Wrong keyboard keys response

Discus and support Wrong keyboard keys response in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; Numeric keypad was acting weird with Skyrim Special Edition 1.5.97 ever since. For example, if I would want to assign one of the Num1...Num9 keys as... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by Che Ttako Sogo, Jan 11, 2022.

1. Wrong keyboard keys response

Numeric keypad was acting weird with Skyrim Special Edition 1.5.97 ever since.

For example, if I would want to assign one of the Num1...Num9 keys as a hotkey to some action, I would get NumLock "assigned" in stead of any of them. I would press Num1 and I would see NumLock in assigned keys list, see?

After installing Windows 10 version 21H2 (formatting partitions, installing everything from scrap and from zero) similar thing affected some other keys. For example,

+= = F12
    [ = F12
    ] = [
    \| = ]

or

+= = Prev Track

[ = DIK_AT

] = [

\| = ]

And I'd like to emphasize that everywhere else these keys work as they are meant to work, in other games, too, BUT I saw the same pattern of "hotkeys corruption" in Warhammer Chaosbane. So it's not some Bethesda / Skyrim flaw, it looks like Windows stopped supporting some game engines tools. Not much evidence, I am sorry, but I am no gaming research institute.

Regarding FAQ: no, I've got no background applications added known to reserve hotkeys, no interfering controllers added, got Steam overlay disabled, all drivers are up-to-date and match the US American English, all settings are double-checked and foolproof, etc, etc, and the only thing that actually changed was installing a newer version of Windows and I am sorry for that now.

Is there any way to fix this in-game kbd input corruption manually or I've got to erase everything and search for some old Windows installer?

Thank you so much.

:)

Che Ttako Sogo, Jan 11, 2022
  2. BrianGunter Win User

THE TRUTH ABOUT SHARING GAMES. XBOX ONE

Fetching - It doesn't look like the "period" key on your keyboard is working. Looks like your "shift" key is broken as well. Perhaps you should get your keyboard repaired?
  3. {Parity} Win User

Which button is enter? I type password but key A erases password?

Scroll to the enter key on the keyboard that is on the screen.
  4. RedBullet Win User

keyboard and mouse?

Keyboard does work, I rebooted the machine and it sees and uses my logitech wireless keyboard just fine!

Would be better if a mouse also worked, but keyboard was pretty key.
  5. Stevie77-973E6220-A1 Win User

Microsoft buys store space at BestBuy

Ookami Kurayami lol, My mother literally flinches whenever she types a key on the keyboard, like it's going to blow up if she hits the wrong one. It might be kind of amusing to watch her send a geek squad or MS support person into a hulk rage.
  6. xCHEMISTx Win User

PC/Mac users town hall - Is ESO noteworthy?

Playing with a keyboard and mouse is the most annoying thing with PC gaming for me. The only thing that has helped me is I have a really nice gaming keyboard now with very responsive keys. A gaming mouse is also good but I worry more about my keyboard then
    anything.

Some players are actually using a mod to play ESO on PC with a controller apparently though
    www.nexusmods.com/.../20 I have also played around with my keybinds to make them more suitable as well.
Thema:

Wrong keyboard keys response

1. Wrong keyboard keys response - Similar Threads - Wrong keyboard keys

2. New xbox exclusive content on wrong account

in XBoX Accessibility
    New xbox exclusive content on wrong account: Hi We purchased a new Xbox for daughters birthday. It came with exclusive fortnite and rocket league bundles. I had to log in to my account to be able to set up the xbox as she is only 8 however...
  3. Wrongfully Suspended communication

in XBoX Accessibility
    Wrongfully Suspended communication: So my account was suspended from using any type of player to player communication for 3 days which is not right mostly due to the fact that its my first offense. Plus the person who reported me...
  4. Downloaded Microsoft Simulator Premium Deluxe to wrong computer

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Downloaded Microsoft Simulator Premium Deluxe to wrong computer: I decided to update my system to a new Windows 11 system with a new tower with plenty of memory, I also updated my adobe. I have not received my new computer yet so I figured I could download the...
  5. son bought an xbox voucher which went to the wrong microsoft account

in XBoX Games and Apps
    son bought an xbox voucher which went to the wrong microsoft account: I hope someone can help me as I do not know anything about gaming or purchasing? My son bought a £20 gift voucher on my amazon account and when he went to redeem it, it went onto my microsoft...
  6. Why won’t xbox verify my profile picture? There is nothing wrong with it

in XBoX Accessibility
    Why won’t xbox verify my profile picture? There is nothing wrong with it: [img] i’m just trying to change my profile picture to this on xbox and it isn’t verifying. is there something wrong with it? i’ve waited atleast 4-5 hours and it still isn’t changing....
  7. Something went wrong at our end. We’re working on it.

in XBoX on Consoles
    Something went wrong at our end. We’re working on it.: Hello I have been having an issue with my series X for a few weeks now where the hdmi is flashing on and off on random occasions sometimes cutting off for a few minutes at a time , I’ve been...
  8. I was wrongly suspended for communication, I have been banned for 3 days now and the...

in XBoX Rewards & Social
    I was wrongly suspended for communication, I have been banned for 3 days now and the...: I was wrongly banned for saying "come to armadillo bar" to someone in my rdr2 game, I've been banned for 3 days now and it's extremely frustrating that I can't make an appeal because the...
  9. An order I made has the wrong address and I can’t change it

in XBoX on Windows
    An order I made has the wrong address and I can’t change it: I ordered an Xbox Elite Series controller and was really excited for it. But day after day, it kept getting delayed. We pondered this, and eventually called the shipping company: GLS. I found out...
  10. Halo CE on Xbox Game Pass PC (Keyboard registering wrong input)

in XBoX on Windows
    Halo CE on Xbox Game Pass PC (Keyboard registering wrong input): When playing Halo CE, my keyboard input is registering wrong input. Example: - Pressing "A" on the keyboard causes the character to jump. - Pressing "D, S, or Spacebar" does not register any...