Wrong Gamertag Changed

Discus and support Wrong Gamertag Changed in XBoX Accessibility to solve the problem; Today, I created a new gamertag for my son. I logged into his account, went to his xbox profile, went to customize his gamertag, and changed the... Discussion in 'XBoX Accessibility' started by RebaJammer, Jan 9, 2022.

1. RebaJammer
    RebaJammer Guest

Wrong Gamertag Changed

Today, I created a new gamertag for my son. I logged into his account, went to his xbox profile, went to customize his gamertag, and changed the gamertag for free. The gamertag then updated to my gamertag instead of his, and now it wants to charge me $10 to change it again. Is there a way to undo my gamertag change? This was a bug in the system it seems and I did not want to change my gamertag.

:)

RebaJammer, Jan 9, 2022
  2. Jesse E' Win User

Wrong Gamertag Changed

Hello, My name is Jesse. I'm an Independent Advisor and a member of the Microsoft community and I'd love to assist you today.

I'm sorry, there is no way around this issue. Any and all change will cost $10. Sorry about this
  3. WPAK Win User

Gamer Tag Change

@SunkNath

I'm afraid you are wrong there, it has been changed so that even a forced gamertag change will not result in a free gamertag change. It will change the gamertag to an autogenerated one and if you want to change it you will need to pay the same price to do
    so.
  4. x24hrs2livex Win User

Changing gamertag! Spelled wrong..

Hey DrunkAssasin99, no one here has the power to change your GT. The only way to change it would be to pay the $10 fee. If you lack the funds, I would suggest signing up
    http://bingrewards.com if you are in the USA. You can get free money for your Microsoft Account.
  5. Smwutches Win User

Wrongful Forced gamertag change

For information about why it was changed and to see about submitting a case review, you would need to go to
    http://enforcement.xbox.com However, it will most likely be upheld. The forced gamertag policy is per the code of conduct you agreed to.
  6. HomegrownSilky Win User

My xbox 360 gamertag was decided to be inapropriate yesterday.

Support was wrong. Nobody in these forums can assist with forced gamertag changes.
Thema:

Wrong Gamertag Changed

1. Wrong Gamertag Changed - Similar Threads - Wrong Gamertag Changed

2. I write wrong mi gamertag wile I was changing it

in XBoX Games and Apps
    I write wrong mi gamertag wile I was changing it: I wanted to change my gamer tag from "kosmetic2008" to "Kosmetic" without the numbers but I wrote it wrong and i wrote "Kosmetoc".Then i wanted to chang it to "Kosmetic" because it was the name in...
  3. Wrong Gamertag / Changing Gamertag (Halo Reach PC Steam)

in XBoX on Windows
    Wrong Gamertag / Changing Gamertag (Halo Reach PC Steam): Earlier today I decided to purchase Halo: Reach on PC (via Steam) and when asked to log into a Microsoft account I created a new account. It then asked me to enter a gamer tag, which I did, but...
  4. Got wrong gamertag when changing it

in XBoX on Consoles
    Got wrong gamertag when changing it: Hi! I was going to change my gamertag because i got tired of the one i recently had but i got a problem. I wrote in my gt that i wanted and it was aviable but when i was going to pay it said that...
  5. Wrongful Forced gamertag change

in XBoX Accessibility
    Wrongful Forced gamertag change: My gamertag that I PAID FOR and that i have had for over 2 years was deemed inappropriate just today and was forcefully changed and now they want me to pay to change it. My name was [Mod Removed]....
  6. Error when trying to change gamertag for child account "Something went wrong: "

in XBoX on Consoles
    Error when trying to change gamertag for child account "Something went wrong: ": Hello, I'm been trying to change the Gamertag for my child account, and no matter what gamertag I choose, even one of the suggested ones, I receive an error: Something Went Wrong Purchase-3001...
  7. Constant "something went wrong" when purchasing gamertag change

in XBoX on Consoles
    Constant "something went wrong" when purchasing gamertag change: I have $10 in my account for a gamertag change. All goes well till the purchase and I always get "something went wrong, try again" type message. It generates an error code but the search...
  8. Gamertag wrongfully changed by Xbox Enforcement Team

in XBoX on Consoles
    Gamertag wrongfully changed by Xbox Enforcement Team: I've had the gamertag '[Mod Removed]' for over 5yrs (It's a combination of The Simpsons & Seinfeld jokes). I've recieved MULTIPLE complements about it and NOT ONCE have i ever recieved negative...
  9. MY GAMERTAG WAS WRONGFULLY CHANGED.

in XBoX on Consoles
    MY GAMERTAG WAS WRONGFULLY CHANGED.: My gamertag was wrongfully changed claiming it was inappropriate. Now I'm stuck with this trash generic gamertag and you claim you can't do anything about it. Really? You can't credit my account...
  10. I changed the Gamertag on the wrong account.

in XBoX on Consoles
    I changed the Gamertag on the wrong account.: I've got two accounts on Xbox Live and I used my bank card to pay for a Gamertag change. But I used my bank card on the wrong account and changed the Gamertag using my bank card to pay. So, in...