I get error during initial system upgrade (1GB): Brand new Xbox One X (5 minutes old) I can't get the initial 1GB system upgrade to go through. It gets about 5% through and then I get errors. HELP! 5b946a63-b7df-4687-b8f4-c668258aa889
  7. How to upgrade to Game Pass Ultimate?

in XBoX Sales and Promo
    How to upgrade to Game Pass Ultimate?: Hi, I recently redeemed 2 Years + 14 days of Xbox Live Gold from codes I had plus 30 Days of regular Game Pass. I was under the impression that I would be able to upgrade this to Game Pass...
  8. Is it still possible to upgrade to Xbox Game Pass Ultimate at a discount using Xbox Live...

in XBoX Sales and Promo
    Is it still possible to upgrade to Xbox Game Pass Ultimate at a discount using Xbox Live...: Hi, I am sorry if this has brought up before, but I have not been able to find a clear answer on this. :-/ Can someone please tell me if it is still possible to upgrade to Xbox Game Pass...
  9. 12 month GOLD upgrade trial to ultimate.....

in XBoX Sales and Promo
    12 month GOLD upgrade trial to ultimate.....: Hey just added my 12 month sub for GOLD, it offered to upgrade for $1 to ultimate if I cancel after the month do I revert back to GOLD? I will not forfeit $60 i just spent on the year sub. Im...
  10. kinect adapter - thanks for dropping it right after I upgrade over the holidays

in XBoX on Consoles
    kinect adapter - thanks for dropping it right after I upgrade over the holidays: Just adding mine to the many others **** about the lack of availability of the kinect adapter. Yes, I know MS has decided the kinect is not the future, but the kinect still has usefulness, even...