Would Xbox Live Game Rentals ever be an option?

Discus and support Would Xbox Live Game Rentals ever be an option? in XboX Insiders to solve the problem; We already have "Free Play Days" which allows you to play a game for a few days and then takes away the ability to play that game after a set time. The... Discussion in 'XboX Insiders' started by /u/leftrightparadox, Jan 12, 2020.

1. Would Xbox Live Game Rentals ever be an option?

We already have "Free Play Days" which allows you to play a game for a few days and then takes away the ability to play that game after a set time. The store already has a function to do this with Movies & Tv Shows. So why not take it one step further and allow us the ability to rent any game on the store? Would only require an extra button next to "Buy" in the store and the same functionality of removing the ability to play the game after a set rental period. Just like how "Free Play Days" work. I know the counter to my argument will be "but muh game pass". But there is no reason the two can't exist together. Game Pass is a Flat Rate service. Game Rental would be pay as you go.Just like the old days of going to the video store and renting a game (or Sega Megadrive ). It also allows people to try before they buy. I bought many a game back in the day this way. It would give people another good reason to play Xbox instead of PlayStation and work towards Microsoft being the Netflix of gaming.

submitted by /u/leftrightparadox
    [link] [comments]

/u/leftrightparadox, Jan 12, 2020
  2. Daniel6591 Win User

X1 games now on gamefly!!!

[quote user="Bigg Daddy86"]

Love gamefly y'all! Best way to game! Would be awesome if they would release an online steam like rental service for Xbox Live.

[/quote]

I believe i read somewhere that microsoft would look into a rental service for xbox live.
  3. CAMMofTHRONES Win User

Check out SpecOps: The Line Demo

[quote user="DarKzEnergYz"]

Meh, its only worth a rental in my opinion.

[/quote]

I agree. Nothing I would ever purchase but might be worth a rental if I ever get through my other backlog list of games.
  4. WraithofWolves Win User

X1 games now on gamefly!!!

Love gamefly y'all! Best way to game! Would be awesome if they would release an online steam like rental service for Xbox Live.
  5. GR90 Win User

DRM has been defeated ! Gamers rule!

I don't mind having to pay a small fee to play a used game say £5 if every game done it over time it would be the norm prices of used games would go down because of it. Only drawback is you would not get as much when selling games and rentals might not
    be as popular but i can see rentals being done on xbox live and psn.
  6. LOWxONxHealth Win User

What are the ups/downs of NO used games?

There is the upside that if used games were non playable Microsoft could corner the market on game rentals if it were to launch a game rental app for Xbox Live.This could lure new franchises to Xbox because they would have the comfort of knowing that even
    if their game flopped they would recover most of their losses through rentals.
Thema:

Would Xbox Live Game Rentals ever be an option?

1. Would Xbox Live Game Rentals ever be an option? - Similar Threads - Live Game Rentals

2. Canceled game pass and ea sports but Microsoft trying to make pay b4 ican redeem Xbox live

in XBoX Accessibility
    Canceled game pass and ea sports but Microsoft trying to make pay b4 ican redeem Xbox live: (Make a payment to restore your subscription. It's currently suspended because it's past due)? This keeps happening for game pass subscription, but im just trying to get xbox live. Y is it not...
  3. How do I stream live NFL games over my XBox 1?

in XBoX Games and Apps
    How do I stream live NFL games over my XBox 1?: Dues to the state of things because of COVID-19 we would like to stream live NFL games this season over our XBox1. We do not have a cable subscription to our house as we don't watch TV. We do...
  4. xbox live linking into epic games

in XBoX Games and Apps
    xbox live linking into epic games: i had a xbox live account on fortnite and one day i unliked my account and all of my progression and everything in the game is gone and i cant get it back e4e2710a-39e8-49cf-8e51-5292c8b32bb3
  5. What happens to current games if revert to Xbox Live Gold from Ultimate Game Pass

in XBoX Games and Apps
    What happens to current games if revert to Xbox Live Gold from Ultimate Game Pass: We are not taking full advantage of the Ultimate Game Pass and I want to revert to only Xbox Live Gold to save money. What, if anything, will happen to my son's games if I do that? Will he retain...
  6. Backwards compatible game, Xbox 360 profile won't connect to Xbox live

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Backwards compatible game, Xbox 360 profile won't connect to Xbox live: Xbox one x profile is connected to xbox live, but when I launch a 360 game and sign in my 360 profile cannot connect to Xbox live. I have tried to redownload my profile but when attempting to...
  7. Can't purchase Xbox 360 games in Xbox Live Gold for the last 2 months in Russia

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Can't purchase Xbox 360 games in Xbox Live Gold for the last 2 months in Russia: Xbox One games purchases fine, Xbox 360 isn't. This doesn't work on my Xbox device or website Xbox.com. Previously, there were no problems. So it became in the last 2 months. Help, pls )...
  8. Game freezes on Start screen after Xbox Live Login

in XBoX on Windows
    Game freezes on Start screen after Xbox Live Login: So this has happened with multiple games so far, including FFXV, Carrion, and now Star Renegades. It also tends to happen in a less dramatic way on almost every Xbox Game PAss game I install....
  9. Games For Windows Live install error.

in XBoX on Windows
    Games For Windows Live install error.: I'm trying to install Games For Windows Live to play one of my older games, When using the installer i get this error code. (13:42:49) Download http://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/?LinkId=201788...
  10. Upgrading Xbox Live Gold to Game Pass Ultimate

in XBoX Sales and Promo
    Upgrading Xbox Live Gold to Game Pass Ultimate: I know that Microsoft offers an upgrade to your Xbox Live Gold subscription to Game Pass Ultimate for a small fee. I just don't know if I would qualify for this upgrade. Any insight would be...