Wrong country - billing address

Discus and support Wrong country - billing address in XBoX Games and Apps to solve the problem; Hello, I was about to download DLC for Mass effect 2, unfortunately been struggling for 3 days to make this purchase. For some reason my account's... Discussion in 'XBoX Games and Apps' started by simateix, Sep 5, 2019.

1. simateix
    simateix Guest

Hello, I was about to download DLC for Mass effect 2, unfortunately been struggling for 3 days to make this purchase.

For some reason my account's preset for United States, despite me trying to change it number of times, after I'd reload the page it still claims Im in United states.

I'd like to declare I have used Xbox along with ny account only in UK.

Im being desperate now, cant find the solution. I checked my billing account details on my xbox account and reset afterwards, did the same with my microsoft account, but no matter how I try the result is still the same. Once I select to buy the DLC and the
    billing information page appears my country is fixed for US with no possibility for me to change it.

I would really love to download the DLC, been looking forward to it for months.

Please help

Many thanks

:)

simateix, Sep 5, 2019
  2. XBF Leslie D Win User

Billing Address in the wrong Country

Hi Paul,

Thanks for reaching out to us today. I'm sorry to hear about the current issues with making purchases and changing your region.
    If you have moved to a different country and want to make Xbox purchases in your new location, you will need to change your region.
    By any chance have you been able to check out our article
    "How to update your Microsoft account if you're moving to a new country or region"

How to change your country/region on Xbox 360

To change your country/region on Xbox 360, you can't simply update your location as with Xbox One. Instead, you'll need to migrate your Xbox profile, which could impact other subscriptions and services.

Here’s how to change your country/region on the Xbox 360 console:

1. Enter the email address and password for your Microsoft account, and then click
      Sign In.
    2. Add a credit card and enter the billing address for your new region.
    3. On your console, go to settings, and then select System.
    4. Select Console Settings.
    5. Select Language and Locale.
    6. Select Locale.
    7. Select the locale that you want to use

Hope this helps.
  3. simateix Win User

Hi Felix,

Thank uou for getting back to me.

Unfortunately I tried all of the mentioned, except call from support. I was hoping someone here would know what's going on, but if not will give them a call tomorrow.
  4. XBF Brad A Win User

Hello Paul,

Do you have a payment instrument on file that has a US address? This will prevent you from changing it also. You will want to check the

billing address
    to make sure it is also changed.

To update your name or billing address:

1. Press the Xbox button
      to open the guide.
    2. Select System > Settings > Account >
      Payment & billing.
    3. Your payment option is displayed, along with your billing address. Under your address, select
      Edit info.
    4. Follow the prompts to update your billing address.

Hope this helps.

Brad
  5. PaulGrunstein Win User

Hi Leslie,

Unfortunately I have already tried this. I've changed the Locale to the UK and added a UK billing address online, but the console itself, despite being in the UK locale, still thinks it's in the US.

Any ideas?

Thanks
  6. simateix Win User

Hi Brad,

Im using pay pal so might be that. I will check this out.

Thanks very much!
Thema:

1. Wrong country - billing address - Similar Threads - Wrong country billing

2. XBOX Game Pass für PC - falsches Land (XBOX Game Pass for PC - Wrong Country)

in XBoX on Windows
    XBOX Game Pass für PC - falsches Land (XBOX Game Pass for PC - Wrong Country): Liebe Community, ich möchte die Beta des XBOX Game Pass für PC testen (1 Euro) welches für mein Land (Österreich) freigeschaltet ist. Ich habe alle Regionen, die mir bekannt sind, auf Österreich...
  3. Billing Address in the wrong Country

in XBoX on Consoles
    Billing Address in the wrong Country: Hi, I am unable to change my billing address on my xbox 360. I used to live in the US but have since moved to the UK. I change the locale in system settings on the xbox to the UK, but when i try...
  4. My current Xbox account is incorrectly locked to the wrong billing country.

in XBoX on Consoles
    My current Xbox account is incorrectly locked to the wrong billing country.: Hi, I made an account for my Xbox One a couple of years back which I'm now trying to use for my old Xbox 360. Only problem is that I've apparently registered it to the wrong country; England...
  5. Wrong country when redeemed the code

in XBoX on Mobile
    Wrong country when redeemed the code: Hi everyone, I just cashed in a code through my browser. I didn't know that it was redeemed for Austria (for whatever reason). What can I do to transfer the money to my default country? Thank...
  6. Wrong country in Xbox Rewards

in XBoX Rewards
    Wrong country in Xbox Rewards: Hi, I've just realized that I opened my Xbox Live Rewards account in the wrong country. I live in Spain and my Microsoft and Xbox accounts are spanish. But now I have noticed that when I open my...
  7. I picked the wrong Region/Country when i made my account, now i can't make a valid payment ...

in XBoX Games and Apps
    I picked the wrong Region/Country when i made my account, now i can't make a valid payment ...: Hi, so i wanted to get Splinter Cell Conviction from Games with gold so i went too the Xbox.com page and navigated to the games with gold tab. After i found the game i chose to download it so i...
  8. Billing Information - Wrong Country

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Billing Information - Wrong Country: I'm trying to purchase Gold using a credit card as the payment option, but whenever I fill out my details it asks for my state/province, but I live in New Zealand. And I don't wanna make purchases...
  9. Account countries are wrong - how can I change them?

in XBoX on Consoles
    Account countries are wrong - how can I change them?: I bought an Xbox One S from Microsoft Spain a few weeks ago. I tried buying a game on the store earlier and I'm being told I have no payment method and I have to add a new card. But when I try to...
  10. Wrong currency/country.

in XBoX on Consoles
    Wrong currency/country.: At the beginning of this year I noticed the rewards page(s) would show euros (I live in the USA and use dollars). I also can't figure out how to check/change it back. I never changed it myself....