Wrong gamertag accompaning email for microsoft account.

Discus and support Wrong gamertag accompaning email for microsoft account. in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; How one would go about editing in gamertag with original MS account. and correcting this issue for the record. documenting events.... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by PlantedRhino756, Oct 23, 2019.

1. Wrong gamertag accompaning email for microsoft account.

How one would go about editing in gamertag with original MS account. and correcting this issue for the record. documenting events.

:)

PlantedRhino756, Oct 23, 2019
  2. ThorX360 Win User

3. ArminatorX Win User

Could you please explain your issue a bit more?

Are you sure you are using the same email as before? Most cases that come up in this forum are people that some time ago changed their email address, and now sign in with their new address, which will give them a new Gamertag. If you still have the old Gamertag
    on a console, check if the email for that Gamertag has been changed.

If the Gamertag was really changed, it's for two reasons:

Your Gamertag violated the Code of Conduct, was reported by someone, and the Enforcement Team changed it.

Or you didn't sign into your Microsoft Account for more than 5 years, and the Gamertag expired and was changed to a random Gamertag.
  4. BIZKUTZnGRAVEY Win User

Preordered Titanfall twice...

microsoftstore.com is your best bet. Make sure you sign in with the correct Microsoft Account Email that is associated to your Gamertag. A lot of people confuse their Xbox Gamertag contact email as their Xbox Microsoft Account since they get emails there
    about their Gamertag. Make sure if you use Windows 8, that you are signed into the correct account. You can check your Xbox Billing Activity at commerce.microsoft.com. If you don't see the charge, then you are signed into the wrong email...

Hope this helps! Let me know if it didn't...
  5. DigitalAssassin Win User

Can only access one profile on xbox

How it will allow access to your account is gamertag A and B are associated with one email.

-

After you associate gamertag A with a different email, then re-download gamertag B using the information you used to use for gamertag A you should see the account you're missing. This is only if in fact both gamertags are associated with the one email.

-

Quite often I have seen this issue and 9 times out of 10 they are using the wrong email and password for the gamertag they want to see. You can try verify you have the right email address with some of the tips at this link:

http://support.xbox.com/billing-and-subscriptions/account-management/forgot-microsoft-account
  6. WPAK Win User

Windows Live ID Issue!

To remove that gamertag that is connected to your 'main' email (Microsoft Account), just change the connected gamertag connected to a new Microsoft account.

-

So first free up your 'correct' email address by moving the connected gamertag to a new Microsoft Account

and after that you should be able to change the 'email' (Microsoft Account) for your main gamertag to your 'correct' email address (Microsoft Account)
Thema:

1. Wrong gamertag accompaning email for microsoft account. - Similar Threads - Wrong gamertag accompaning

2. My account has been displaying the wrong Gamertag in certain areas periodically.

in XBoX on Consoles
    My account has been displaying the wrong Gamertag in certain areas periodically.: My current XBL tag is "", but will occasionally display it as my old tag, "Eevee G" on certain areas of the Xbox system. My dashboard, my profile card etc. I've had this issue for a little over a...
  3. the wrong gamertag is showing up for my microsoft account email

in XBoX on Consoles
    the wrong gamertag is showing up for my microsoft account email: Hi, so I recently changed my account email to a newer one and now when I sign in it comes up with a random account and not my normal one with all my achievements on. Any help? much appreciated...
  4. Got wrong gamertag when changing it

in XBoX on Consoles
    Got wrong gamertag when changing it: Hi! I was going to change my gamertag because i got tired of the one i recently had but i got a problem. I wrote in my gt that i wanted and it was aviable but when i was going to pay it said that...
  5. Wrongful Forced gamertag change

in XBoX Accessibility
    Wrongful Forced gamertag change: My gamertag that I PAID FOR and that i have had for over 2 years was deemed inappropriate just today and was forcefully changed and now they want me to pay to change it. My name was [Mod Removed]....
  6. email connected to wrong gamertag

in XBoX on Consoles
    email connected to wrong gamertag: So I recently updated my xbox and when I went to loginto my account the wrong email was connected to the correct gamertag. So I went and deleted the gamertag and went to sign in to it again. It...
  7. Xbox gamertag tenure wrong

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox gamertag tenure wrong: [img] [img] why my gamertag on Xbox 360 show 3 years gold but on Xbox one my gamertag only show 1. can please the support team fix this :( 54f27d24-3eed-49e1-8084-81378940d962
  8. Xbox gamertag tenure wrong

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox gamertag tenure wrong: [img] [img] why my gamertag on Xbox 360 show 3 years gold but on Xbox one my gamertag only show 1. can please the support team fix this :( 54f27d24-3eed-49e1-8084-81378940d962
  9. Error when trying to change gamertag for child account "Something went wrong: "

in XBoX on Consoles
    Error when trying to change gamertag for child account "Something went wrong: ": Hello, I'm been trying to change the Gamertag for my child account, and no matter what gamertag I choose, even one of the suggested ones, I receive an error: Something Went Wrong Purchase-3001...
  10. Constant "something went wrong" when purchasing gamertag change

in XBoX on Consoles
    Constant "something went wrong" when purchasing gamertag change: I have $10 in my account for a gamertag change. All goes well till the purchase and I always get "something went wrong, try again" type message. It generates an error code but the search...