Wrong email displaying

Discus and support Wrong email displaying in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; I really want an explanation to this because it never should have happened and freaked me out. When I went to redeem a game pass code it said "redeem a... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by CassKelly, Aug 1, 2020.

1. CassKelly
    CassKelly Guest

Wrong email displaying

I really want an explanation to this because it never should have happened and freaked me out. When I went to redeem a game pass code it said "redeem a code, it will be added to *insert email*. The email it showed wasn't the account I was logged into.
    Not only that, but that email was for a yahoo account that I have never signed into on xbox. If I try to enter that email on microsoft's website it says "account doesn't exist". When I closed out of it and tried to redeem the code again, the correct email
    displayed so it was clearly a glitch. But I want to know how to prevent that from happening again. I do not want the two emails connected to each other in any way. How is my xbox even displaying this email that it shouldn't know exists?!

:)

CassKelly, Aug 1, 2020
  2. Loraine Mon Win User

Displaying the wrong game

Hi,

There are various reasons why you are experiencing this issue. It is a possible issue with the server or the Xbox app needs an update.

To better assist you with your concern, kindly answer the following questions:

• Does it show the same thing if you are logged in to your account on
      Xbox.com
      ?
    • Does the issue occur on a different profile?

It does show this as well on Xbox.com

As far as I know, this doesn't happen on other profiles. I have seen my friend playing the same game on the PC and it correctly showed the game's title on his profile.

Some insight on where to find the update button in the Xbox app would be very helpful
    Thank you for your response. Based on your answers, it is a possible error in your profile.

We recommend that you update or check your profile's online privacy and safety settings by following the steps on this

link

You can disable and enable the settings to refresh them.

You can also manually update the Xbox app on your computer by uninstalling and reinstalling it.

Here's how:

1. Click Start, and then type Windows PowerShell on the search box.
    2. Right-click, and then select Run as administrator.
    3. Type the following command to uninstall Windows Store: Get-AppxPackage *xboxapp* | Remove-AppxPackage
    4. Hit Enter.
    5. Launch Windows Store and download Xbox App.

If you need further assistance, let us know.
  3. XxSpark2FlamexX Win User

Hi,

There are various reasons why you are experiencing this issue. It is a possible issue with the server or the Xbox app needs an update.

Xbox.com
      ?
    It does show this as well on Xbox.com

As far as I know, this doesn't happen on other profiles. I have seen my friend playing the same game on the PC and it correctly showed the game's title on his profile.

Some insight on where to find the update button in the Xbox app would be very helpful
  4. Loraine Mon Win User

Hi,

Xbox.com
      ?
  5. XBLRewards8 Win User

Wrong email

Hello ZoomyRamen,

The Credits will still be placed as pending on your account. However, any Vault prize that involves tokens or codes will send that code to the email you registered with.
  6. Miss Kleo Win User

Wrong email

Hey again, OhBbyOh! If that's the case, than I'm not sure if we'll be able to help you retrieve that gamertag. It sounds like you've been through all the potential steps and have not been able to provide enough information. I wish I had better news but it
    seems your brother will need to start a brand new account. Make sure this time to set it up with a valid email and password you'll remember. More importantly make sure to set up your security proofs!
Thema:

Wrong email displaying

1. Wrong email displaying - Similar Threads - Wrong email displaying

2. Wrong Email

in XBoX on Consoles
    Wrong Email: Help! I have been on webchat all night to Microsoft to no avail, then the phone they have give me doesn't work! My son has set up a new gamertag and and xbox gold to an email address that is not...
  3. Accidentally sent a gift to the wrong email address

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Accidentally sent a gift to the wrong email address: Hi there. I accidentally made a Type-O when buying a birthday gift for my friend and it send out to the wrong email. Is there any way that I could get refunded? 466cda4d-7df5-4756-912c-9240713b5d0a
  4. Wrong email on refund request

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Wrong email on refund request: Hi all! So here's my issue: I submitted a refund request for a purchase made (by my son, without permission) about an hour ago by filling out the request form. After I submitted it, I realized...
  5. Wrong gamertag linked to your email address

in XBoX on Consoles
    Wrong gamertag linked to your email address: Hello, i know its be awhile since you had an issue where your gamertag was linked to the wrong email address and not allowing you to sign in. But did they ever help you fix that issue. I have...
  6. Insider email arriving to the wrong mail address

in XboX Insiders
    Insider email arriving to the wrong mail address: Hi, I have a problem, I'm getting my insider emails to an old Gmail email address, I used that when I registered at the start of the program... But with windows I'm using my outlook email and I...
  7. I changed my email address: Wrong Move

in XBoX Accessibility
    I changed my email address: Wrong Move: I wanted to change my email address and Microsoft would only allow me to choose an "alias" email address. Well, the changed address is my one and only primary address. Now, I can't play MS...
  8. Update Xbox account email...Epic account pointing to wrong Xbox email

in XBoX Accessibility
    Update Xbox account email...Epic account pointing to wrong Xbox email: Hello, I'm trying to help my son and with my database background I could fix this in an instant in Epic's database, but obviously I don't have access:). Epic's first line of help is struggling to...
  9. Funds added to wrong email

in XBoX on Consoles
    Funds added to wrong email: My son typed my email wrong and funds were added to wrong that email not the right one. I need it swapped. Also can the free games installed on srong email be transferred. Really upset I cant call...
  10. 360 displays wrong email (profile id) in upper right, after performing profile transfer to new ...

in XBoX on Consoles
    360 displays wrong email (profile id) in upper right, after performing profile transfer to new ...: Had an old useless email in 360 account profile. This dated to before the days when you could change the primary email or add aliases. Lived with it for years and years. Finally decided it had...