Would Xbox Live Game Rentals ever be an option?

Discus and support Would Xbox Live Game Rentals ever be an option? in XboX Insiders to solve the problem; We already have "Free Play Days" which allows you to play a game for a few days and then takes away the ability to play that game after a set time. The... Discussion in 'XboX Insiders' started by /u/leftrightparadox, Jan 12, 2020.

1. Would Xbox Live Game Rentals ever be an option?

We already have "Free Play Days" which allows you to play a game for a few days and then takes away the ability to play that game after a set time. The store already has a function to do this with Movies & Tv Shows. So why not take it one step further and allow us the ability to rent any game on the store? Would only require an extra button next to "Buy" in the store and the same functionality of removing the ability to play the game after a set rental period. Just like how "Free Play Days" work. I know the counter to my argument will be "but muh game pass". But there is no reason the two can't exist together. Game Pass is a Flat Rate service. Game Rental would be pay as you go.Just like the old days of going to the video store and renting a game (or Sega Megadrive ). It also allows people to try before they buy. I bought many a game back in the day this way. It would give people another good reason to play Xbox instead of PlayStation and work towards Microsoft being the Netflix of gaming.

submitted by /u/leftrightparadox
    [link] [comments]

/u/leftrightparadox, Jan 12, 2020
  2. Daniel6591 Win User

X1 games now on gamefly!!!

[quote user="Bigg Daddy86"]

Love gamefly y'all! Best way to game! Would be awesome if they would release an online steam like rental service for Xbox Live.

[/quote]

I believe i read somewhere that microsoft would look into a rental service for xbox live.
  3. CAMMofTHRONES Win User

Check out SpecOps: The Line Demo

[quote user="DarKzEnergYz"]

Meh, its only worth a rental in my opinion.

[/quote]

I agree. Nothing I would ever purchase but might be worth a rental if I ever get through my other backlog list of games.
  4. WraithofWolves Win User

X1 games now on gamefly!!!

Love gamefly y'all! Best way to game! Would be awesome if they would release an online steam like rental service for Xbox Live.
  5. GR90 Win User

DRM has been defeated ! Gamers rule!

I don't mind having to pay a small fee to play a used game say £5 if every game done it over time it would be the norm prices of used games would go down because of it. Only drawback is you would not get as much when selling games and rentals might not
    be as popular but i can see rentals being done on xbox live and psn.
  6. LOWxONxHealth Win User

What are the ups/downs of NO used games?

There is the upside that if used games were non playable Microsoft could corner the market on game rentals if it were to launch a game rental app for Xbox Live.This could lure new franchises to Xbox because they would have the comfort of knowing that even
    if their game flopped they would recover most of their losses through rentals.
Thema:

Would Xbox Live Game Rentals ever be an option?

1. Would Xbox Live Game Rentals ever be an option? - Similar Threads - Live Game Rentals

2. Supporting Games for Windows Live purchases on the Windows Store

in XboX Insiders
    Supporting Games for Windows Live purchases on the Windows Store: Since the Store now allows for Win32 applications, and the GFWL Marketplace still won't allow anyone to access or download their owned content (this has been a problem for a very long time now),...
  3. XBOX Live needed to play Apps and XBOX 360/One Games offline?

in XBoX Games and Apps
    XBOX Live needed to play Apps and XBOX 360/One Games offline?: Hello, I've bought an XBOX One X and I wanted to install and play Xbox 360 Games from the disc and what I bought in microsoft/xbox live store. For the disc part it says you need to download the...
  4. purchased a xbox live card and needed a gaming card

in XBoX Sales and Promo
    purchased a xbox live card and needed a gaming card: how can i exchange xbox live for xbox gaming card 958df291-a51e-4abd-aeb2-79c70330e3c1
  5. Forcing 12 month xbox live to 4 month game pass ultimate

in XBoX on Consoles
    Forcing 12 month xbox live to 4 month game pass ultimate: How do override th converting my 12 month live pass to 4 month game pass ultimate when I go to redeem code.? a5e033fb-7413-4484-b9b1-2d18a7651a5c
  6. Games purchased during Xbox Live subscription

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Games purchased during Xbox Live subscription: Hi, Can someone please let me know what happens with games purchased whilst Xbox Live subscription was active but then that subscription play them but just don't get multiplayer? Also as a free...
  7. Question about how Xbox Live Gold & Game Pass Sharing works

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Question about how Xbox Live Gold & Game Pass Sharing works: Hello, For Christmas my partner purchased me an Xbox One so that I could finally play No Man's Sky. I also got six months of Game Pass Ultimate. My partner also made a Gamertag with her...
  8. Can't play/download Tekken 6 on 360 (free games with gold) - I now live in Italy but my...

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Can't play/download Tekken 6 on 360 (free games with gold) - I now live in Italy but my...: Hi I have the xbox games pass ultimate - free PC and xbox games. PC games work great using xbox beta app on my win 10 pc with VPN to uk. I am trying to use express vpn on my xbox 360 to allow me...
  9. Saving games without xbox live or internet

in XBoX on Consoles
    Saving games without xbox live or internet: I am able to play my xbox 360 games without xbox live or internet axcess I can't however save my progress i# there a way to do that the game progress I'm trying to save is nba2k18 by the way...
  10. Harrassment in a free to play xbox live game!

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Harrassment in a free to play xbox live game!: Hi, I have been an xbox owner from day one! Been on live for a very long time! For the past couple of years, I have been playing a free to play game. Over the course of time, several people and I...